Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

easy method to make Kif. (pics included)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by haus6969, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 haus6969, Aug 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
    Know all those "useless stems" that you just throw into an ashtray or the trash....think again!!

After a blunt and some bong rips awhile back i came up with a method to make Kif out of stems easy and doesnt really cost anything. So this is my guide to make Kif with the method ive thought up. dunno if somebody else has thought of it or not but ive been doin it awhile and i might as well share it with some fellow stoners.

Things needed:
    stems/shake
    1 glass jar (works best), nouging jar or w/e kind of container that has a completly solid lid.
    1 silk screen
    1 guitar pick or whatever else you want to use, pick works the best from my experience.
    1 plate
    a freezer

(dont need the ashtray but i was smoking an L while doing this earlier)
    [​IMG]

First you need to collect some stems and shake if you want..i dont smoke the leaves off my buds i pick them off and i throw them into my stem jar then when you get a decent amount comes the magic!

Step 1:

throw your stems in a jar and put them in the freezer overnight to make the THC more brittle and able to fall off the stems.

[​IMG]

Step 2:

Put a square of silk screen on top of your jar and close the lid over it like so

(silk screen)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 3:

Hold jar upside down and shake it like its never been shook before for 1-3 mins holding it upside down so the Kif goes through the screen but not the plant material.

[​IMG]

Step 4:

Open that bad boy up and take the screen off and induldge yourself in the goodness you see before your eyes.

(usually its just coated completly not able to see through it but i let it sit out of the freezer to long but you get the idea)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 5:

use that handy guitar pick and scrap the kif off carefully you dont wanna lose it! and put it on a plate

Step 6:
    Pack it up throw some kif on it and sit back and enjoy =)

DONT USE A MASON JAR!! (the soft spot on the bottom of the lid isnt hard enough to knock the thc off the stems!)

[​IMG]

any questions jus send me a PM, happy blazing!

Edit: just realized i posted this in the wrong place ment to put it in recreational use.

2. pretty sweet stash if that really is quality keif.

3. nice man..where do i get a silk screen?

4. use some old nylons.

5. its good quality kif, theres no plant matter ive been smoking it and making it for awhile if you cant tell by the jar haha.

everyone who has smoked it loves it, ive gone as far as making hash and oil out of it before and it works really well.

Ill put a pic up of it under a different light, its pure gold goodness no green leaves and other plant matter. Theres no difference between the THC on stems and the THC on buds its just located in a different place.

and i found a screen at a local hobby store (they are screens used for printing t-shirts) just be sure the holes arnt to small ill find an exact micron count and post it also in a little while.

also a silk scarf will work well, anything with small enough holes to let THC through but keep plant material out or nylons as giroldo said.

my laptop is about to die now though and it doesnt work plugged in, so time to blaze a few bowls and ill be back! its sunday not shit to do.

6. Trichomes ;)

Nice technique, I'm saving stems to make green dragon but i think i will try this instead.
    I just weighed my collection, I have 15 grams of high quality frosty stems, this should work pretty well.

7. Also any shop that specializes in graphic design should sell them by the foot.
    Any hobby shop for that matter also.
    If anyone asks what your doing just say your silk screening some tshirts.

8. They're tiny t-shirts, thats why I just need 6in. by 6in. :p

9. yo wait, why wont a mason jar work? and how do i know what i have is actually a mason jar or if its just a glass jar"???? whats the diff?

10. This is the best idea ive ever seen for what to do with stems and youve inspired me to start a stem collection. That is a shitload of kief too I cant wait till i have enough stems to do that

11. mason jars work if you have a solid hard plastic or glass lid, but the regular lid for one (pic at end of post) has rubber on the bottom and wont knock off the THC.

And BTW you can kief the stems over and over and over again its good for alot of uses not just one. just freeze for a little and repeat till no more kief comes off (dont gotta freeze for but like 15 20 mins i just leave my jar in the freezer permanently

just keep going till you dont get anymore i kiefed 100+ grams of stems for 3 months and finally got tired of doing it before it ran out haha. The little bit of stems in that jar has lasted me 2 weeks now and still going strong!

12. Good tutorial, man!

13. Wow, not a bad idea! I've been saving my stems, shake, and sweetleaf to make QWISO but I think I'll be doing this instead.

+rep !

14. thanks guys for comments and rep hope it turns out as good for you as it has for me! ive been smoking kif on every bowl pack for 7 months now haha. if you guys got any questions or anything just post em here and ill answer.

15. sorry for a double post but figured i would post a pic of the whole silk screen so you guys get an idea instead of a little square. haha just realized my bubbler was in that pic

[​IMG]

16. bump for all the stoners that didnt see it and want some kief :eek:

17. Good bump, otherwise I wouldn't have seen this :bongin:

18. Good tuturial.
    Im gonna try this once i have enough stems.

19. dude ill never through out a stem again!!. sweet idea and great tutorial. + rep:hello:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.