Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"To Infinity and Beyond," My Smoke Report of the 20th Annual Cannabis Cup (2007)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by AK Infinity, Nov 14, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."

~Henry David Thoreau~

Passion n. (any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.)

I think it's fair to say that I feel nothing but passionate love for the sacred plant. Marijuana is the centerpiece of my well developed imagination. Its been like a lighthouse beaming its bright light through the mists of my existence------------->[LIGHT.] I've pursued many creative endeavors with all of my powers blazing at their highest and she was still pushing me forward. [Marijuana: "AK Infinity I hereby declare you to be singled mindedly obsessed with this here green stuff."] The logical conclusion of this obsession is to fulfill it any way possible.

This year I mark off another goal as achieved, as in the next few days I will be departing the familiar shores of my troubled nation to travel to the free and open streets of Amsterdam to attend the 20th annual Cannabis Cup. For anyone not in the "know" its the most prestigious event of its kind bringing together the finest growers, seed breeders, and judges to help pick the world's best pot. I've wanted to go for the last several years or so and now my time has arrived. Lest there be any sort of confusion let me make it perfectly clear. The only reason I'm going is for the weed, I have no interest in the red light district whatsoever, I'm a good looking fucker--:D-- I don't have to pay for play. As I said before weed is my fucking creed my essential air my dearest need.

A comprehensive assessment of each strain will be given, as well as reports on all hashish products and the latest gear. Buckle the fuck up because I'm going to blow your minds. Seriously----tick, tick, tick-------------------->[BOOM].

[You have entered the Infinity Zone...]

Ahem, yeah, stay green.

2. Ahh thats so great man, you're definitely accomplishing one of my dreams for the near future! Stay safe and enjoy yourself to the fullest bro.

3. Have a fun trip!!!

4. You better hurry up and compelte your dream buddy because the republicans are fucking up amsterdam almost as much as they are fucking up in America.

Basically any shop that closes there will not be another opening in its place. They have not given the lowest amount of shops they plan on keeping open. Also by 2009 there will no shops in a certian amount of space between primary, secondary, or univirsities. From what i have stated above I am not saying that it will be like the states shortly but the freedom is becoming more limited. Glad im going this summer!

5. If there's one person I'd want to write about all these strains it's you.

I love reading your posts, you have a way with words.

6. AK, you have my only slightly divided attention. Describe away, my eloquently stoned mofo....:hello:

7. #7 AK Infinity, Nov 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
    Thanks a lot for the words bros, the anticipation is killing but damn I'm going to hit the ground running or smoking rather. :)

Here's Jorge with some words of what it's like to be a judge from last years Cup.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9mWiuU3Y4"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s9mWiuU3Y4[/ame]​

8. Sweet bro, I know you will have a great time. Guess I'll just have to wait for #21.

9. I can't wait to go to a Cannabis Cup. It will probably be in a few years for me. Have fun!!

10. One of my colleagues is going.. Bring me back a t-shirt.

11. Oh man, that sounds amazing. I can't wait to read your report. And like it was stated above, there is no other person who I would rather read a report on the cannabis cup by on this site than yourself.
    Enjoy the true FREEDOM of cannabis over there! :hello:

12. Oh man, have a good ass time. I expect a full report when you return!

13. My thoughts exactly, can't wait to hear how it was AK :hello:

14. Have fun on your journey, if you get the chance smoke some Black Domina for me, lol.

Oh, and I dunno whereall you'll be exploring, but you should check out Kuekenhof Gardens-- it's amazing.

15. Ahhh your so lucky. I'm happy for you, sounds like your finally doing something thats been a goal of yours, I hope you take full advantage of amsterdam. As for the red light district I don't ever go to prostitutes for sex or nuthin like that, waste of money, but in amsterdam their hookers are a lot different from ours, cleaner and without disease so I'd prolly make an exception while up there.

16. The Coffeeshops

The Dolphins
    De Rokerij
    Rookies
    The Noon
    Mellow Yellow
    The Bushdocter
    The Bluebird
    Sensi Museum
    Rusland
    De Dampkring
    De Tweede Kamer
    Abraxis
    Grey Area
    Homegrown Fantasy
    Betty Boop
    420 Cafe
    Resin
    Greenhouse United
    Barney's
    Boerejongens
    Katsu

The Seeds Companies

Barney's Farm
    BC Bud Depot
    Green House Seeds
    Paradise Seeds
    Magus Genetics
    Kiwi Seeds
    Flying Dutchman Seeds
    Next Generation Seeds
    Big Buddha Seeds
    MOD Seeds
    Sensi Seed Company
    Soma Seeds
    TH Seeds
    White Label
    Ceres Seeds
    Homegrown Fantaseeds
    Hemcy Seeds
    DNA Genetics
    Delta 9 Seeds
    Greenthumb Seeds
    Greenlife Seeds
    Reserva Pravada
    Dampkring Seeds
    Apothecary Seeds
    Nirvana Seed Company

My flight departs tomorrow at 12:50 pm and I will arrive in the Dam at 7:40 the next morning, I'll probably spend the morning collecting my pass and getting a general view of the city before I check into my hotel.

Let's hope my tolerance is up to the task. :D

Stay green.

17. My flight leaves on Saturday. Have you found anywhere with a list of the strains? I am not buying a judge's pass (waste of money) so i gotta find the list another way. Worse case scenario i just go to a couple coffeeshops and find a couple good strains

18. The Bulldog isnt showin up?

19. Get on one of those little tour boats and get toured through the city.. the canals are amazing on a nice afternoon, you can smoke a j on the deck and fucking enjoy the beauty of Amsterdam. (Psst, tell me what you think of the "architecture" .. tight eh? :D)

Don't get a hot dog outside of the main train station.. i fuckin threw up my gutts..
    go visit the heineken factory!

enjoy!

20. Well I've been here for six days and I don't know what to say exactly except, WHOA! Firstly, Amsterdam is an absolutely amazing city and the Dutch people are equally as intriguing. Secondly, and I mean a very distant second, I've smoked more marijuana in this last little bit than I've ever smoked in one setting ever. I've literally been stoned since the time I hit this place up to this very second. I've gone from one Coffeeshop to another like some insatiable lunatic fool, I've vaped, sucked, puffed, toked and about any other thing you can think of with weed.

[Disclaimer: For anyone venturing to this fair city anytime in the near future I must warn you that the weed in the Coffeshops is not as good as what we can get in America on the streets. If you're coming to Amsterdam for the purposes of smoking "good bud," stay home and think of a better reason. I figured that out after the first shop, and knew it for certain after five. I happened to strike up a little conversation with a couple of guys that thought they were growers, the first point is, they knew precious little about serious growing and the second point is that they knew almost nothing about judging connoisseur grade cannabis. I tried to explain what was wrong with the Coffeeshop weed, but like with many things people should heed, it fell on deaf ears. Arjan, put it succinctly at a grow seminar the following day. The Dutch simply don't know about all of the critical steps in the growing process and as a result sell the Coffeeshops a very low quality product.]

I've had a chance to meet several of my influences, as well as watch Tommy Chong try to address the judges while being totally baked out of his fucking mind. It was really one of the coolest moments of the cup. I'll be back once I'm stateside again and my brain has had a chance to clear up a little more. There's just so much pot here that I don't think I'll be able to give very many in-depth reviews of anything.

We'll see...

Stay green.