Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Growers- Why did you decide to grow???

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tokingirl, Jul 22, 2013.

1. I'm in a new area with no connects and things aren't looking promising, unfortunately :(

My last resort is to start growing. I have zero experience but I'm confident that with a lot of research and the help of my fellow blades here, I could pull it off with a little trial & error.

What made you guys start growing? Would you recommend it? Does growing inevitably lead to selling? I typically smoke about 1/8th a week, will I end up with more weed than I usually smoke?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated :)

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2013
    I am on my 2nd serious grow, but been interested in it for almost 20 years. did some experimental growing as a teen. it came down to a financial thing (spending a lot less by growing it), as well as not having to worry about not finding any. it is well worth it, and as both a  smoker and a grower, you would only sell it if you absolutely had to. after putting 3-4 months of time and care into something, you would be apprehensive about giving anyone else some.

using the right equipment and proper care you can have 1-2 plants every 3-4 months net you 1/4 to 1/2 lb. you would end up smoking more if anything, but again, you never have to worry about relying on someone else to get your medicine.

hope this helps and if you do decide to give it a grow, lol, we'll be here to help. :bongin:

3. Everything said in the previous post is spot on. For me it came down to just not being able to afford buying it, not to mention the quality is waaaaaay better.

Growing does not lead to selling unless you are in it for the wrong reasons, it actually leads to not buying anymore.

However to get set up correctly it does require an initial investment that is not chump change, then learning how, might not be in the black on your investment for the first couple times, after you get everything up and running and gain some know how it ends up being stupid cheap compared to buying, plus all your friends will want to know how you get the dankest buds

Hope this helps

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I'm going to be growing in the hopefully near future. My main thing is I want to know what I'm smoking, it's always just been no name that I have bought. Also it seems like buying from the street the bud isn't cured properly I have no idea how many times I have bought dank looking weed only to be let down by a mild high. I think the bud is picked to early and not cured right just to move the product and flip a profit quick. I'll also save a ton of money by growing myself.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I got tired of over priced dealers, having to look for new connects, and putting money into the hands of people who could care less about anything besides making money.

The question of being worth it is up to you. Its all great, unless you get caught. As long as you keep security as a priority chances on getting caught are low but its a possibility you have to be willing to accept.

Growing doesn't have to lead to selling. That's about the choices you make as an individual. Its often the outcome though because it is very lucrative. When you can easily pull several thousand a month from one small grow area, some people are going to do it just because it beats a real job. Keep it as a hobby and you are less likely to have problems.

6. I kind of knew that the people i used as dealers were becoming less and less, so i started growing. PLus i hated overpaying but having to because it's all i had. Also i like the idea of smoking my own healthy product knowing exactly what went into it.

And this is all for my own stash, but it dosen't actually mean that you will start selling.

Oh and using the city for growing tips is the best thing to do. There are so many knowledgeable people you could definatly pull it off.

7. #8 TheAnswer121, Jul 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
    just started a new thread on my 2nd grow check it out here. she just started flowering so you will see y we grow. other than the obvious reason of having your own quality smoke, it is a very relaxing and intimate process. you come to literally love them and provide them with as much tlc as you would a child. (at least in my case). then they repay you with frosty nugs of goodness

8. I do it because I see what guys spray on their stuff... AVID does not have an edible label. Floramite isnt supposed to be used every 3 days! neonictionoids kill bees! Are these "caregivers" treating cancer -OR- causing it?

9. I started growing because I see no reason to pay a ridiculous amount of money for something as easy to grow as a carrot or tomato.

10. Because its awesome thing to do producing dank weed and making money

11. ^^^ wrong answer dude..... No one should have to pay street prices for medicine... It is nothing short of highway robbery and I wish more people like yourself would understand that

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I've never been too serious about growing but i'm definitely going to look into it once i get my med card in a couple months. I would have a 2 plant closet grow or something, nothing crazy just enough....or more than enough for me to smoke for free :) 

13. #14 LQ142, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2013

Growers have to supply the demand, and nobody is going to do it for free. People should have to pay for meds, it's another product like anything else. I don't get the mentality of people that think cannabis should be 20 dollars an ounce. That will never happen unless it's shitty mass produced outdoor. 

I grow for myself, because it's fun and cheaper. But I'll still buy buds occasionally to support other growers. I don't expect them to sell me an oz for 20 bucks because I know the work/money that goes into it. 

14.                                                                                    II
                                                                                       II
                                                                                       II
                                                                                  VVVVV
                                                                                    VVV
                                                                                      V

15. Son there is no such thing as too much weed

16. #17 dankman777, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
    Dude.... where did I say it should be free.... or 20 dollars an ounce? Oh thats right I didn't, I said it shouldn't be street prices and I stand by that statement :) , I don't get your mentality dude but thats another reason why I grow my own so I dont have to deal with people like you.... if your even telling the truth   :) really don't understand these kids they seem to have a need to argue about everything.... now please kid gtfo if all you can do is put words in my mouth....lol

17. Cuz I found a seed :)

18. three words. Dank, free, and organic

19. I don't even see how this is a real question. I have smoked daily for 6 years. I haven't had to pay for weed in over 6 years. Enough said n