Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Love Weed, Hate The Cost!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Drugs Bunny, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I love using but not abusing :p

I smoke every night and have done for the past 6+ months but it's taking a finaincial strain on my main income (mum!). She complains I spend too much money on it, I usually buy about 1.5-2 grams for £20 here in Manchester, but this can sometimes only last me 2 days. I've started to ration it out a bit better and I can usually get around 4 days out of £20.

Anybody else have this problem? I can't grow as I don't own my own house and I don't want to cut down as it seems to enhance my life on a variety of levels as my mum + girlfriend admit, I am happier when i'm medicating with it.

But hey! Long as it's legal it will cost a bomb and you'll have to buy it of some shitty dealer.

2. Buy in bulk as it will save you an insane amount of money in the long run. Instead of tryig to make 1.5 grams last 2 days try to make 14 last 7 and you'll have ended up spending less money as well. Grow your own if you can

3. sucks...
    i would never survive with those prices...

2 dollars a gram is sweeeeeet!

4. I barley survive with the prices I pay here, which is $10 a gram for the high trips...

5. Best advice. Mix this with buying in bulk and you'll be solid.

6. You shouldn't be smoking if it causes financial strain to your mother, smoking bud is a privilege not a requirement, quit smoking it until you can afford it for yourself. Be responsible.

7. Even if you do not own the house you live in, couldn't you do a micro grow in a cabinet?

8. #10 Storm Crow, Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
    Short term solution- GROW! (I supply myself and 2 other MMJ patients for about $35 a month for electricity- CFLs work just fine for a small grow!)

Long term solution- become an ACTIVIST and help get cannabis legal! :hello: Just start sharing things like this little gem!

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Seems like THC works about 10 times better at preventing Alzheimer's than Aricept, the leading anti-Alzheimer's drug! I can grow cannabis. You have to buy Aricept (if you are willing to take a second-rate medication! :cool: ).

That one little article can convince most folks that there is a lot more to cannabis than "just" getting high! :smoke:

And if that is not enough, show them what cannabis does to cancers!

Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma (full - 2006) Antitumor Activity of Plant Cannabinoids with Emphasis on the Effect of Cannabidiol on Human Breast Carcinoma

9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer through Cdc2 Regulation (full - 2006) Δ9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Inhibits Cell Cycle Progression in Human Breast Cancer Cells through Cdc2 Regulation

Cannabinoids inhibit glioma cell invasion in brain cancer studies (news - 2010)
    [FONT=&quot]http://www.examiner.com/x-19678-Cannabis-Revolution-Examiner~y2010m3d11-Cannabinoids-inhibit-glioma-cell-invasion-in-brain-cancer-studies[/FONT]

Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression
    (news - 2010)
    Cannabis Inhalation Associated With Spontaneous Tumor Regression, Study Says | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

{Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer.
    (abst - 2007)
    {Delta}-9 Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits growth and metastasis of lung cancer. -- Preet et al. 2007 (1): 4749 -- AACR Meeting Abstracts

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news – 2007)
    [FONT=&quot]Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows[/FONT]

Active cannabis chemicals halt prostate cancer cell growth (news - 2009)
    Active cannabis chemicals halt prostate cancer cell growth

Another Study Confirms Anti-Cancer Effects of THC and CBD (news – 2011)
    Another Study Confirms Anti-Cancer Effects of THC and CBD - Philadelphia medical marijuana | Examiner.com

I also have stuff on atherosclerosis and heart disease, strokes, diabetes, and a lot more! Just click that first link in my sig to access my List of studies and articles! If you really want to go all out- send me an email! I'll send you back an even larger 2012 List!

Once the medical facts about cannabis are known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! :smoke:

Granny :wave:

9. shouldn't be relying on your mom for bud, dude. take a break, find some work, enjoy.