I dont think we evolved from monkeys

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by devilsheep, Sep 6, 2011.

1. ok listen up guys, check it out we totally eveolved from the zanzibarian tribe known as the pilgrims they we all up in the area and they made us hatch form eggs and then they sprinkled us with magic fairy dust and now we have thumbs

2. #242 Rockster, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    Evolution is a done deal, it's a theory upheld by millions of facts from all the sciences.

But it needs to be properly studied in order to take the whole thing on board and it's just the creationists and their ID agenda, idiots like Kent Hovind and those jokers at the Discovery Institute, which is not a science based organisation but merely a religious propaganda mill, that are filling the young in America with fact free non science guff about the subject.

We are indeed descended from a common ancestor to the primates. This is backed up, as I say, by every branch of science to produce one dirty great huge monolith of interlocking facts that attest to the veracity of the theory.

And we've got the DNA, we've unravelled the human genome and when examined and compared to any other DNA based life form it all fits beautifully together, perfectly.

Evolution based commercial applications like medical genetic science is already a multi trillion dollar business but creationism and ID just drains money, it doesn't generate any, well, only for those selling the lies.

The whole of the biology of this planet makes no sense other than in the light of evolution.

Less preachers, more teachers.:)

3. this thread is still going?

its pretty well established that evolution is solid science just like gravity, and chemestry.

only 2 types of people think evolution is not true

people who think it conflicts with their bible :falacy because they are changing the evidence to fit a conlclusion, instead of the other way

people who dont like the idea that their great great great great great great great great granny was just a single cell. :falacy-arguement from emotion

there is in fact, no logical reason, that a right minded person should think evolution is wrong.

if anyone wants to suggest an ALTERNATE HYPOTHESIS then it should be in the same form as the sentence i am writing now, and should be backed up with evidence CONFIRMING the hypothesis.

so if your going to keep saying evolution is a lie, you need to have an alternate theory to replace it, that can be derived from the evidence currently used in the case of evolution.

example: prove the the reason humans and chimps are 90+% identical, is due to some other phenomena other then evolution from a common ancestor.

4. Theres still nothing to show how herp evolved into derp-a-herp.
    Ergo...
    Jesus.

5. grandmastersmit = biggest troll on the entire forum

6. i saw a REALLY pathetic creationist brainwashing session with some huckster drilling kids with loaded questions like
    "you ever seen a living dinosaur?"
    "NOOOOOOOOO!"

it was so shallow, but at the same time scary.

you should watch the special they had on PBS about just how sneaky, devious, lying and underhanded creationists really are. they were vandalizing property and all kinds of other sneaky tactics in their quest to get creationism into a local school. like i always say, "if you want creationism taught in school... the effing teach evolution in church!" having been threatened with death by large groups of hooting primates twice for simply stating i WAS (not anymore) an atheist WHEN ASKED, i know how well that idea will go over with the pseudo-certain terrified of the unknown crowd out to impose it's will on everyone or off them, which comes funnest.

it's really a shame because radical zealots from ANY religion make it hard on the quiet good folk that just quietly do the right thing and that truly follow the teachings of peace in their own belief systems.

you just can't argue facts though with anyone convinced they're right and that doesn't want to hear anything but how great and mighty they are hiding under some crochety "smite thine enemies!" old man's robes. religion for them isn't about seeking to improve themselves as a way to define who their enemies are (anyone different) and to be able to rationalize it like the nutjubs in texas that protested at the queer murder victim's funeral but not at the jail cell of the murderer despite their being a "thou shalt not kill" rule of thumb, but none about dropping the soap in the shower

it's pointless to even argue with such convinced they're holier than thou people.
    Brain Differences Found Between Democrats and Republicans - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

7. yup, they were just as brainwashing at my school (private christian school) and they would just use the dumbest, i mean SERIOUSLY, the dumbest shit ever to prove what they were saying was true. I'm not even joking when I say they used a pic of the universe and i think it was a cluster of stars that looked like a cross, and they were like look it's a cross, God left behind his mark! ya with pagan imagery :rolleyes: lol

I believe in God (one creator) but i don't think it's crazy that he may have used evolution to get us were we are today. people just get mad cause they take the Bible way to literally at parts that they shouldn't and then dismiss anything they don't like.

8. it would have been funny had you thought to ask
    "i thought stars (pentagrams) were the mark of the devil"

the thing that actually turned me to atheism most of my life was church itself, first when i saw a eucharist (blood of christ... body of christ) ceremony and freaked out thinking i just entered a den of real life not like the movies vampires, but knew that the bible had lies and contradictions when i caught one in the context of
    "and god said go forth and smite the amaleks..."
    (raised hand)
    "what does smite mean?"
    "kill"
    "no it doesn't!"
    "yes it does!"

(as she fiddled with the index to quote it's definition)
    "the bible says thou shalt not kill! it's a commandment"
    at which point the crazy raving bitz starts threatening to beat me.

i've had epiphanies in my life that i've recently remembered though that 100% prove to me there is a higher power even if "he" is misquoted so often and see divinely truths (like thou shalt not kill) in every religion, but sneaky lying and bullying zealots are their own worst enemies in winning converts. it's REALLY annoying when they're so deluded that they think they make god's decisions for him like the ever popular "you're going to hell" knee jerk reaction that really drives them nuts when you counter with "judge not others lest thee be judged thyself"

back when i was still an atheist before starting to lean towards agnosticism and eventually a non-denominational theism, i knew more about the bible than they did eg. the ark wasn't filled with 2 by 2 of anything except critters with cloven hooves (non-khosher critters) while everything else was loaded in either groups of 5 or 7. (i can't find the number online for some reason)

that reminds me of the bogus noah's ark documentary that was on TV in the early 90s. they tossed a piece of wood in a sloshing bathtub to prove that the ark was seaworthy and a few years later i read that the fragment of ark that they showed was just a chunk of wood burned & boiled in soy sauce to make it look ancient. the producers claimed ignorance on being duped & not checking their source

9. ok ill correct you

your on the right track humans didnt come from monkeys.

its like this see, monkeys are like are distand brothers we had the same parents (non monkeys non humans)

all life came from randomly mutating dna over billions of years

people who try to claim macroevolution is a word dont really understand how much a billion years is.

humans evolved grey wolves into chiwawas and german shepards and bull dogs, in a small fraction of a small fraction of an insignificant portion of those billions of years

its not at all hard to fathom

10. what happened to the id trolls did we scare them off?

i wanna be converted cmon guys

11. [quote name='"devilsheep"']I was thinking one day when I was high and I really just couldn't believe that we evolved from monkeys. I think early man was of a different species than monkeys, and early man evolved into what we are today.

It just doesn't make sense, like WHY do we have to come from something? Why couldn't we have been our own original species created specially just like every other animal... no other animal is believed to come from another. (correct me if im wrong)[/quote]

Because then the atheists would have been even more dumbfounded

12. Associating the theory of evolution with atheism = failure

Atheism is a single disbelief, not a belief system. You can be atheist and reject the theory of evolution :rolleyes:

13. So we are all "cousins" yet we came from ONE species, so why is that we can only produce humans with OTHER humans. Different dog species can mate and have mixed pups. No Humans are either there own race, or hell maybe we were genetically engineered, half our dna mixed with alien DNA. There's as much evidence in evolution as there is in religion /thread.

14. #255 chiefton8, Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011
    Honestly, statements like that make you look like the dumbfounded one.

Because homo sapiens is a species. Generally speaking, if two organisms are of different species they have evolved divergently enough to the point where they cannot interbreed. Why would you think that if all living organisms evolved from a common ancestor, then all living organisms should be able to interbreed? This makes no sense. In fact, if this were true, then it would argue against evolution. Have you taken much biology?

You're confusing breeds of dog with species of dog. Dogs of different breeds are still the same species so of course they can interbreed. Humans and chimps are not of the same species because different evolutionary driving forces have resulted in enough genetic divergence that we are genetically incompatible with them, thus we cannot interbreed.

Refusing to acknowledge the evidence, ignoring the evidence, or not being able to understand the evidence in support of evolution is not the same as there not being any evidence.

You're making grand statements in an attempt to refute one of the most scientifically supported theories in science, yet it appears you don't even understand what a species is. Do you not see the problem with that? I mean, would you trust me to diagnose a problem with your car's engine if I didn't even know how to change the oil or rotate the tires?

15. I do not believe we evolved from them, but that we are the highest form of evolution in our current world. Monkey's are like our mentally handicapped cousin; plently of tools, as well as potential, but just not as successful in our current, "economic society." Once we had an edge, we began to break away from the pack faster, and faster, and faster.

16. Well we didn't evolve from the primates but we did evolve from a common ancestor.

There is no such thing, if you study evolution, of a highest form in our current world as evolution has no direction, isn't going up a ladder and I wouldn't go calling the primates mentally handicapped as they have done very well within their own evolutionary niche. Let's leave you on a night out on the African savanna and see how well you do?

The only difference between us and them is that we have a much more developed central nervous system and that is our edge and the reason we can sit at a computer and read these words.

So don't go dissing our cousins from the past, after all, if we are so advanced why has it been found that we actually interbred with Neanderthals?

Yup, we've got Neanderthal DNA in us and I think that is cool.

17. #258 Rockster, Oct 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2011

That is totally untrue as we have good evidence of basic eyes first forming that merely detected light and we have an unbroken chain right up to present day eyes and it's also been found that the eye developed independently in over 20 species.

Trilobite eyes were very basic so please do some learning before scoffing about that which you know nothing about.

So meanwhile I'll believe the science rather than believing your priest.

"oh how stupid of me"

Your words mate.

Kent Hovind fan are we?

18. I think we evolved because of god, and that god has told us that he made our figure. but whose to say we are still that figure? I feel like if he told people of the past, and people of today that we "evolved" from other creatures, instead of just us being made, people would flip shit.

19. just as much as our large brains give us a competitive edge over primates (who just so happen to use tools, hunt & even go to war), we owe the larger brain at least in part to the high protein diet we adapted when we started climbing down out of the trees and foraging. we also needed the more efficient upright posture that allows us to travel further & faster as well as losing our body hair and sweating so that we can just out walk prey and wear them out until they get heat exhaustion & finally, we have much more opposable thumbs than primates, so we're better adapted to making tools that make us more successful hunters capable of exploiting our larger brains, even so few people actually bother using them.

each little advance gave us a competitive edge over the side lines of evolution that died out when they were too specialized to deal with environmental changes, just as being smart enough to actually have names gives dolphins an edge in coordinating hunting fish in a kresh.

that comment about surviving on a savana reminds me of some stupid thing a LITERAL dittohead i worked with said in claiming his "superiority over stupid animals". he kinda shut up when i put him on the savana with a cheetah laughing at how he runs like a pussy.

less intellectually evolved animals don't need to be to fill their niches. for what chimps lack in manual dexterity, they more than make up for in the arm strength needed to swing through branches, and i you think you're better than i monkey, i triple dare you to walk up to one and punch it in the face. it would rip you to pieces after beating you to a pulp & braking all of your bones easily, because those are the skills that work in it's niche.

the only reason we're here is because of our flexibility in dealing with changing environments... when meat was scarce, our ancestors ate nuts, when there was a drought, they switched to fish.

BTW we probably owe a lot of our evolution to partnering up with dogs that became domesticated hanging around our camps. maybe we owe our smarts to hard working dogs serving as sentries & alarm clocks when we slept. domesticated dogs, in turn owe their evolution, no just in selective breeding either, to us as they are actually BETTER at reading us and what we're thinking than primates who don't know WTF pointing means where a domestic dog does.