I dont think we evolved from monkeys

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by devilsheep, Sep 6, 2011.

1. compound eyes are the SIMPLEST eyes short of single celled light detectors. that they're still around (mostly in insects) just indicates that they still work.

you won't find a fossilized eye unless a fish jumped out of the water and landed in amber. soft tissues don't fossilize generally, although soft tissues HAVE recently been extracted from at least t-rex bones that were preserved in a specific kind of sediment
    T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved

it's VERY disingenuous to ask "where are the primitive eyes?" when they wouldn't be preserved. compound eyes are made out of harder chitin or something equivalent. more complex eyes are just compound eyes turned inside out.

this link explains it, though i'm sure you'll dismiss that along with anything else that disagrees with your conclusions
    Eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here's an example of a REALLY primitive eye, still in use
    Primitive Sea Creature Sports Eyes Made of Rock | Chitons & Primitive Creatures | Evolution of Vision | LiveScience

2. #202 hazey grapes, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    compound eyes are the SIMPLEST eyes short of single celled light detectors. that they're still around (mostly in insects) just indicates that they still work.

you won't find a fossilized eye unless a fish jumped out of the water and landed in amber. soft tissues don't fossilize generally, although soft tissues HAVE recently been extracted from at least t-rex bones that were preserved in a specific kind of sediment
    T. Rex Soft Tissue Found Preserved

it's VERY disingenuous to ask "where are the primitive eyes?" when they wouldn't be preserved. compound eyes are made out of harder chitin or something equivalent. more complex eyes are just compound eyes turned inside out.

this link explains it, though i'm sure you'll dismiss that along with anything else that disagrees with your conclusions
    Eye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and here's an example of a REALLY primitive eye, still in use
    Primitive Sea Creature Sports Eyes Made of Rock | Chitons & Primitive Creatures | Evolution of Vision | LiveScience

that one's new to me and kinda cool to know about. it's an example too of evolution finding the same solutions multiple times as those eyes arose independently from a line that started out without them just as birds, bats, flying fish, flying squirrels, insects & pterodactyls all found the same solution to flying independently. when something works, the noob with the advantage outperforms it's predecessors.

here's a way to knock some air out of your argument, if you believe in intelligent design and fully formed creatures yada yada yada... then why don't ALL share the same high resolution eyes as birds of prey? why do some birds see in the ultraviolet? (answer, because insects like butterflies have pigments we can't see and rodent urine shows up in ultraviolet... gaining that ability offers an advantage, just as our eyes forward design common in predators helps locate & target while prey animals' eyes on the sides design offers a wider field of view for detecting predators)

3. I thought bout this too when i was high. You know how there are diff species for each animal? What if There was the original that split into 2 diff kinds of species due to environment and other factors. humans and apes could have came from the same original species but adapted diff over thousands of years

Or mAybe aliens made us. Never know

4. I had to go home and the conversation went in a different path, but here is the source as requested:

Human Brain is shrinking

5. doesn't most evolutionist say that they think man evolved way to fast compared to other animals? i just don't see how we could have gone from cavemen with very little intellectual capabilities, such as cave drawings, making spears, ect... and then all the sudden there's fully formed civilizations with full mathematics, languages, sciences, astrology, ect...

6. first of all, evolutionist is not a word. evolution isnt a political party or a religion. its a scientific theory. there is no "i dont believe in it" there is only "im dumb so scientists must be lying"

secondly, no "evolutionists" dont say that. evolutionary change happens through population explosion followed by extinction. man evolved very quickly yes, but so did all the other things around africas changing landscape.

well, again, just because you dont see it doesnt mean its not there. its like calling calculus a lie.

but to clear things up for you, civilization DID NOT just appear over night. you learn that in high school world history class (or you were supposed to at least...), and it has nothing to do with biology.
    society evolved over a long time.

post like this honeslty make me sick. where is our world going when basic education is absent in the general population?

7. And the shrinking brain is supposed to show what, that we are a lil stupider then our ancient brethren? Ha, that is ridiculous....whales and elephants have bigger brains are they smarter? :rolleyes:

It is not that we are smarter then cavemen it is that we had more to build on....if you where born and given no training would figure out the basics of general relativity or find a positron mathematically....No, you probably wouldn't, but with great advancements it allows us to gradually (sometimes prolific actually) grow and advance....we are not smarter, they where not disadvantaged intellectually, modern human have the same intellectual process and capabilities....maybe some of us more then others :smoke:

8. Yes I do think that is true, whales and elephants have bigger brains because the are bigger animals, and they have a more primitive brain with a flat surface, they don't have the complex ridges like the brains of humans, cats, dogs, dolphins, etc. Our brain is 3x larger than that of a typical mammal with the same body size. Over the past 20K years, our bodies have been getting larger, and our brains smaller, so yes we are going backward with our intelligence.

A man's brain is typically 100g heavy than a woman's brain in a person of the same size, only further proving my point.

9. Just read a book about evolution, maybe you would understand that evolution does not say we evolved from monkeys.

10. I cant believe this bs is popping up again, lol...

11. it's not just that size of the brain that matters, but , the size of the brain in relation to the rest of the body.

12. Size and weight have nothing to do with our intelligence, it is the limbic system and the cerebrum (especially the neocortex) that are responsible for our "higher" intelligence...

It has been shown through paleoneurology that within mammals the number of brain cells is pretty constant but what changes with brain size is your neuronets...so they may be more connected but not more of them....further yet the comparative neuroanatomy (what you are speaking of) is still debated amongst paleonuerologists because the data doesn't show or represent well the quantifying of brain size to behaviorism.

The biggest thing is lateralization of the cerebrum, even if our brains are getting significantly smaller then our archaic brothers this may be due to the fact of lateralization and our ability to put to better use the areas of the brain we have and get rid of any of the so called "fat" that would be a biological throwback to our evolutionary roots that is no longer needed and slowly our genetics conformed and figured it might be better to have less brain so as not to have to continually supply glucose to those areas, energy is a precious resource....

13. lol what? God people like you need to take the stick out of your ass and chill. I was just asking a question. and no they did not appear over night, did I say that? No. but most historians will tell you that they did a pear rather quickly, with fully formed civilizations.

I'm just asking for an explanation on how we use to be cavemen with NO higher capability and then the next thing you know civilizations are appearing with, once again, fully formed civilizations.... you would expect to see some type of gradual transition into a higher learning.... and then you have the pyramids and ton's of other monuments that we STILL to this day have no explanation for, but some how primitive people could have made by themselves...

14. Relative to what? That statement has no basis!

This is how you make it sound like they appear over night. You're being over dramatic. How long of a time period are we talking about that it took us to establish civilization let alone fully formed civilization?

Your assertion is coming off extremely radical, as if we just discovered calculus in the first 1,000 years of our existence.

So what? What does not having an explanation for anything prove? Lack of evidence is not evidence in itself.

Why is it so difficult to accept something as currently unknown?

15. #216 Smoking 247, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    hmmmm maybe i'm wording it wrong... do you think there could have been any type of out side influence (not aliens lol) that could have sped up our evolution? i'm reading Food of the Gods now about how he think that the use of Shrooms sped up evolution which got me to thinking like how the fuck did these people back then even know how to make those mega structures and shit if they had nothing to go off of? and these same type of structures are appearing all over the world. but some how to us it's a mystery lol

and the reason I point of the pyramids and things like that is because most people will go "we have no idea how they even began to start making them, but they did" is a weak explanation.

http://www.strayreality.com/Lanis_Strayreality/sumerian_civilization 2.htm

if you look at that and the things that there saying this civilization was doing and capable of is odd, wouldn't you expect to see smaller civilizations with small, but evolving forms of writing, mathematics, music, schooling, ecttt leading up to this?

16. #217 m00zix, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011
    Honestly, I don't know. It's very interesting to read about the accomplishments of Egyptians and they weren't expected to have metal pulleys. That's just fucking mind blowing. I have no other choice but to assume Jewish man-power is not to be underestimated.

It's a mystery because we have no evidence of metal pulleys or schematics (I think) of their structures etc. The only evidence we have is the fact that these huge pyramids exist and we burden ourselves with the task of explanation with the little evidence we have.

@the latter half of your post that was edited in

It is a weak explanation, but there is weak evidence. It may not satisfy you, but how is that justification for aliens or God? I understand you may not adhere to these concepts, but people certainly do.

Also, there are compelling concepts as to how they transferred the huge blocks (cylinders under the blocks and shoved it along like an assembly line) but as for how they raised them/forced them up an incline is a mystery aside from pure man power. It's a crazy notion, but there is no basis for any other notion.

17. #218 Smoking 247, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
    a lot of ancient texts say that alien or "gods" were the reason for this, but there fucking ancient texts that we have no idea why or who or for what purpose they were written for lol

to me, if shrooms were the factor that sped up our evolution it could make sense, people see some strange beings/creatures during trips/spiritual jounreys, they also talk about getting higher knowledge from an unknown energy source ect..

18. I am almost positive in asserting there were forms of writing, math, music etc, just very rudimentary. As is the building. It's not as if it's a steel skyscraper...

19. Well said, where are you getting your information? Are you going to school for physiology, or are you just looking this stuff up online?

I still think we are going backward. Every generation we are more dependent on the information of the generation before.

I realize that living in communities and specialization has got us to where we are today, but can you imagine if society collapsed how screwed people would be. I think most people wouldn't be able to figure out how to survive without electricity.