Why do we have a big toe?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Bozley, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Why is it that our big toe is so much bigger and stronger than all of our other toes.

In a fight the big toe would win every time.

Why is it so big?

2. for balance cut off your big toe and your fucked.

3. I think the question we should be asking is how come all the other toes are so small. I mean come on u see the big ass mother fucker over there. That doesn't inspire all you little fuckers? Okay starting tomorrow i'm going to create a work out system focused on making all of my toes as large and magnificent as my big toe. I'll sell my system to the world, and make trillions. But for now i'll just blaze another bowl, and imagine how jealous i'll make people when they see me rockin my sandals with 5 huge ass toes. I'm dead serious by the way. My system will be called The 5 Toe Discount.

4. ^^^That's what I always heard too, even my Biology teacher told me that back in high school lol

5. After my workout system you wont need to worry about losing your big toe and being called wobbly Wilber by all your friends because you'll have 4 more fantastic toes just like the one u lost. All this for the low price of an ounce of the finest marry jane.

6. not gonna lie i pick shit up with my feet a lot and i wouldnt be able to without my big toe

big toe ftw, also when i hang off branches my big toe helps

7. This. They used to cut off the big toe of escaped slaves as punishment, it makes it really hard to balance and kills any possibility of you running.

8. They actually used to brake there ankles

9. #10 BellaBrownBear, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Haha are you me? ...picking things up with my feet and hanging off branches are my specialties :D
    Rock on big toe!

10. just in case

11. Weird. I thought it was for scratching the back of my legs...

12. my second toe is longer than my big toe, in a movie someone noticed that with someone and said that means they're a good runner....im actually a very good runner, sprinter mid distance..anyone else have the same thing?

13. Nah, I had a kid in my judo class that had most of his foot missing because of a car accident. He did extremely well, he said you have to get used to it.

14. Yeah, but I'm not a great runner. I mean, I enjoy running, but I don't know that it's related to my big toe.

Maybe I just have yet to unlock my toe-potential

15. Thought I was the only one. :rolleyes:

16. thread shoulda ended after this post

17. good thing you posted to say that!

18. bump!