Mimicry, Mirror Neurons and Brain-to-Brain Communication

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Mnemonicsmoke, Feb 24, 2010.

1. I know I tend to post silly threads here in the science forum but this one is serious
    because...well i'm sober

I just found out about this

Mimicry, Mirror Neurons and Brain-to-Brain Communication (Dr. X's Free Associations)

Now this is extremely interesting to me

Because...when I am stoned I can actually feel sensations on my own skin when I observe others scratching, petting, hitting, groping, eating etc etc
    My skin also reacts to noise in this way

and I think this is more universal but cannabis tends to make me very sensitive, very empathetic, very very good at reading body language

Can you dig this crazyness*question mark*

(my slash key is stuck)

Perhaps some brainscientists should look into cannabis if they want to research these mimicry neurons
    It seems possible they are amplifying their action within my brain
    Peace

2. Thanks for the video man

This is crazy, cus I guess that guy says the I'm not supposed to literarly feel other peoples sensations in my own skin because my skin is supposed to inhibit the signals

But when I'm on cannabis this isn't the case...So cannabis is affecting my nerves in the skin *question mark*

Or is it amplifying the mirror neurons (which would make more sense) because of the way cannabis also amplifies things like empathy and body language recognition
    could be both