Marijuana as a "truth serum?"

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by ReallyRed, Nov 19, 2009.

1. #1 ReallyRed, Nov 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2009
    okay, yeah i know the stories about how the government apparently wanted to make cannabis into a sort of truth serum... but i have a theory i'd like to collect some of your anecdotes for regarding this.

i think (and this is a gut feeling so it might be completely bunk) that marijuana actually IS a sort of truth serum... but not like sodium pentathol or others...

basically this is how i think it goes down.

it alters one's motivation.

for example, i like to noodle on my guitar while i'm high... i really enjoy just strumming out stuff, even if it's useless or nonsensical, it just helps me to try and embody emotions that i feel are more difficult to put to words. i can smoke a J, pick it up and just play and play and play until i've played myself sober... whereas things like working on animation or drawing (which i've realized my motivations for doing so were for attention and money as opposed to a real love of doing it) falls short.

how bout you? for the things you're motivated to do while high, are they things you deeply enjoy doing? for the things you're not motivated to do, are they things you secretly dislike doing?\

share your stories! i'd like to get some feedback on this to see if it's a viable theory or if it's just another rambling, nonsensical idea. (we all get them now and then ;) )

2. well. i love to be doing something mentally or physically while im high. and i seriously dislike doing shit all nothing while high. it really grinds my gears.

3. I know what you mean. Feels like a waste of a high kinda...

4. #4 blknazn, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2009
    exactly how it feels. and even more of a waste when you smoke the good shit before bed and stay up for hours haha, also sure it could be a truth serum or lying serum lol some people lie like crazy and some people simply just tell the truth to get ppl to shut up. depends on the mindset while high at the moment it could always change

5. I'm pretty good at lying when high.

I talked my way out of multiple felony charges when I was cross-faded, and alcohol in itself is a sort of truth-serum I believe.

I do believe that cannabis can open up yourself, reveal yourself. It is a wonderful tool for introspection (when in the right environment) and can definitely make self-exploration a much more fluid process.

In a way, yes, I do believe marijuana can be a 'truth serum'.

6. Truth serum, eh? Makes me want to try it on a few people

7. i like THINKING of doing stuff, but i dont like actually doing it

8. weird, it is a truth serum in a way?