Are Animals Afraid Of Humans?

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by paperplanes11, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Goat simulator 2014 anyone played that yet?

2. exactly mon every animal has it's own unique amazing personality that I very much adore. I love animals and the environment because it's just filled of wonders and amazement to me. Some animals could be afraid of humans but for instance a black bear. Black bears are huge but some would want to argue if they're scared or not. IMO if you leave a black bear alone it will leave you alone(same thing for many dangerous animals) now if you came across a cub of a black bear and the momma black bear was 10 feet from you and lets say 20 feet from her baby she has the instinct of any parent(human or animal) she would defend and become very aggressive if she found her family in danger and therefore would act upon in a violent way for the safety of her babies. Or a snake and it's "territory" if you come across a snake best thing to do is walk back slowly the way you came while keeping eyes on it and finding another way around where you want to go. If a snake feels someone/something is invading on it's "territory" it will feel threatened and act upon that. Animals biggest concern is like is defending what we have and keeping our families safe. That's why like you said a tiger isn't scared because it's a predator an awesome one too! The tiger would hunt and kill anything with meat for him/her and their family or pack their in.
    It's also a way an animal is raised for example if you found a dead momma wolf and a baby wolf laying by the body of the momma wolf and decided to raise it and give the scared little wolf a home and raised it like a dog. Most likely it would be raised up as a peaceful wolf yet since it's wild it would still have some connectivity to it's wild free-self. My grandpa knows someone who is his neighbor that found a baby crocodile in their lawn and brought it into their house and raised it up. It would still attack people and you can't go near the croc unless the owner is their and lets the croc know it's okay. That being said te croc would never hurt and never has hurt or attacked the owner.
    This all being said IMO I just feel that animals hve a bigger heart than humans and are more connected, yet misunderstood that they "attack" because they have too. But, I'm also not saying every animal defends because deer are peaceful creatures who don't attack(that I know of) so some animals are born and were created as prey(deer) and some are created as predators(tigers) and then there's other that just want to defend and protect what is theirs(snakes, bears).
    I could be wrong I could be right I just love nature and wildlife and love to try to understand them :)

3. I heard somewhere that when inviting a new animal you need to get as small as possible. But obviously get as big as possible if a bear is charging towards you.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I can take on a bear with my bare hands  :bongin:  :bolt:

5. Some chihuahuas are held so much that their grand-puppies have weak legs and break them jumping off the bed. Random I know, but still deserves the awareness lol

"Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see."
    - Thomas Jefferson

6. Do you know often I see posts like this. How humans are SO terrible and SO evil and SO destructive.

Yet at the same time we also build reservations for life, we help endangered species, we have cleaned up pollution drastically since the 70s, we constantly look for eco friendly ways to do things, we create tree farms, we do less deforestation then we used to, the list goes on.

So we don't destroy every fucking thing at an alarming rate. 

7. We are animals

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Don't wanna sound like a smart ass but we do all those things not to prevent but as a result of what we've already done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9.  There was a portion of russia where the animals were entirely relaxed around humans, thanks to isolation.

Then some asshole poachers from china killing bears for their paws fucked it all up.

I remember watching a nature episode that showed how peaceful the bears were.  The food was so plentiful that the bears really only fought over females, and like.. because there were so many females and males together, the fights never got serious and everyone got poon, and otherwise didnt give a shit about defending territory, it was crazy. It was literally a paradise for them.   "hey bro, let's stop fighting, there's like a million females all around us."  The bears didnt even have to prey on deer or anything. It was crazy seeing a deer drinking right next to a bear.

One of the bears was very curious and decided to check out one of the naturalists that were studying them, and it was amazing.  The bear had no bad intentions at all.  It was just innocent curiosity and it fucking wrenched my gut to see the scene where the curiosity and relaxed behavior were destroyed by greed.  After the poaching occurred, the bears were no longer present.  They now fear humans.

Now because of the stress and fear, they're likely at each other's throats now.  How sad...

10. Some do like for example: Spiders and Deers. When a human first sees a spider, his amygdala is hyperactive which leads to the ultimatum-- should I fight or flight? The human tends to forget that the Spider is way more startled than he/she is lol.

As for Deers? White tailed deers are harmless creatures that go on with their business, and tend to be intimidated by bright colors or human/transportation movement. However, their cousin the "Buck" are way more violent, and less frightened with who they encounter in their environment. I would post a video of a Buck fight, but can't due to the tablet.

11. A buck is just a male deer lol. ^

And they should be afraid of us seeing as they are so tasty and such