Floaters, phenomena occuring in the eye

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by zach2753, Mar 5, 2012.

1. So these things called Floaters, I have seen them my whole life. I happened to see them most when I was a young child but as of recently they have been coming back a little more intense and frequent than I remember.

Here is a wiki link: Floater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyways I was wondering if anyone else has seen these, because for the longest time I thought I was crazy.

2. I have a couple that i see quite often. I notice them alot more then I'm high. If i glance over at something, they will "sweep" across my vision.

3. anybody get constant headaches? anxiety? blurry vision? diarrhea?

aspartame is a huge cause for vision failure and it starts with blur and then with floaters, lights, and sunlight sensitivity

4. I haven't, I think they're fairly common though. I think you can get em removed too but its probly not worth it.

5. I've had these since I could remember. Sometimes it looks like a squigly line, sometimes dots. You have to focus on them without focusing on them to see them best.

6. Yeah i always thought they were dust.

I can make them move by moving my vision around.

I was bored on my vacation trips to wherever my parents drove us to.

7. It's a disease??? Wtf

8. LOL, yep we're all sick and gonna die:cool:.

Yeah so far most of you guys responses have been consistent with what I experience. I always see them when Im driving, and get worried a really big one is gonna come across and freak me out causing an accident or some shit hahaha.

9. yeah i have a shit load of them I notice on sunny days sometimes....
    noticed them for the first time when I was like 14 or 15 I think....I was helping my dad do some work at a house...
    I always try to forget about them......

10. I've got these too haha. I only see them though when I look for them really. Once in a while one will float around and I'll be like "oh hay man long time no see", but usually I just have to look for them.

11. i have also seen those things
    well if see them when i look up at the blue sky. they kinda look like the shape of a red blood vessel(the dots) sometimes they are clusttered and always different each time. but idk what the squigglies are. im sure they are normal just most people dont really notice

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I7_al4mrfg]Family Guy Eye Floater - YouTube[/ame]

13. I always ignored them because I thought I was weird, but then I saw another Family Guy where Stewie made a poem about the squiggly line in his eye, and was like "oh shit, I have those!"

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOcvmTLTtNE]squiggly line stewie - YouTube[/ame]

15. Ahh optics. You are ever the productive field of study.

16. I have them, the best way to describe it is like a tiny grey gnat in your vision, and when you sweep your eyes, it follows. It's not that much of a hassle, and I don't notice it unless I think about it.

17. I've had em all my life...and i just saw it right now!

18. Yup, mine tend to look like red blood cells (I thought they were for a long time); as little donut-shaped objects up against something like the sky.

19. I hate these LOL. I always have them and when I consciously notice them, I then try to look at them, only to be put in a rigged game where I can never directly see these floaters.

20. I'm pretty sure everyone sees those at times

But yeah I still get those sometimes, its pretty weird lol