Filicide for your deity?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by RippedMonk, May 9, 2013.

1. Abraham had the balls to do it according to the Hebrew Bible but of course Yahweh stopped him just in time. Those theists out there that actually believe in a personal god, would you follow through with filicide if your god commanded it?:eek:

2. I have a feeling most theists, at least those worshipping personal gods, will avoid this question. Hmmm, which do they pick, their child or god?

Edit: Hated to see Ned Stark die. What an awesome fictional character.

3. The sad thing is, ive asked this question IRL and got a few "yes" answers :scared:

4. And the next question should be "do your kids know?"

5. Still being dodged by the theists out there, day 2.

6. I'm not really a "theist" in any typical sense. I don't know what I am...

but assuming there exists a "god" who would so deeply concern himself with human affairs that he must demand one be killed...I would say no.

7. It would really depend on what the payout was for my part of the deal

8. I don't recall many gods making deals with people. The Hebrew god tested Abraham, but didn't offer him anything he wanted in return. I don't remember any gods being very genie like. This of course ignores the fact that you would be willing to kill your kid for anything at all. :(

9. if im killin my kids I'm definitely gettin some kinda marginally large sum of cash

10. Classy. :eek:

11. I would assume the payout is you don't go to hell for making the wrong decision. Why am I not surprised you'd put a price on your child's head.

^ heh. "fuck human rights." -frankenscuzz

12. what, you act like you can only make one kid in your entire life. you know can make a new one every year.. say if god pays me $60k per kid i could basically retire right now just off that

13. notable policies of user frankenscuzz:
    "fuck human rights"
    "i would sell a kid for $60k"

:laughing: this has got to be some kind of satire.

14. shit some people give kids away for free, all I'm asking for is a little compensation

15. This is the same guy who once said:

"Name one thing genocide can't solve."

16. :laughing: i'll have to add that to the list

17. only thing i could think of for justification for killingmy kid would be for the well-being of a ton of other people.. I wouldnt be selfish.. but i dont see myself ever being in that situation

18. #20 A.R.C., May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    yeah, both of 'em told me to my face.

e: but, to be fair, they never put 'god' into the picture, which is why i probably never took 'em seriously.

e2: damn. frankenberry is still here?