Is God real?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by dudeindistress3, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Dude, this website is a load of shit.

2. [quote name='"Ninja20p"']Dude, this website is a load of shit.[/quote]

How's that? I can't figure out how everything would work so perfectly like that without a being greater than ourselves

3. Or enough time for everything to sync up? Billions of years is a long time.

4. [quote name='"Ninja20p"']Or enough time for everything to sync up? Billions of years is a long time.[/quote]

Humans haven't been around for billions of years

5. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDC_NcihiV8]:: Douglas Adams: 42.2: The origin of god (puddle's view) :: - YouTube[/ame]

6. Simplest answer: NO ONE HAS MORE KNOWLEDGE THEN ANY OTHER HUMAN ON THIS SUBJECT...

That being said lets all smoke and debate

7. Short answer: no.
    Long answer: no.

8. [quote name='"Craiggers"']Short answer: no.
    Long answer: no.[/quote]

How you figure

9. you never know until you die blades

10. ಠ_ಠ

Well no shit Sherlock.

11. Ah. Intelligent design. I'll be closing the tab now.

12. #14 MrGers, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
    ok so how would u define god? a great creator? or an omnipresent being?
    As a creator, fine, maybe something set in motion this universe, but what would that mean? who cares if billions of years ago something happened, it has little to no effect on answering the questions of life.
    As some sort of super natural omnipresent being? this is just selfish, easy answer. to actually believe that there is something supernatural on anyones "side" or changing what is pure chance is a way for people to make sense of something they cannot understand. What makes any one "god" any more real than any other? god is purely a delusion of anyone who cannot fathom something they do not understand.
    the fact that we exist is a statistical anomaly that we cannot explain, but that doesn't mean there is a god.

13. Arguing with atheists is like arguing with somebody that thinks they should sell body armor, high cap. mags, and full auto rifles. They use the same argument every single time. "it's an easy way out for something people can't understand"

14. Doesn't anyone get tired of pulling God of the gaps? Retardedness all around.

Much like arguing with a theist is like playing chess with a pigeon.

15. Or maybe you're just not prepared?

16. [quote name='"AshleyRoachClip"'][/quote]

Wtf does that picture have to do with this? But your sig did make me laugh

17. Lol. The article reminded me of the meme.

I feel like there's more compelling arguments in astrology and psychology, then creationism.