Atheism has increased fivefold in United States (1 in 20 Americans)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Bluntzilla420, Aug 15, 2012.

1. American Atheists: 1 in 20 Americans say they are atheists

"The Religion News Service reports that, to go along with the jump, just 60 percent of Americans now identify as religious, down from 73 percent the last time the Global Index of Religiosity and Atheism poll was taken seven years ago. The decline has also been felt in many other countries around the world, including double-digit drops in several European and North American countries."

2. Good to see more people are becoming educated and not being religious just because most other people are.

3. God made it very clear this would happen. Humans would become arrogant and think they are the smartest and dont need any God.
    Shame! God will come and wipe em all out though. Pray guys! Be saved!

4. [quote name='"LSDForPeace"']Good to see more people are becoming educated and not being religious just because most other people are.[/quote]

By this logic if eventually a majority became atheist I would say "hate to see people not believing in God just because nobody else does"

5. #5 Kush Lord, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
    Not a surprise. Kids these days care more about facebook, celebs, "getting bitches", etc. than searching for God. This generation is raised by the media.

6. Irony.

Anyway, this number is going to go up further because they higher it goes and the less atheists feel shunned more will be willing to admit it.

7. The standard for education has also dropped tenfold, so go figure :laughing:

8. this is good to hear!!!:D

9. Still much higher than when religion was invented. So go figure.

10. This is why atheism is growing: religious intolerance. It's either A) be religious or B) pray for your life (pray to be saved). Those are two extremes. People shouldn't have to be fed scare tactics.

11. [quote name='"Bluntzilla420"']

This is why atheism is growing: religious intolerance. It's either A) be religious or B) pray for your life (pray to be saved). Those are two extremes. People shouldn't have to be fed scare tactics.[/quote]

The bible does say Christians will be hated...

12. Maybe one day only children will believe in fairy tales

13. [​IMG]

14. [quote name='"Kush Lord"']Not a surprise. Kids these days care more about facebook, celebs, "getting bitches", etc. than searching for God. This generation is raised by the media.[/quote]

Yea! Getting bitches bro!

15. European countries have the highest athiest populations i'm pretty sure and the highest education ratings

16. #16 Cursed Assassin, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty.For people will love only themselves and their money. They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful. They will consider nothing sacred.
    2 Timothy 3:1-2

17. Dear God,

Put up or shut your followers up.

Thanks in advance.

-Postal T. Blowfish

18. And how incredibly convenient is that? If I wanted to convince people to base their entire lives around a fairy tale, I would say that there would never be any tangible evidence that the story was true, until one moment in the unknown future, at which point you will either be fucked or saved. And just in case people tried to wise up, I would say "Nope, I knew this would happen. Believe without seeing. Fuck da haters."

19. You're forgetting the part where somehow the story will be questioned (if I'm the inventor I know this because I've invented it and eventually someone is gonna figure that out). So you say when lots of people doubt this story and people really get sick of hearing it and even sometimes hate the people who repost it everywhere, the end is coming! Don't worry, soon all those assholes are going to be deep frying and you're gonna be kickin' it with the king!

20. Lincoln was actually a deist... lol What a reliable uncited meme. :smoke: