The Official Science vs. Religion Thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by flapflip, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2011
    The last couple weeks I've seen GC flooded with threads that start out peaceful and see people having real, intelligent discussions, and sometimes just watch it turn to blades bashing eachother.

I made this thread as a go to place for all of you who want to go at it and have real, peaceful discussions. Some of you might already know my views, but for you that don't, I'm a Catholic and I firmly believe in the church. If you have any arguement against Creationism or anything relating to religion, go ahead and make it known. If you are against Atheism or any science/theories, let your opinion be known. If you have personal experiences relating to either, LET THEM BE KNOWN!

I respectfully ask that this not be moved, I placed it in Real Life Stories because I hope people can place their personal accounts of things that relate to religion or science, such as having their personal rights infringed upon, or people restricting them from practicing what they believe.

I really hope this helps cut back on the number of threads relating to this.

I believe Atheism restricts the rights of people by not letting them practice what they want to believe and trying to make everyone equals. This is not the way to treat people who follow any faith. Religion has brought us so far and Atheism is holding us back and stopping us from reaching our full potential.

Go! :smoke:

2. Can a mod delete this thread? Dude you're only trying to start shit between religious n non religious people.

3. #3 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Im not, I opened a thread to group together the countless threads being made on the subject and provide a place for people to openly discuss their opinions and share their stories.

4. Shouldn't this be in the Spirituality and Philosophy section?

5. #5 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    I placed it here for a reason, please read the original post

6. Flapflip do you believe everything in the Bible or do you pick and choose?

7. science is fiction religion is not im goin to heaven baby

8. religion gives people faith, whether that be misplaced or not, its a good thing.

science gives people facts, whether they be what people want to hear or not, its a good thing.

i dont care about either, im not religious or a scientist.

9. #9 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    I try to stick to what the Bible says, but there's some things I can't agree with. Like saying that homosexuality is a sin. I have no problem with it and don't believe it hurts anyone. Everyone can interpret the Bible how they choose, just like in different religions people pick, choose, and twist words until it says what they want it to say.

10. #10 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    So what do you believe in? If your okay with talking about it, no pressure man =)

11. I believe in the Bible and God 100%. i go to a southern Baptist church btw

12. right and wrong, good and bad and morals are what i believe in. Not much more i can add tbh

13. #13 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    I went to one of those once for the experience, it was like 4 hours of just a bright, happy, music and singing filled environment. I prefer the comfort of my own church, but it was a different, fun, and enlightening experience. The preacher was funny as hell too, it was awesome.

14. #14 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    Morals are a good thing to have, its something us as a society are lacking these days.

15. Sorry should have been more specific. I meant like Noah's Ark, and do you believe in evolution?

16. #16 Sweetleaftoker, Sep 6, 2011
    Lol yea that's pretty spot on. I love our preacher he is HILARIOUS but doesnt sugar coat anything and is legit. Ive known him all my life very well (mom is the church secretary) and is a wonderful man of God.

17. #17 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    I believe all of the in the Bibles storys, I just choose not to accept some of their teachings. I take them as the word of God. I believe in Creationism and fail to see the logic behind evolution.

Any other questions?

18. #18 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    It was really fun =) I'm open to new ideas too, I've attended temple and visited a monastery in france, I've yet to sit through any services at a mosque. Its gonna be the next thing I try I think. Im a diehard Roman Catholic, but it doesn't mean I can't culture myself.

19. You don't even agree with micro-evolution?

20. #20 flapflip, Sep 6, 2011
    I suppose small changes over time are expected in some things, but I just don't believe that we evolved from something else in the sense that your thinking of. I think science is capable of proving certain things though. I believe in the power of prayer more than the power of a guy in a lab coat who thinks he can play make-believe God. I think God controlls all aspects of what you would call "science."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.