how to silence a cricket.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PassTheGrass, Aug 13, 2010.

1. my room is in the basement and the window in my room goes out into a window well right? there is this cricket right outside my window, and it must have hopped down there. its chirping a shit ton and annoying the fuck out of me. i could take the screen off my window, but there are rocks on the bottom of the window well and its probably under some rocks and will be able to get away from me and start fucking chirping again. how the hell can i get this thing to die without touching it or make it stop? i was just enjoying a nice vape bowl and its a real fucking buzzkill. i have a knife and a gun too, but that might be a little overkill for killing crickets.:p

2. go outside with a flashlight and stomp that fucker out

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. 1 word.. RAID!!!!!!!!!!

4. open your window fill the well with gas, close widow before lighting anything lol or you could use motor oil, maybe bleach raid if you have it im not sure but i know gas melts things like ants and shit could work and oil is so thick it will trap them in toxins till death and i could see it trying to escape more then make mating noises lol just an idea

5. that sounds like a terrible idea. i mean something that doesnt involve blowing up my window well.

6. Aerosol and a fucking lighter, I know you have one. :devious: torch that bitch, but before you do you have to say " Flame On!".

7. that literaly happened to me a few seconds ago
    i have those bugs that all make a noise together every 3 seconds and i was so fucking annoyed...just put on headphones smoke than go upstairs.

8. Reminds me of this situation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z08zZ1xW9Yw]YouTube - cheech and chong - the cockroach[/ame]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Did that ***** just smoke the cockaroach!?!?!?!?!

10. THINK LIKE BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY, MAN.

Crickets chirp based on the temperature. A cricket will chirp more often if it's 80F vs. 70F. So, make your room cold enough and he'll either a) freeze to death or b) not warm enough to chirp.

CHICKA WHAT

• Like Like x 1
  11. have you tried asking it nicely? jeeze people are so fast to kill kill kill!

just kidding, fuck his shit up! :bongin:

12. I say forget being nice, smash the bug.

13. I had a cricket in my living room...and I could hear it from my room on the top floor. I tried to move it outside without killing it but I accidentally squashed it :p

fuckin annoying as shit tho, I could hear it like it was 5 feet in front of me:mad:

14. Eat it, I heard bugs are high in nutrients.

15. i know it's too late now, but you should've just 'ignored' the bug and spark up a bowl. just make sure that smoke gets out into your window well, you wouldn't want it stinking up the place would you ;)

16. I know how to silence a cricket.

Wait til the morning.

17. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REVl4skqqUg"]YouTube - Stomp Em In The Nuts[/ame]

18. Rubbing alcohol. Preferably the high grade stuff. Its my favorite insecticide. Dont use on plants or around electrical devices. Toxic residue and fumes won't last long. It evaporates quickly. Thats why I use it. I dont like the idea of poison that lingers.BTW, dont light it up....lol

19. I just had a cricket drving me crazy, googled how to quiet a cricket, and came across this grasscity forum. It was between my chimney and protector in ceiling. I finally got the spray bottle full of alcohol at the right angle to kill it. Im just an ex toker& exgrower trying to help all that google the subject in the future.

20. I dont smoke m.j. anymore... its illegal..... therefore its dangerous..... its amazing how many things I google, with no relation to any drugs, yet grasscity keeps popping up with answers. Thats why I owed it to grasscity to post on it..btw no chirping sounds now..lol. high grade rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle fixed that.