what do you dislike about yourself?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by zoglima, Jul 15, 2010.

1. My mild acne. People say they only notice it when I bring it up, but it still annoys the shit out of me.

Addiction to nicotine.

Depression/anxiety

I look like i'm fucking 12 l0l

2. alot of stuff...

3. my venomous rants

4. - The fact I'm about 20lbs overweight. Sorting this as we speak... diet and gym sessions ftw!

- How blind I am. Nearly -10 prescription... the lenses in my glasses cost 4 times as much as the frames. Up until 3 years ago they didn't even make the contact lenses I wear in the prescription I need.

- My teeth. Never really got them sorted when I was younger, a brace wouldn't have done anything and I would've needed reconstructive jaw surgery (which still might not have worked). They're not that bad, just a bit wonky, hurts me confidence.

- How un-built I am for my size. Tryin to put on some muscle coz my 6' frame can definitely support more.

5. - Cigarette Addiction
    - Overly Opinionated
    -Dry sense of humor that seems to make me comment sarcastically on just about anything I don't see eye to eye with. I do it so much that I literally think to myself sometimes. "Man, I'm a real asshole." despite my realization of this I can't stop it keeps coming...like word vomit or something.

6. the fact im single but its hard. most of these girls are so empty headed from watching MTV their whole lives.

7. my cock is too huge.

8. The bolded part, definitely. I think I scared away lots of girls and many potential friends cause I'm just a snarky fuck.

also:

-Rage issues. Most of the time I'm the calmest dude you'll ever meet, things bug me but the irritability fades fast, and most people don't even notice when I'm annoyed. Then someone does something or says something and I fly off the handle. People get honestly scared when this happens, probably because I'm usually calm.

-Lazy about shit that doesn't interest me. I only do the things I don't want to do when it's absolutely necessary, which is usually at the last minute. I always get them in order but even when I know I should be doing something, I go do something else (something unproductive). It's like I can only perform well under pressure.

9. women. i fall for the damsel in distress too often and always end up the friend. any woman ive ever started to have something with always turned out to be a whore/lead me on. still a v and i refuse to fuck a drunken slampig (hot as she might be) just cause my friends think i should.

i think this threads got a major flaw tho. i vote we add our top 3 fav things about ourselves as well. anyone else htink this..?

10. #50 Funk-D, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010

Dude, I'm exactly like that the only reason I even got into school was because of bass which is you know about the only thing I'm not lazy about. I love this site you always find kinship with people...especially when you think that you're the only person that does something, or the only person that thinks the way you do...it's crazy.

Also, add girls to the list for me too , I'm as asshole when it comes to girls I'm the asshole that girls pick over the nice guy. Then end up regretting it because I get bored....I never go into a relationship thinking it's going to last...it's always like it's going to end eventually it's just a matter of time.

Most of the time it ends because like I said I get bored...I never get "heart broken" either even when the girl does something like cheat on me. When that happens all I think is. "Oh, well she's a whore time to move on." My optimistic friends say it's because I just haven't met the right girl. My cynical friends say I just probably have no soul. I really don't care.

Which ironically is another thing I don't like about myself I don't care about anything it's just like whatever..."I just don't give a fuck" It's disheartening really.

11. oh yea. my teeth. there all fucked up, I don't even want to get into that. i'm trying to get insurance at the moment. i'm nervous about how much work i'm going to need to get done.

12. pain killas

13. I'm a bit self concious, and shy. But then again, who isn't?

14. I'm the same, my parents never have had alot of money and we never had insurance, now that I'm older I plan on saving up and getting them fixed myself.

15. i think the way i speak in person is WAY to business oriented. i say things like "please sit" or "do tell".lol i can be a total asshole when im with my friends but the second i meet a girl i like i cant help but be super nice and courteous.

16. I feel that I lack confidence in certain areas in life and I feel like life would be way better if I didn't.

17. Hey man, no need to be a dick. I'm just saying it would be nice to smoke one bowl without becoming overly ripped.

18. I used to quite often find conversation between new people I haven't met fully yet, possibly don't share interests with me, etc. to be quite uneventful. I will usually later realize I really wanted to meet and connect with said people, so next chance I get I attempt to get into a conversation. Then, when I do, I often can't find any actually interesting things to discuss or find myself not paying attention to the person, or being too attentive in attempt to not be. Then I will attempt to correct my mistakes, furthering the problem by delving deeper and deeper into mental termoil.

I have tried to solve this by simply not attempting to think about conversation at all, and depending on how each person speaks/interacts adjust myself to better communicate with them (don't go off talking about weed or something if it's not someone who is supportive of it, don't be so inattentive when someone who needs a little more interaction is talking to you, etc.) This has worked somewhat well to improve the quality of relationships, but it's kind of odd this much thought goes into it..

I also find it hard to communicate my thoughts/intelligence/exact opinion in real life, especially while stoned. I'll often use the wrong words, have several thoughts at once and say one of the least significant ones on accident, etc. As far as thinking goes I'm one of the most in tune of everyone I know, especially while stoned/tripping but I am not as much of an interaction person.

I have pretty bad vision and dislike not being able to naturally see things in beauty and quality without contact lenses/glasses. Waking, I rarely go about without contacts on. When I take them off I feel like all of my senses are dulled and almost like a mole. I usually do not like to be up for long without them on and go to bed right after.

I dislike or simply do not find interest in a large portion of the population. There are so, so many mindless individuals that it is a treat whenever I find someone actually of worthy intellectual depth that actually shares interests as I (smoking, drawing, playing music, etc.) Most Americans simply listen to their television/pop culture phenomena as if it is some god that tells them how to live, what style is "cool now", what is the "new attitude", what movies are "approved", what music is worthy, and most of it is fucking garbage. I find myself connecting to the Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds", especially "I Just Wasnt Made For These Times" in an almost pre-conscious manner, as if that music has always reflected me. Brian Wilson as an artist and lyricist brings me so much comfort and insight into my attitude/manner of living, on and off mushrooms I have found that album to be spectacularly soothing and renewing to my mental state.

19. Baby fat can be cute though.

20. I would stop worrying so much. I know its harder than just saying that but if its not coming off then I would just be happy about it. Guys usually dont like girls that are too skinny anyway. Just be glad with what you got.