The Choking Game...really?!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MyBuddyJebus, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was watching a show yesterday called The Dr. Oz Show and they were talking about a new way teens are getting high called "the choking game." Apparently it is getting high through blocking blood and oxygen to the brain by choking yourself with your hands, belts, ties etc.

The statistic they spouted said that around 100 kids have died from this since 1999. I've noticed a big increase in over reacting to things like this so I was wondering how many of you have even heard of this before? Because I sure haven't and I figured GC was the perfect crowd to ask. I was curious if this is as big a thing as they were making it out to be :rolleyes:

2. yeah that shit its fucked up we did it to my 1 friend and when he passed out we left him as a joke so he thought we left him.... great shit

3. I've heard of it from a TV show similair to the one you watched. Clearly this is a safer, and healthier alternative to smoking weed. Anyways, if they want to choke themselves for fun, who cares?

4. yeah, I remember when this shit first popped up on the news, started by people seeing who can stay up the longest in a rear naked choke/sleeper hold, kinda shit.

stupid kids

5. Why would anyone want to do this one???

6. If you do it... you're retarded... I used to do it to guys in the Marines before I knew better... we'd all knock each other out, taking turns watching and laughing as our friend convulsed on the floor from lack of oxygen... then he'd get up like nothing happened... funny then, really fucking stupid now that I look back on it. We could have killed our friends...

7. It's not getting high, it's starving your brain of oxygen. Don't bother.

8. Too bad that shit aint considered fun around here.. there would be a lot less lawsuits.

9. Yeah. It was popular down here way back ago. Cheap high.

10. lol. wow. yea i heard about it back in elementary school. they used to do it back then too.. i always thought it was stupid as shit as i puffed on my blunt.

its oxygen deprevation. there was a guy in a thread recently who got knocked out from it. and he spilled his bong.

11. Shit, i'm gonna have to stop smoking weed. Not only will i get a great high whenever and wherever i want, it will also be free. man is this a great day

12. If "100 people" have died from the choking game then they deserved to die...

13. yeah, back in the day it was the passout game. it lasted about a week and it got old.

14. good luck making that illegal. Legalizing a SAFE high MJ would be easier.

15. Ive heard of it...in MMA they usually call it a fight ending submission

16. Haha nobody has seen "World's Greatest Dad" with Robin Williams? (it's actually decent)

The kid is doing some autoerotic-asphyxiation and dies, then his dad covers it up.

17. This is for people who are to poor to buy drugs.

18. Yeah, holy crap this is going back a ways. Around 20 years back to be exact. You're right, it got old quick and we should probably be thankful for that.

19. Yes i watched that high as fuck on netflix, it freaked me out lol but at least it had a good ending

20. It's not new thats for sure..I tried it when I was in 6th grade..now I look back and say "what an idiot"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.