Best Buy Drug Test

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DeglazeThatPan, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Anyone ever been employed at best buy?

They drug test before you are accepted....I have at LEAST 3 days...because i know you have 3 interviews before you are hired....supervisor is calling me tomorrow to set the first one up.

Last time I smoked was friday...I know the whole drink water thing etc. But is there ANYTHING else i can do...I need this job so bad..I didnt think they would actually call me...haha.

Anyone know the specifics of the drug test they use? I know you have to go to like this weird little doctor place...and they dont search you or anything...you can't flush the toilet, they hand you a cup...you have to pee 60 ml (2 oz)

Thanks for ANY info guys...

oh and P.S. I know how to use the search tool. This isn't just about the whole drug test..I'm asking specifically about Best Buy.

2. I worked seasonal at BB a couple years ago, and btw I only had one interview.
    They outsource for the drug test, so it will vary depending on where you are sent, but I had to go in a bathroom alone, piss, and not flush. Should be similar for you.

I was completely paranoid after I took it because I knew I smoked the week before, but this was when didn't smoke on the reg. So thankful I passed because I had the job unless I failed, and my parents knew that as well...

Best part of working at Best Buy: EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT

3. well i dunno how that all works but my computer put me at this screen... so i figured i had a logical and deep thing to say... but i think i forgot it or it never came in the first place... i cant see straight... i feel good right now... sorry about not helping:(

4. do you guys know if they test after you're hired, like randomly? i would like to quit my job at dunkin donuts to try for best buy lol, cuz i can only work at places where all the words in the name start with the same letter. im also considering bed, bath, and beyond (kidding)

5. Yeah I was curious about them testing after you are hired also....but I think a good week and a half of detox should be enough time to pass...hopefully.. :/

I hear the employee discount is like...5% off BEFORE mark up price? Is that correct? because it would be awesome.

6. Ive had experiences with BB drug tests, depending on where you live, you will have to go to some lab...I went to one, you're in a bathroom alone, they really dont pat you down either. I was seasonal and didnt think they were going to re-drug test me, but I had to re-apply for the job, so I had to go through the whole process.

I substituted, because I was smoking fairly regularly not thinking I needed to get another drug test.

I ended up waiting so long to do my drug test that my samples cooled down..I freaked out..when i was in the bathroom, poured it into the cup, and rubbed the temp strip till it registered something....and I got my job back lol. if you're part/fulltime they wont drug test you unless they have a reason to, as well if you get injured while working they will drugtest you

7. lol thats so u cant sue them if they find anything. thats pretty lame

8. DO they drug test first interview or what? Cus I need to know when I should have my replacement..

9. Taco Bell. Damn, sorry dudei thought thatd be a tight job

10. Idk about the first but you will for sure be tested before you start workin there and possily tested randomly while workin there

11. I have an interview today at 5.
    I just smoked last night, and I am wondering if they drug test you the same day? or do I have 24 hours to complete a drug test?

12. Hey blade, I work at BB so here's wassup

They will not spring a random drug test on you to start, they ask you to go to a lab. You have something like 24-48 hours to go so its plenty of time to prepair. At my local headshop they carry synthetic piss which will test for everything clean piss tests for. Put that in your belt loop to keep it body temp and your golden (pun intended). I've been a heavy smoker for years now and don't plan on quitting for a retail job lol.

Its cool though most employees at my store are stoners but no one would ever guess, we are as friendly and 'normal' as best buy wants us to be, high or not. Its a great company and if you move up there is potential to make it a living. Just don't find yourself stuck on the sales floor, try to move up.

And the discount WAS 5% above cost until they just changed it to 5% above cost, up to 50% off. Example, the 50$ hdmi cords, I would get for under 5$ after tax. Now I get that same cord for 25. Bullshit

Sorry for rambling but I hope I helped.. best buy is a fun company to work for, good luck with the interview!

13. Fuck drug test it's bullshit I wanna make them illegal

14. Go to a 7/11 and buy the drink that flushes your system. Its called Detox my brother had to get a drug test after getting injured on the job and he smoked 2 days before it, and drank a piss load of water, followed by the Detox then after you drink the detox fill it up with water and drink that.

It comes with instructions you'll be fine

15. i failed my BB test i told the doctor i called about it i smoked a few months ago and i was told it gets released in fat cells and that id been losing weight. Truth is i took a Vale 5 hour clean pill and it didnt work i did wat it said to do. If i tell the recruiter what i told the doctor do i have a right to a re-test? I want this job really bad and i want to save it or am i screwed?:mad::(