Nutmeg (myristicin, elemicin)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Robo420, Jul 24, 2008.

1. I honestly didn't believe that this would ever have any effect on me but I am currently BALL TRIPPIN on nutmeg. I took three tablespoons of the fresh ground stuff all at one time. This was at about 4 p.m. It is now 12:30 a.m. where I am. I also should note that I didn't mix the nutmeg into any drink or food, either. I scooped it all onto a ladle and munched it down. I immediately took a drink of orange juice, which did wonders for helping get the meg down, but jesus f****** christ. That was probably the nastiest thing I've ever tasted. I'm not sure how many grams of nutmeg are in three tablespoons.
    About 6 hours after ingestion I started to notice the effects. It was interesting.
    For me, it's less hallucinogenic than mescaline, but more than high quality pot. Not to say that pot is a strong hallucinogen.
    The trip so far has been LSD like, and I'm actually not sure how long the trip will last, I've heard as long as 24 hours, with lingering effects up to 72. I'm not sure if this is true, but I've read in various places that myristicin (which is one of the main psychoactive ingredients in nutmeg, along with elemicin) is chemically related to MDMA, or MMDA. (I've never been sure what the real difference has been between all the variations of ecstasy; MDMA or MDA or MMDA or MDE or MMXA R2D2 C3PO or whatever letter combination.
    Wow, I am flying.
    Uh, I mean this has had a surprisingly strong effect on me.
    I'd say the high is somewhere between pot and ecstasy. Having done E only once, I'd say it's closer to pot. Having smoked the delicious herb a number of times, I'd say it's closer to ecstasy. Heh heh heh. However, it seems my imagination has its own mind. I mean, I can control my body, but it seems another force is giving me my ideas rather than me creating my own thoughts. It's very bizzare. Euphoria is mixed somewhere in there too. I would definately say that this is a "good high," which is another pleasant surprise because almost everything I read says it is common for nutmeg to give flu-like symptoms, including headaches and nausea. Fortunately I've had to suffer through neither, at least not yet. I only took it 9 hours ago.
    So far I've tripped out to "IN A GADDA DA VIDA", "White Rabbit," and John Coltrane's version of "My Favorite Things". It has been very psychedelic.
    I hope that this has been written well enough for everyone to comprehend what I'm saying, but I can't guarantee anything because I happen to be tripping very very hard at this precise moment.

2. haha sweet dude.. have fun! ill eventually try that one day.

3. Not quite sure how much I used the one time I tried it, but if it's anything like my experience, you're not going to like it when you wake up.

4. Was it fresh or old nutmeg?

That does make a difference

5. I've always wanted to try nutmeg but I've heard its very dangerous. Something about it being very easy to overdose I think?

6. ^^
    yeah fresh nutmeg is better

^
    you can overdose on nutmeg but just look up doses

when i tried nutmeg i ate so fucking much and didn't feel shit, probably because it was old

7. I have an Oct. 2005 issue of Heads mag that has an article on nutmeg. I have wanted to try it after reading that article and have yet to do it. Mainly because of waiting so long for the effects and also because of potential OD'ing. I'm still curious about it. Did you just get a can of ground nutmeg from the store or what?

8. Yeah, it is easy to overdose, I made sure not to eat too much. And I used whole nutmegs, which I ground myself. Pre-ground nutmeg is never as potent.