My friend is trying to kill herself what do I do Im confused

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dr.Chronic_, Nov 13, 2013.

1. #21 Silent_Cynic, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    Talk to her, knowing that someone cares about her will help more than you think. If she actually tries to kill herself with the unmentionable you mentioned, get her some help and tell her parents. Also keep in mind that it will be a bit difficult for her to actually do so with said unmentionable unless she has a lot of it.

2. DO NOT call the police unless it is absolutely dire. If you are a true friend just talk. I'm also still confused by the motive. Sounding pretty immature.

Not ignorant. I just don't have a heart.

4. I'm sorry to be insincere, but I know that drug very very well.. and its unlikely she will die from taking too much of it. If she does, she will have to take a lot, and will be in pain for a long time before dying. OD'ing isn't fun.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Wrong, just because you don't succeed in killing yourself doesn't make you an attention seeker. If she was an attention seeker, she wouldn't commit suicide, she would say she will and fake it. I know those kind of people, and I've tried killing myself once. I took a shit load of pills and drank a bunch of alcohol in an attempt to kill myself. All I did was OD and get sick for weeks. It was never for attention, and I know of people that have died from much smaller amounts of the combination of drugs that I took. And no one in my personal life knows about it. So I'm neither an idiot, or an attention seeking bitch. I just wanted to end my life because I thought I was worthless and didn't have anything worth living for. Now I know that what I tried to do was wrong, and that it wouldnt have been fair to those around me if I had succeeded in killing myself.

But I do believe this girl is seeking attention if she was going to end her life over a nude pic she sent to ONE person.... id find a new girl OP. She sounds like trouble. And believe me, I dated a girl like this once, it only causes you emotional pain and takes up your time you could be spending doing other more productive things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. get her help, that's what you do.

I didn't say that they must be an attention seeker if they fail at killing themself. I also said that they could be dumb, or too scared. It's not hard to die.... I've seen this a trillion times. People have different tolerances, so taking a lot of pills or whatever is a stupid method... I've seen at least a hundred people kill themself.. and I don't have sympathy for it anymore. There's a lot of people on this planet... One ant killing itself doesn't really hurt the colony much. People are too sensitive and weak these days imo.

8. Your self-proclaimed "heartless" implications scream of so much negativity, why spread such bad vibes? Your arguments here are pretty selfish. To quote Thumper's mama, "if you ain't got something nice to say, don't say shit." I'm paraphrasing.

You're right: one ant doesn't collapse a colony and life does go on, but it often causes needless pain and suffering for people. "Too sensitive and weak" is an inconsiderate judgement.

I can only speak for myself, but I know countless others who would echo these sentiments. My fool-proof method of offing myself at 15 obviously wasn't so fool-proof, but the attempt had nothing to do with fear, attention, or stupidity (maybe a little absent-mindedness, but I had other things on my mind at the time).

Good vibes, man. Keep 'em flowin'.

9. #29 Buffalo11024, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
    Stay with her. keep her talking, talk about her plan and why she feels the way she does. seeing that someone gives a fuck is all it takes sometimes. Then take her to seek help. You'd be surprised at what an empathetic ear can do.