Best rapper? Your opinion

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by justice17, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Eyedea for sure. Got R. EyE. P scarred on my leg after I tried doing a self tattoo of it. No regrets though.

2. Hit me with some Biggie lines. I guess I must have missed all the good ones.

3. You shouldn't call yourself a hip-hop fan if you need proof biggie is raw

4. I love this part, matter of fact check out the whole song because its ill.

"I made the change from a common thief
    To up close and personal with Robin Leach
    And I'm far from cheap, I smoke skunk with my peeps all day
    Spread love, it's the Brooklyn way
    T he Moet and Alize keep me pissy
    Girls used to diss me
    Now they write letters 'cause they miss me
    I never thought it could happen, this rappin' stuff
    I was too used to packin' gats and stuff
    Now honies play me close like butter played toast
    From the Mississippi down to the east coast
    Condos in Queens, indo for weeks
    Sold out seats to hear Biggie Smalls speak
    Livin' life without fear
    Puttin' 5 karats in my baby girl's ears
    Lunches, brunches, interviews by the pool
    Considered a fool 'cause I dropped out of high school
    Stereotypes of a black male misunderstood...."

And I don't remember where I heard it, I think it was an interview with Diddy, but he went into the studio without even writing that shit down, now tell me who else can freestyle like the B.I.G.

Also notorious thugs, biggie just went in. Pure gold.

Also a few other verses that were dope.

"Niggaz is mad I get more butts than ashtrays
    I see the gimmicks, the wack lyrics / That shit is depressing, pathetic, please forget it / Mad cause my style you admiring / Don't be mad UPS is hiring"

“I got techniques drippin out my butt cheeks/ sleep on my stomach so I don't fuck up my sheets”

”I grant you three wishes
    Cause I be the genie
    Niggas is ass out like fat bitches in bikini”

"I grew up a fuckin screwup
    Got introduced to the game, got a ounce and fuckin blew up. Choppin rocks over night, this nigga biggie smalls tryin to turn into the black frank white”

“MCs used to be on some buddy shit / Now they on some money shit / Successful out the blue.." (I love how he dissed rappers without ever mentioning their names)

"Who shot ya? / Seperate the weak from the ob solete /Hard to creep them Brooklyn streets / It's on nigga, fuck all that bickering beef / I can hear sweat trickling down your cheek / Your heartbeat sound like Sasquatch feet / Thundering, shaking the concrete"

"Rhyme a few bars so I can buy a few cars / Then I kick a few flows so I can pimp a few hoes / Excellence is my presence never tense / Never hesitant leave a nigga bent real quick / Real sick, brawl nights, I perform like Mike / Anyone – Tyson, Jordan, Jackson / Action, pack guns, ridiculous / And I am quick to bust if my ends you touch"

" I got 7 Mac-11′s / About eight 38s / Nine 9s, 10 Mac Tens / The shit never ends / You can't touch my riches / Even if you had MC Hammer and them 357 bitches"

I can go on for days,

The things with biggie is that he didnt write shit down, he just spit his rhymes, and that just adds to his greatness.

No doubt at all, no rapper, past or present, can compare with his flow.

5. Mac miller .. Chris Webby...uh gucci
    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Fuck yeah baby. Webb all the way

7. HAHA rap is for the uncultured, unintelligent masses that believe they don't have to be accountable for their actions and can do whatever they want and get away with it? you know, i.e., the downfall of our respectable culture and values. 

Question this? Find your answer in 98.5% of any mainstream rap song available.

8. Vordul Mega of Cannibal Ox. He describes life how he sees it from a day to day perspective, keeping it as real as real can get. I have nothing but respect for that. Long live Independent Hip Hop!!! :smoke:

9. Key word there is mainstream.

Rap to me is a form of expression. I can relate with it a lot. Shot they talk about is shit I have been through. There is no other kind if music that relates to me at the level that rap does.

And let me just say, that rappers are not unintelligent. Why do I feel like you only heard crappers like lil wayne and generalized all of rap?
    Tupac was intelligent, listen to his interviews. He had a very unique and revolutionary mindset. And biggie was smarter than he was given credit for, despite getting kicked out of high school. Not all intelligence comes from books. Some of the smartest people in history have never went to School and some of the dumbest people in history went through alot of school.

10. [quote name="steadythought" post="18567623" timestamp="1377327676"]HAHA rap is for the uncultured, unintelligent masses that believe they don't have to be accountable for their actions and can do whatever they want and get away with it? you know, i.e., the downfall of our respectable culture and values.

Question this? Find your answer in 98.5% of any mainstream rap song ]

How dpes conscious rap work out with that? Dont be mad the masses want the world to implode.

11.  Don Cartagena 

12. Zro! Houston, TX baby

13. #354 chux, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    Honestly its gotta be Eminem. No disrespect to Pac, Biggie, or any one else but no one can match him except for Earl Sweatshirt in my opinion. Earls first album titled "EARL" was fucking amazing. Ridiculous word play and metaphors, and he was only 16 at the time.His new album "Doris" is okay but all the shitty features kinda killed it for me.

14. #355 xcvoooxcvoo, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
    Lil' Wayne

15. I saw Big Boi was answering questions on reddit earlier, so I looked up his solo work, and it's pretty damn good. A hell of a lot better than most rap that has been coming out in the last few years. I always liked Andre 3000 better on most outkast songs, but now I've got to say they were both incredible.

16. As of right now, I'd have to say Rittz. His new album gives me hope. Not only for the game but also for my own life. He spits some real shit.

17. Ab Soul

Kanye

Kdot

Chance the rapper (best new rapper)

Sent from my SGH-T999

18. Tech nine LOL srry but naaaaaah

Sent from my SGH-T999

19. Lil Wyte
    Three 6 Mafia
    Lord Infamous
    only ones i can think of
    I used to listen to a lot more Rap though.