my best friend was recently murdered over weed.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by guns420rose, Feb 20, 2012.

1. #1 guns420rose, Feb 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2012
    Heres the lowdown:
    A couple of weeks ago, Brett, one of my closest friends, was shot dead in his own home. He was 16 years old, and most of our high school knew that he was a pothead. 3 people came to his house with the intent to rob him of his marijuana, and then to run to a parked getaway car nearby. When Brett resisted, one of the 3 robbers pulled out a handgun, and shot Brett in the chest. Brett died shortly after being shot. The 3 suspects were arrested 2 days later....
    2 of them went to the same high school as Brett and I.

Once the local news station got a hold of the fact that marijuana was involved in this murder, things changed. When the news channel posted details of the arrests on its Facebook page, the negative comments came fast and furious. Somebody stated, “Dumb a** kid got what he deserved! Didn’t he ever hear that drugs kill?” If the profile picture is accurate, the man who said this is probably in his 60s; certainly old enough to show a little more maturity and restraint. Brett can’t hear your smug little quip old man. Only his family and friends left trying to restore their shattered lives can. But thanks for the helpful input..

Over the next few days, many people, including teachers at my high school, tried to tell me that because "drugs" were involved, that Brett was as much at blame as the murderers were.
    I was appalled when i heard this.

The fact that marijuana was involved DOES NOT shift the blame from the killer to the victim.
    In the end, we are all held accountable for our own actions, but insinuating that Brett should be held responsible for what happened to him simply because marijuana was present is analogous to suggesting that a woman who wears a tight “sexy” outfit shares responsibility if she becomes a victim of sexual assault.
    I never thought i would lose a friend to something as stupid as this.
    What the fuck is this world coming too? WHO THE HELL KILLS SOMEBODY OVER WEED?

R.I.P Brett, you were one of the most genuinely caring people i have ever met, and i will never forget you.
    This ones for you. :bongin:

2. Damn. Im sorry for your loss but...who the fuck would murder someone over weed? If I murdered someone, i wouldnt even be able to enjoy getting high.

Keep your head high bro.

3. Holy fuck man that's terrible...

One more innocent victim of the civil drug war nightmare we are all living in.

RIP to your friend man, it's depressing knowing someone so young was killed over something so peaceful and harmless. :( Next joint is for him.

4. RIP Brett

I'm blowing up a bag for you. And I hope the afterlife is filled with peace and love and ganja.

5. RIP to your friend homie. This just goes to show if someone is pointing a gun at you, dont fucking resist!

6. RIP Brett

Keep ya head up man. This beer is for brett. This blunt is for you.

Hit me up if you need to vent homey

7. Wow this is really sad. Scary too. Was he a dealer?

I'm sorry for your loss bro. :(

8. Rest in paradise brett

9. very sad story....

even sadder how people can justify it...

10. Ya this is why I'm racist

11. Reason 401 weed should be legal.

How often do people get shot for a keg of beer.

12. I'm sorry to hear that. What a waste of life for no reason. RIP

13. Lol smartest comment i've read all week

14. Why would you blame all blacks for what only some of them do?

A greater percentage of whites commit crimes than Asians. Does that mean Asians should hate all white people?

15. I have black friends but they are just regular black people. These blacks happen to be nigs for what they did. Big, big difference between a regular afro american and a nig.

16. What do you call cruel white people? Cracks?

17. I'm not smoking until tomorrow, but when I do match up, it will be for him.

18. Unbelievable. And this happened close to home. Hope that idiot gets what he deserves - RIP Brett