Anwar al-Awlaki killed: Yemeni officials

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Arnack, Sep 30, 2011.

1. U.S.-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed: Yemeni officials - CNN.com

how do you see the future, if any, of al Qaeda's presence in the Middle East?

2. always existing so long as it's cause is still there

3. There will be another Goldstein along shortly :rolleyes:

4. I bet he had steak and mashed potatoes

5. Al Qaeda will always be an issue as long as the US wants them to be..

6. Exactly Aw.

More than 80% of the middle east are against al qaeda, while more than 90% of the world are also against them, why are they still active?

7. i do not think al qaeda will last forever. 10 more years maybe. before they bring in the next threat. Combatting terrorism will shift to domestic terrorists. the next threat being more rogue nations like iraq.

8. Theres also a lot of articles with Paul saying that it shouldnt have been done because it goes above the rule of law.

I 100% agree. What if the protesters in New York do something crazy and then Obama releases a statement of being able to kill any potential threats? He basically did it when taking the life of somebody that nobody knew if he took anybody elses life.
    It doesnt matter if he was in the Al Qaeda he should have still been put to trial because its the law.

When the president starts making new rules like this without any repercussions he has gone too far. What if one day the people against Big Brother were assassinated for not adhering to The Party?

It basically already is happening. If youre against us, youre dead.

9. Obama just assassinated two Americans for "inspiring" attacks on the US, and the people are cheering.

We are so fucked.

10. Everyday we slip further back into time to the date of April 4, 1984.

11. I do not support illegal murder such as the way the US is conducting itself, however, that American-turned-muslim-radical guy is an idiot. If he went and became an orthodox Jewish nutter I would say the same thing. It is simply an idiotic way of trying to make the world a better place.

I find the murder of Troy Davis far scarier than the murder of this guy.

12. Didn't this already happen two years ago?

13. I too think all idiots should be put down on foreign soil, so their idiot blood doesnt stain our ground.

14. Derp....

15. ik im just messin man, no hatin:smoke:

16. haha good. those IP threads man, put me on the offensive, gotta kick back and toke some.

17. oh totally man, they get way to intense. it is an intense situation though,