Environmental regulations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dubaba, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Im just wondering why people are against environmental regulations. Nature is something that no one should own, but I know none of you are gunna agree with me on that. So even if people do have "private property", libertarians believe that you should beable to do what you want with "your property". When it comes to things like mountain top strip mining, you may be doing things on your own property but it effects the sorrounding environment that may not be your property. The air becomes affected, the water and the natural beauty. If there where no regulations on what people can do to the land, then it affects everyone in the community and in some cases whole river systems. Why should people be allowed to negatively impact a community just because you happen to have enough money to own land?

2. Because most of the rules and laws that enviromental regulations create are based of non-factual information and can often have its own side effects and consequences. Super costly, puts people out of work, stalls growth. Also many of the people who actually contribute large amounts of polution can continue to just polute and pay fines instead of actually changing practice. The regulations usually hurt the little guy much more.

3. Libertarians believe in property rights. My property rights would allow me to sue/seek restitution if something your doing on your property has an adverse effect on mine.

4. Unfortunately, USA is far from libertarian. It instead bows to the demands of big business, and they are allowed to fuck up the environment as much as they would like, so long as they are making $$$.

But, OP, I agree with you entirely, that the environment needs to be on more peoples' minds. Nice job making this thread.

5. Im not argueing that the regulations we have right now are good, just that environmental regulations are necessary.

6. Enforcing private property rights takes care of any need for environmental regulations.

7. The oligarchs that run the planet are using false science to impose draconian environmental regulations on the west in order to de-industrialize and dismantle western society.

The Gibson Guitar Raid - HUMAN EVENTS

CERN: The Sun, Not Man, Causes Climate Change - Truth is Treason

NASA: Aliens May Attack Earth to End Global Warming

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1jeRHjBwjM]Behind the Green Curtain: Environmentalism vs. Property Rights - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78j5KgG1ncI]Climate Change - An Anti-Human Movement Based on Lies and False Science - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA8KH6G_0hc][1 of 2] Exposing the False Science behind Climate Change - YouTube[/ame]

:bongin:

8. [​IMG]

9. Laws will not change human behavior.

You cannot legislate "good" in to people.

10. Yeah, but what good is that is what they were doing was legal?

11. Who would enforce the private property rights?

12. Yes but laws give people more of an incentive to do good. I dont think that laws alone will change human behavior (democrats have been trying for quite some time now) but a complete societal/political revolution would change human behavior.

13. And if there are no regulations defining what is legal and what is not, your lawsuit doesn't have a leg to stand on.

14. The owner of the private property.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Whats legal and whats not IS defined. And it does not take hundreds of paid representatives to interpret it.

Do what you want with your own property, so long as you do not injure another person or their property.

You don't have to use the government as your self hired Nanny. Be aware of what people are doing, and stand up for yourself and others rights to not be injured, instead of forcing everyone to pay somebody else to do it. They are never going to give as much of a fuck about you and your property as you will, therefore you will always do a more thorough and efficient job for yourself, than others will do for you.

Stop expecting other people to give a shit about you or other people. They always have been, and always will be too busy giving a fuck about themselves. We should embrace a system that gives people the most freedom to thrive given this fact as truth.

16. Maybe in America, with our individualistic society. There are plenty of examples of societies and cultures that have cared for each other and worked with each other as a community and flourished. If we have a society that is centered around the individual, then obviously people are only going to care for themselves.

I will ask another question of you all in support of private property. Why are humans so special that we get to own the land?

17. Even in our individualistic society, people are already doing as you say other communities do, and they work together to improve their community. You don't need laws to enforce this, its a natural part of the human condition. Im not only out for myself, i want to help the people i care about to, but thats voluntary there is no issue with that.

If your going to base society around government enforced law, the only way you can protect the individual AND a group of individuals is by focusing on the individuals rights. A group of people should hold no sway over one person, just as one person should hold no sway against a group.
    And to answer your question, we get to own land because we out compete all other species in the struggle to do so. We are not the only form of life that claims land and defends its territory. We just happen to dominate that struggle.

18. Opposable thumbs and big brains.

19. Why shouldn't people be allowed the freedom to enjoy the fruits of their labor?

20. This is all hypothetical...If an alien race came to earth, you would be okay with them dominating and killing humans because they are more advanced then us?

If we keep on killing the environment, we are denying other species the ability to evolve into more advanced species like us.