NYPD Confirms CIA Officer Works at Department

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. NYPD Confirms CIA Officer Works at Department - ABC News

Boy do I sure feel safe knowing the popo's are trained by our intelligence community. The blending of militarism/intelligence/law enforcement in this country should infuriate everyone, the potential for abuse is staggering.

2. i often feel very bad for american-muslims.

such unfounded discrimination and hate.

:/

3. The NYC cops and CIA have done a very good job. After 9/11, Al qaeda had fucking blueprints for NYC places that they were going to target. You can't be too careful. Not to say the entire country needs this type of security, but New York still is the financial capital, and their favorite place to attack.

4. I heard about this yesterday on Democracy now, but it wasn't a suprise.

I wouldn't be suprised if more cities had some CIA members working in their police departments.

The CIA isn't supposed to operate or spy domestically but we all know thats bullshit.

5. Yes you can.

When you profile an entire religion and ethnicity in there own homes and places of worship and business, its gone too far.

6. Not if there is justification.

7. Oh I understand now, it's ok to violate the fourth amendment if the government says it's for our benefit. ;)

8. There is never justification for racially and religiously profiling people based on no evidence and desecrating their places of worship with their impure intentions. A justification to try to gain information about an individual: evidence that they have broken a law.

They aren't justified.

This is a free country that is diverse ethnically and religiously, and anyone who gives a damn about the constitution or personal liberty should oppose this action by our government, who by doing this are not simply not acting in our best interests, they are actively and deliberately going against our best interests. If you can show me evidence that 1.2 billion muslims, collectively, have knowingly committed a crime against US law, let me see it.
    If you have evidence that Arabs and blacks, collectively in all of their number, have actively and knowingly broken US law, then you have justification.

Until that moment, this is yet another example of our governments utter disregard for our constitution, our liberties, our equality in the eyes of the law, and in fact an utter disregard for morality and anything that's right.

9. Guys, you know I disagree totally with this type of crap. I want the government out of everything. out of our places of worship, out of our computers, out of our checking accounts, out of our cell phones, out of our medicine cabinets, out of our recreational intoxicants cabinets, everything.

I've also made an extensive study on Islam, as I've said before. I, and people with bigger foreheads than I, have drawn parallels between what is going on now in Islam and what happened in Christianity in the early 1600's. Gutenberg made the first moveable type press around 1440ish. About 150 years later, information availability played the major role in the violence of Europe in the early 1600's. The middle East didn't embrace printing technology until later, in the 1700's, and it didn't become widespread until much later.
    The First Arabic Script Printing Press in Lebanon « :::: Arabic Type Designer & Typographer :: Arabic Type :: Pascal Zoghbi ::::
    If I recall correctly (and correct me if I'm wrong), the first modern type of press like we used here for a long time was in Saudia Arabia in the 1960's.
    Arabs are getting fully caught up in information technology, and look, we get the riots, and major upheval. This is normal. We're in the overflow of the violence.
    However, there are some studies like those by Dr. Peter Hammond made in [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Slavery-Terrorism-Islam-Historical-Contemporary/dp/0958454981]Amazon.com: Slavery, Terrorism & Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat (9780958454988): Peter Hammond: Books[/ame] that hold to direct correlation between percentages of Islamic population as a part of the whole, and problems that tend to arise from them, leading to a nation becoming subject to Sharia law. This is what has a lot of guys in the intel world scared.
    If you really want me to break it down for you I can, but only if you promise not to crucify me for it. I'm not in the mood for flame wars atm, I've got a hurricane bearing down on my region.

10. Same! :wave:

Northeast hurricane wtf.

But I don't know if that islam info stuff justifies spying on US citizens...

You can't generalize "muslims" really, since they're too diverse.

I think most of the violence stems from US imperialism.

I think sharia law occurs in places where a majority is muslim. and there is a dictator who wants to pretend god supports his dictatorship.

The only thing muslim i see that stems from internet/ social media is an impressive desire for freedom and democracy.

11. northeasters are normal, but the path that Irene is following is normal, eastern NC gets pasted all the damn time.
    it is true that most of the anti-US violence stems from blowback to US imperialism back in the 1950s. however, there are patterns of behavior outside of the anti-US factor; all this data deals with strife within individual countries as the Muslim population in the country grows. This violence is totally separated from what has people truly worried.
    the problem is that Islam is not just a religion, it is a way of life--including religion, laws, and government. By the strict definition of the Koran, no good muslim can hold any loyalty to anything outside Islam. If you look at the Muslim-on-Muslim violence, what you see is moderates who want to break from that tradition and "give unto Caesar," and have a more modern life. These are the Muslims who are assimilating further into Western culture and mores. They are also the target of the traditionalists.
    When you get more traditionalists into a society is when you start to see more internal problems.

12. #13 garrison68, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
    New York is one of the most diverse cities in the world, we don't need lectures about tolerance from people who live in small communities where 97% of people are European-American, never got bloodied from an attack of any kind, and live with virtually no threat of terrorism.

We also do not have a martyr complex. They've vowed to attack us again, numerous times, and have been unsuccessful for almost 10 years, which means that we probably have done something right.

13. again, the anti-US violence is not the same thing as what has the intel people worried. What they are worried about is what happens to nations as they are Islamicized.
    and as for my community, we are 68.5% Caucasian, 21.5% black, 1.3% native american, 8.4% Hispanic/Latino, and 2.2% mixed per quickfacts.census.gov.

14. So... moderate muslims leave the bad countries... and then you say the traditionalists stay behind, and then you say more traditionalists = more bad stuff.

but you say it is the moderates who come to the west.

and again, how does this justify spying on US citizens whilst profiling 1.2 billion people of different classes, ethnicities, nationalities, employments, family sizes, upbringing, political beliefs, etc etc?

ya just can not profile that many people as a possible threat.

regardless of any bad shit muslims have done, you cant profile em.

what if this was about black people being profiled and watched by the CIA?

and people were like oohh the more blacks that come the more crime there is

and because black people have broken laws in the past and done bad stuff, the CIA says its fair to spy on any black person and profile them, simply because they're black and other black people have killed people.

15. There are at least 800,000 Muslims (some say over a million) living in New York City, and over 100 mosques. They're doing damn well, and the supposed discrimination against them is mostly hogwash.

16. I never said it was JUST the moderates moving, and that's why the spooks are so scared. We're getting traditionalists too.
    There is a serious difference between explaining WHY they do something
    And approving of it.

BIG difference.
    I NEVER claimed to approve of it, I just understand why.
    and if an ethnic group caused the same problems, they would get the same response.

here, I'll break it down for you all the way. These are not my words, they are just the best explanation I've seen on the net about the subject. The book itself is not this well written imho, and I would not have phrased it the same way.
    This is the correlation between Muslim population % and what's going on in the country. I found it on a social discussion website from an AO chief, who turned me on to this particular book.