Marijuana and all other subtances

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Greenville, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Being illegal is totally unconstitutional, and it's pretty clear. When we wanted to ban Alcohol back in the day THEY HAD TO AMEND the CONSTITUTION. They knew they couldn't just PASS a law to BAN something, they had to change constitution. Why did they not amend the constitution for this war on drugs.

2. They shouldn't ammend the constitution at all it should be up to the states.

3. It should just be legal full stop. States can ban drugs just as easily as a federal government...

4. I think his point was how/why did the feds think this was okay, especially when they knew it was unconstitutional.

I'd probably say because the minions put too much faith in DC and lost their sense of distrust of government that should be ingrained in everyone.

5. The system sees the constitution as an obstacle to be circumvented.

What they really wish to do is make the entire thing irrelevant.

I'm learning that there is a big difference between legal and lawful.

"For in reason, all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery." - Jonathan Swift

:bongin:

6. all drugs should be legal and left to the county, jk that would leave to an almost military like presense on the borders of said county. state is fine but massachusettes is a wimp and would only allow marijuana and medical MDMA i bet. they got better at not giving a shit about the people for whom they work, and better at corporate ties distracting people, and better at fear mongering and ingraining propaganda into society, such as kids health classes

7. huh???:confused:
    whaaaa????????:confused:
    Medical MDMA???????????????????????:confused:

[​IMG]

...so you can focus, articulate, spell (at least spell check)...I 'think' you have a point in there, some where, just not sure...:confused_2:

8. #8 TheAtmansPath, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    for veterans with PTSD in therapy.

9. #9 Jazzyj, Jul 15, 2011
    To be fair, psychiatrists used to prescribe MDMA to their patients.

I can't really see that happening again though...

10. #10 TheAtmansPath, Jul 15, 2011
  11. MDMA (and other psychedelics like LSD, psilocybin, etc.) can be used medicinally.

12. #12 Jazzyj, Jul 15, 2011
  13. And shrooms, dmt, and mescaline can be used for spiritual purposes. No really guys only weed should be legal. If a person has some shit wrong with their brain or if the just do it all wrong or someone gives them a bad trip (like my situation possibly the first too idk) they could really end up in a bad situation, jumping out a window or some shit, I know the thought crossed my mind and all these inexperienced people are convinced they are gonna die or am dying myself included so only weed weed will never do that shit.

14. #14 TheAtmansPath, Jul 15, 2011
    yeah man I really hope it can help our soldiers when they come back.

15. Better solution...don't send soldiers into illegal wars/occupations over industrial rights to resources...thus avoiding feeling you're being a part of atrocities against innocent people.

No need to treat those that have no guilt driven PTSD. People of conscience will have guilt even if hidden by delusions of 'following orders'...the others, match the sociopath definition for the most part. just my opinion...

(BTW, I am a VET...not just talking out my arse)

16. #16 TheAtmansPath, Jul 16, 2011
    i agree w ya there. thanks for your service too man

17. No really guys. All substances should be legal.

If a person has some shit wrong with their brain or if they do X wrong or someone does Y then bad things could happen. I'm sorry, I would've built up an emotional appeal like you, but I'm too lazy. Someone else can fill in X and Y.

Where exactly are you drawing the line here for what should be illegal? Cannabis can be abused just like any other mind-altering substance (alcohol comes to mind). Coffee can be abused just like any other mind-altering substance. I think you see where I'm going with this. Joe Rogan can finish for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-LMeKlk2HY]‪Joe Rogan - Let's Nerf the World‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

18. Well...it's hard to counter a point of "people should be responsible for their actions". Which would include what they use for intoxication.

BUT, some things are known to be physically addictive, known to kill by just using them (too excess). Those things need regulation and the public at least provided with warnings, like alcohol and tobacco have for the most part...

Sadly, people can't control the use of the 'worst things', and die from overdose/abuse...while MJ in it's natural form, has never killed anyone...

Wish there was an easy solution, but regulation at a minimum is needed or we just allow Darwin to do his thing, let the dumb people 'off themselves' and hope the loss of breeding stock won't have adverse effects on the gene pool...:D

19. #19 Arteezy, Jul 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2011
    Psychological addictions can be just as bad as physical addictions (sometimes worse) and no, substances don't "need" government regulation. If people want unregulated substances, they should be allowed to purchase them (read: voluntary exchange).

I'm not a Darwinist. I'm a voluntarist. I don't think government regulations make the world a better place. I don't think no government regulation means that people are going to just start killing themselves off en masse.

20. Ohh well that's easy. They don't give a shit