Ron Paul & Barney Frank will introduce bill to end federal marijuana prohibition

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Jun 22, 2011.

1. #1 Limecat, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
    Barney Frank and Ron Paul will Introduce Legislation on Thursday to Fully Legalize Marijuana - Hit & Run : Reason Magazine

:hello:

Another article:

New bill would end federal marijuana prohibition - San Jose Mercury News

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPs1Oem0yvI]YouTube - Ron Paul Interview on Co Introducing Bill To Decriminalize Marijuana[/ame]

YouTube - Ron Paul Interview on Co Introducing Bill To Decriminalize Marijuana

2. So much momentum has picked up lately, at this rates the hippies of old may live to get to see the herb legalized.:hello::smoke::hello: It will be a beautiful day for this once great nation where we can finally say, "The war is over".

3. I ... I ...

I like it a lot. :D

4. This is good. Barney frank is a fucking retard, but i like this:D

5. whats the catch?

6. I've got high hopes for this legislation, but realistically... I'd be happy just to see it seriously be discussed, even for a minute.

Note to the media: No Cheech and Chong or Grateful Dead jokes please. Man, oh man, I feel like tossing a shoe at my TV (enraged Iraqi style) every time some douche on the flickering screen makes bad pot jokes instead of actually considering the possibility that the emperor has no clothes and The War on Some Drugs is a total fucking joke.

7. Maybe we'll hear some intelligent debate on the issues, or maybe not.. :hippie:

8. I just want Fox News and CNN to start saturating the market with constant marijuana discussion. Sure they'll give a lot of bullshit but hopefully the actual clips they play will be enough to persuade people to at least give it more then just a passing interest.

9. The catch is that it probably wont pass the House

10. We won't. The conservatives will blow the dust off the old reefer madness bullshit and this will go nowhere.

11. I have found out who my congressman is:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WOzLUarLHU]YouTube - ‪Oh, Ben, You're So Butch‬‏[/ame]

I wasn't going to write my congressman, but I think I should now.

12. Ya know maybe if everyone wasn't so negative our little campaign here would go somewhere. They say willpower is one of the strongest forces known to humans(I really don't know if they'd say that, I just thought it up) and if one persons willpower can build empires, then a million people can conquer the universe.

13. LOL

I would write, call, and email. Then when you get a response back, if it's not to your liking, write back rejecting what they are saying and keep writing...

14. i hope this goes further than the last bill they tried..

at least they keep at it :)

the stigma of weed being bad is much less than it was even a few years ago,.

15. That was spooky aaronman! :smoking:

16. Haha this republican house legalizing marijuana..not a fucking chance..!

17. I think its only to make medical marijuana legal. Thats waht i read in another article on yahoo