Why do i hear so little real discussion on Ron Paul?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by budlover13, Jun 19, 2011.

1. i post this in General because i think it's important to reach everyone. Including those that normally don't participate in the quagmire of name-calling and spin that is known as politics. You know, those that vote their party regardless of the truth and just swallow what the mainstream media gives them. Talk about being brainwashed and drinking the Kool-Aid![ame]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG0IhtyORKQ&feature=share[/ame]

2. I thought you visited the politics forum

3. i do. All the time. But i always see the same few faces of those that are at least looking for the truth.

And this issue runs FAR deeper than mere politics. Everything we do is influenced my a mainstream media that nobody seems to really question when they openly admit that it's skewed and biased reporting. i mean, if my house was burning down i wouldn't let some talking head tell me "Don't worry, it'll be ok." and not seriously question his intentions in the situation. Or at very least his honesty and logic. And i'll be damned if i'm going to sit on my hands, sucking my thumb while hoping that it's all going to work out because that's what the idiots on tv are reporting while spinning and twisting the true facts into something that only rarely vaguely resembles the truth.:mad:

4. Let's just say that i'm "wax"ing philosophical. :smoking:

5. because he sucks.

6. Care to elaborate?

7. More than Obama and McCain

I dont think so. Those bastards are shit

8. obama sucks. and so does mccaine.

9. i look at it like this:

With over 30 years of him correctly predicting the outcomes of various world and national events, the twist and spin the media uses to smear and trivialize him, the fear of most current politicians, and his Constitutionalism make me think he may have an answer to some of the problems we have. It would cut government a TON and that's why they are so afraid.

Must be something good about someone that makes so many slime-balls uneasy.

10. But AT, your attitude of apathy towards politicians is part of the problem imo.

11. to answer the question in the thread title:

because no one knows and no one cares to know about him

:/ sad, but true

12. Then how do we change that? i'm doing everything i can think of and it gets a little frustrating sometimes. i'm pointing out the selfish, egotistical, self-centered, illogical reasons that people use to justify their not supporting his patriotism and love of the Constitution but doing it in a non-attacking non-judgemental way. Recently learned the technique with my 11 year old son and it's working exceedingly well on both fronts. Him and the general public when i can get someone to care enough.

But my own brother-in-law and sister said "We wait to decide until a week or two before the election. We never vote in the primaries." :eek::confused::(:mad:

13. politics are like a dead art form

people still respect it but the majority doesn't give a damn

they'll vote for whoever spouts the most bullshit in the most eloquent manner

14. That's why we need to rally for change now!!!! RP is on the Republican ticket to bypass the lockout of the 2 party system. Now it's up to us to get those voters that are registered Rep to vote in the PRIMARY. In all seriousness, that is the real election for the country. Once he gets the Republican nod it's all cake from there imo. If he can keep from getting shot.:eek:

15. CRAP! One man can only do so much. He's put himself in position for us to support him now let's get off our asses, sign up with the campaign, and get the fucking word out!!!!!

Products Page « Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Take this link and share every single flyer on FB, Twitter, Myspace, Email, EVERYTHING!!!!!
    i am and will continue! "Friend" as many people as you can and post often and with wit and tact. Bridle your passion and be FREE!!!!!

16. I like Ron Paul but being a Constitutionalist in 2011 versus 1798 or something is very different, I don't think you can go by that document to the letter. In fact I know you can't because our legal system is completely fucked up by people (Circuit court judges, Supreme court judges, etc) who think they can interpret this 230+ year old document.

I'm sure the founding fathers would have changed a shit ton about the Constitution if they could ever know how much damage it caused through various interpretation.

But, that's not to say I don't agree with a lot of Ron Paul's ideology, I just can't imagine what politics he would go by in office if he's a self proclaimed Constitutionalist.

17. #17 blkarmphoenix, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Oh my God....

18. I support Ron Paul.

19. some of his theories are intriguing, his views on health care are archaic and dangerous however..so he wont be getting my vote

20. And in relation to the topic, my only concern with ron paul would be his VP.

Ron paul is oooold. Make sure you take the next in line into account