What happened to the Antiwar Movement?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Turns out it was more about being Anti-Bush than Anti-War.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_VHEts3fqk]YouTube - What Happened to the Antiwar Movement?[/ame]

Yay partisanship. :rolleyes:

2. its cool bro obama said we left iraq already, afghaniwho? yo hes got a lot on his plate right now at least he aint bush lolol

3. Yo calm down. We had 8 years to hate bush. Obama just got in office. You can't expect him to accumulate that kind of hate overnight.

4. just subscribed to the anti-war movement newsletter :) :smoke: you're right i dislike war regardless of the president

5. The anti war protesters are still out in front of my local post office every Friday between 5 and 6pm. And the "Support our Troops" crowd is on the next block at the same time every Friday.

6. Where's this?

7. In Oregon

8. Oregon has internet and electricity? Coulda fooled me :p

9. #11 Jamayah, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2011
  10. They figured it out finally, war will happen and there is nothing you can do to stop it.There will allways be someone who hates another.Peace will never happen until u die.

11. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, some pretty interesting timing, don't you think?

12. Has nothing to do with this thread.

13. Did you read the article? It talks a lot about anti-war movements.

14. Good article, I guess, but being a "progressive" news site I don't like the anti-corporate emphasis.

The power rests with the state, period. Corporations are simply drawn to that power and facilitate it's corruption.

It's too bad "progressives" hate the Constitution, it would make a great weapon in fighting and preventing our illegal wars. I see no mention of the Constitution in that article.

15. I'm guessing it says nothing how much of the anti-war movement has pretty much died down since the lefties got 'their guy' in office?

16. You know what they saw about about assuming things right? :p

I don't get why you guys gotta turn this into a left vs right thing.

17. The point is that despite what they claim, they're hyperpartisan, and driven by party ideology, not ethics.