Debt - $14,000,000,000,000

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Jan 15, 2011.

1. #1 Limecat, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    US debt passes $14 trillion, Congress weighs caps - Yahoo! News

Oooooops!

U.S. National Debt Clock : Real Time

Fun-fact, it's physically impossible to count to 1 Trillion (not spend it though!).

$100
    [​IMG]

$1,000,000,000 (billion)
    [​IMG]

$1,000,000,000,000 (trillion)
    [​IMG]

2. I am really happy i don't live in america.

3. Guess ill have to admit that i'm glad you don't as well.

4. Look at all those stacks of cash

5. pretty sure we'll continue to spend money that doesn't exist until the world ends. which might actually be a result of spending money that doesn't exist.

6. So many zeros it seems like it doesn't even matter...

7. What a great system

8. I don't see why they feel the need to invade another country,they're...wasting money trying to save a nation from criminals basically..and they think they can be successful there ..even through they're unable to handle the criminals in they're own country?? what??:confused: It's not the time to be playing super hero USA..not the time at all.

[​IMG]
    Total Outlays (Federal Funds): $2,650 billion
    MILITARY: 54% and $1,449 billion
    NON-MILITARY: 46% and $1,210 billion
    [​IMG]

But even if we stop the war,we still got a shit load of debt :eek:...<.<...>.>...<.<...someone should blow up the federal reserve :devious:..XD DON"T GOTTA PLAY NO ONE BACK BITCHES!!:yay: j/king j/king XDDD

9. I think I can cover that. *pulls out black card*

10. Now this is good:

Sept 2010-

Richard Haass, asked Hillary Clinton the following question: "The United States is soon approaching a point where the scale or size of our debt will exceed our GDP. Question of when more than if. Where does national security contribute to the solution to running deficits of one and a half trillion dollars a year? Or, do we continue to carry out a foreign and defense policy as if we're not seriously resource constrained?"

Hillary said, "I think that our rising debt levels poses a national security threat, and it poses a national security threat in two ways. It undermines our capacity to act in our own interests, and it does constrain us where constraint may be undesirable, and it also sends a message of weakness internationally. I mean it is very troubling to me that we are losing the ability, not only to chart our own destiny, but to, you know, have the leverage that comes from this enormously affected economic engine that has powered American values and interests over so many years."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5RPITBJv24]YouTube - Secretary Clinton Says Our Debt Is A National Security Threat[/ame]

Fast forward to now-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCFeB_JKvpo]YouTube - Clinton: GOP 2011 Budget Devastating to Security[/ame]

Ummmmmmm....what?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

11. ahhhh money isnt worth the paper its written on. If only we could do away with money. Maybe back to a barter style.

12. Seems the fastest way to recovery would be to recall all our armed forces, and reduce congressional and senate pay/benefits by 50%...or history could just repeat itself...(with a little flair from science)...

[​IMG]

:D

13. Epic pic ^

and HOLY FUCK. 14 trillion seems just a little much.

14. Hey, if running the world was cheap everybody would do it.

15. We're like the idiot down the street with chrome spinners on a huge escalade that we use to kill the neighbors dogs sometimes, but inside the house it's just a bunch of dust and cobwebs and shit, maybe some squatters.

16. Yup, but that's pretty much what they're counting on anyway. Numbers so large and debt so inconceivable that we no longer give a shit.

I mean, I can remember when newscasters would talk about budgets in the millions of dollars, and even they would act somewhat shocked reporting those figures.

Now, you don't even get people out of bed unless you're using a "b" in front of "illion", and usually have to supplement even that with "multi"...:rolleyes:

17. Politicians work for the people, paid by taxes collected from said people...making the people their bosses....i say we fire them all and sue them for gross negligence handling OUR financial base (the economy), fraud and embezzling.:D

[​IMG] :hello:

18. The other day one young man came up on some cheap 15, 5, and 1 gallon pots from an ad on craigslist. This young man went to the old man's place to pick up some for the next season. When finalizing the transaction the old man said, “So, you got this all figured out or do I gotta (trailing off in a confused DGAF way)…” The young man responded with confidence and a smile, “Yea, $34.20.” The old man looked relieved and said, “Then let me give you one more 15 gallon and make it $34 even.” The young man originally requested 12 of each, so he ended up leaving with 13, 15 gallon pots.
    This happened to me the other day and as I ponder its occurrence today, it can come across as a metaphor to how the next generation is going to cope with the current economic times. The young man represents the next generation and the old man represents the passing generation. When the old man asked if the young man had it all figured out, he could be thought of as asking about how the young man plans to solve the current economic problems he will eventually have to deal with. The young man responds with a statement included a marijuana numerical reference and the old man gives the young man more and cuts a deal with him. This is significant because here the old man brought the total number of possible plants to grow to 13. The number 13 is significant in America. There's 13 original colonies, 13 original colonies, 13 signers of the Declaration of Independence,13 stripes on our flag; Refer to rear of dollar bill: 13 steps on the Pyramid, 13 letters in 'Annuit Coeptis,' 13 letters in 'E Pluribus Unum,'13 stars above the Eagle, 13 bars on that shield, 13 leaves on the olive branch,13 fruits, and if you look closely, 13 arrows. Therefore, this happened and can be interpreted to show marijuana can be used to sustain one's income in these times where it's difficult to make money.

19. LOL! You think your country will last without us?

20. People won't care about the national debt until they see a direct and obvious impact on them, like the inability for them to buy food. The debt could be 100trillion, it wouldn't matter much. Until people stop being so ignorant of important events and world happenings like a massive debt, nothing is going to change. Congress surely doesn't care