Burn an American flag, you're ok. Burn a Mexican flag, its racist.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, May 8, 2010.

1. #41 Gooch_Goblin69, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010

yeah so are we gonna make laws that say don't burn pictures of jesus or don't burn pictures of the president or don't burn pictures of whatever because someone will be offended. Don't you see? One exeption to the rule of free speech and expression and soon everyone wants an exception for them.

Yeah and Like I said but you seem to not be able to understand: I don't like it when people burn the flag but it's protected by the FIRST AMENDEMENT. theres all kinds of shit in this country i don't like but I don't call for a government ban on it.

And also the government shouldn't have to baby sit people. If people are gonna burn a flag then they can deal with the re-precussions, but certainly no legal reprecussions, just that people will think they are a dick and if they are realy douche bags they will attack them for burning the flag which may I remind you is nothing but a bunch of colered threads.

Are we going to ban most TV shows because they make fun of someone and "step on their toes" so I guess we can't have TV, or jokes, or satire or anything; Infact lets ban speech cause someone might no tlike what someone has to say.

Do you see why free speech is important now? Freedom is the central idea of America.

2. lol how hypocritical. you want to take away peoples right to self expression but you want the same right for yourself. Bravo!

3. It's not legit if it's against the rules of the school. I never went to a school that allowed the incitement of violence before. Certainly not the burning of anything.

Burning any flag is a gesture of extreme disrespect. It ought not be done regardless of the colors on it.

They should be punished for breaking the rules, and you're very stubbornly avoiding facing that.

Interesting how you parse your words. Being racist is wrong. You slide the word "overtly" in there to cover the fact that this was likely (barely) covertly racist behavior.

4. hahahah DUDE vintage high school is my fucking school.

n the people that burned the flag arent even racist. they did it cause theyre stupid. i know the kids that burned that flag. ahahha thats so fuckin weird i even made a post about that incident

5. Why do Most of the threads made by Dronetek focus on racism.:confused:

6. LOL i have noticed too. I dont think its anything bad, hes not advocating it from what ive read but i did cross my mind.

7. #47 newskoolgrower, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    I never said once in this thread that I'd like to ban or make it illegal to burn a flag in the united states. NOT ONCE

I said it's not right and it's disrespect to a nation of people and peoples heritage. If someone wants to cowardly burn a flag instead of telling the people in which they hate, that they hate them. They can go ahead and burn the damn flag, but if i'm present while a mexican or american flag is being burned I will take action. And when i'm kicking their ass, i'm just expressing myself as well.

8. You fail to see that once you're in school, you follow the schools rules, you break them, you're suspended. Just like if you break a gc rule you're banned. You can't go to school and smoke weed even if you have an mmj card(even though federal law doesn't protect it) but you should understand what i'm trying to say here. just like if you go to prison, you lose your rights, it's the same shit, you have to follow the prisons rules or face the penalties, whether it's constitutional or not like the rasta man who served 10 years just for having dreadlocks and not wanting to cut them off.

^^^^THIS, you have the right to call a Mexican a beaner or a **** or a black man the N-word, but it causes tension between people and people don't like to feel "belittled" by others, no matter what race or place your're from. It in turn causes fights and havoc. Just because you have the power, and it's constitutionally alright, doesn't mean you should use it in that way. "with great power, comes great responsibility".- Uncle ben

oh noes, you can be alot more racist, but it change nothing. it will just backfire, illegality of immigration does not work, there are connections everywhere, just like the drugwar does not work, there are connnections everywhere. There should be no borders simple as that.

Very good questions and points. although I don't agree with anyone burning any flag. +rep for this post and for alot of your other posts as well.

9. #49 Herb., May 10, 2010
    My whole view on this is that it is a piece of cloth. Burning a flag is the equivalent to burning a wash-cloth or a piece of paper that has a flag drawn on it.

Correct but illegality of illegal immigration does. They're two different things and it being illegal to illegally come across the border does work, America just doesn't implement it.

10. #50 Gooch_Goblin69, May 10, 2010

Assault and battery is very illegal though you see.

Words= no pyshical damage

Assualt= physical damage

Theres a pretty clear difference.

11. #51 newskoolgrower, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
    So the point of the thread was To?

when I wrote illegality of immigration, I did in fact mean illegal immigration. Why it doesn't work because there is too much corruption on mexico's side of the border because cartels pay them off for "easy passage for cartel members and drugs". If the border control doesn't comply the cartels just kill them. there is in fact on that side of the border very decent people of mexico who feel that they have been kicked down and shitted on by "their own government" and it's own corruption, so they come to the US without all the extra paperwork and waiting. If mexico was turned into a state it would indeed be MUCH less corrupt and things would start to take shape, and people that already live in mexico wouldn't have to want a BETTER life and Better Oppurtinitys becuase it would be The Same, part of the U.S, same salary more jobs etc. and they would stay there. on this side of the border it's the same, corrupt, People come through everyday without problems, why? the people who transport "illegal aliens" pay off the border control. Even people from different countries go to mexico so they can enter the U.S that way. it just doesn't work. Even if A million minute man were at the border, they would probably transport via helecopter or other ways.

haha yeah I know. It's not justified to assault someone constitutionally and legally unless you're in the military. Or an officer, or Dea agent, or FBI, Or MMA

12. This says nothing about how it "doesn't work". You cannot judge whether or not it works because America doesn't stop it like their laws say they will. Once they stop allowing the illegal immigration, then we can decide what does and doesn't work. Until then, them coming here doesn't work and cannot be justified by a "better life".

Every country has problems and every person in that country has to live with those problems. They did not choose to be born in a less fortunate place but their parents made such decisions for them and for themselves by staying there. Once the child turns into an adult, as defined by the country, they have the decision to leave. Some choose to leave legally, some choose to leave illegally, and some choose to stay. Those who choose to stay are the strongest. They're working with their country in the endeavor to become "better", as you have said. In no way is it right for someone to decide they can illegally immigrate because life isn't good. Every country has problems and so do it's people. It is called dealing with life and the problems that come with life. If they simply cannot, then they're welcomed to come to America for a "better life" but they must do so legally.

This is the bottom line. If they can make the decision to come illegally and fuck American citizens, just as their "government fucked them", then they can go right on back.

13. I see the problem, I know the solution...

Everybody just buy vaporizers and we'll outlaw burning;)

I'd burn an American flag too, but I'm white, so who cares?

14. dude thats pretty rascist. white men burning the american flag, what next mexican using tortillas as coasters. respect the culture.

hahah made myself chuckle

15. I mean, if it's any consolation to the opposed, I'd burn a federal Canadian flag too. The only reason I identify myself as Canadian on the internet is because a lot of Americans(the majority of internet users) don't know what the fuck I'm talking about when I say Nova Scotian.

16. i thought you were from the states for some reason, i tripped when you started talking about the federal canadian flag.

17. See, I wouldn't beat anyone's ass because initiating violence over your sissy feelings is wrong...You realize beating people up is the exact opposite of being civilized? If you say you're a civilized person you have to always be civilized, not just when you're in a good mood.

18. lol this is the 3rd thread ive seen you make about mexicans and racism

19. if your a white supremacist, its cool yo
    do your thing man... dont be ashamed of who you are

20. Burning a flag is symbolic.

Burning an American flag is symbolic of protesting our government.

Burning a Mexican flag in America is symbolic of telling people of another nationality to "keep out".

People have the right to do either, and they have the right to their opinions. But for fuck's sake, let's call it what it is. If someone is going to burn a flag of any kind then they should have the balls to stand behind their opinions, and not claim they are innocently "burning a piece of cloth".