Az deputy gunned down with AK-47... Illegal immigrant... DISCUSS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sir Elliot, May 1, 2010.

1. Blades,

To avoid adding my own bias I'm simply going to provide this post from hotair.com, slightly edited at the start (since it references a different post made by the author):

...It's worth a post of its own given the national interest in the state's new statute. Which, incidentally, wasn't being enforced here: It doesn't go into effect for 90 days, or possibly for much longer if opponents have their way.

The wound is apparently superficial, thank goodness.
    At last check, the suspects were shooting at police helicopters in hot pursuit. More from CNN:
    Critics of the new law have been demanding a fact pattern by which “reasonable suspicion” might lawfully arise. Well, this one seems promising: A desert search along a route known to be used by coyotes turns up illegal drugs, with further investigation revealing a group of people nearby. Under the circumstances, suspicion of a crime committed by illegals doesn't seem so wingnutty. And, I emphasize, it's just suspicion: Could be that these would-be cop-killers are bona fide U.S. citizens. But then, that's what the law is for - to let cops ascertain status in dubious circumstances. Assuming they were all in a car on a suspected coyote route, were pulled over for speeding, and no one in the car could offer any address of U.S. residence, names of U.S. relatives, etc., shouldn't “reasonable suspicion” obtain?

2. #2 Chaohinon, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Same reason blacks rioted in LA, same reasons Muslim murder americans. How much collective abuse can you possibly expect people to take before they start responding in kind?!

I mean, if I were a jew living in Nazi occupied Germany, I wouldn't hesitate to rig car bombs, do drive-bys, capture SS officers and saw off their testicles for information. No flinching, no regrets.

You do whatever you have to do to stop oppression. I expect more incidents like this, and I won't shed a fucking tear. Tyrants reap what they sow.

edit: I should clarify that I don't advocate killing cops (currently, although it is kind of an erotic fantasy of mine), this sort of thing is just a natural result of the violence inherent in national borders. People need to learn the simple fact that until you cease to build systems that are rooted in violence and conquest, all you're going to get is more violence in return.

3. #3 vendetta777, May 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2010
    How is this news? this happens everyday with like 5,000 dead this year from the drug war and

they dont say shit. Im guessing it's just because the controversy of the new law is popular in the news

or something. These drug cartels mean business and will stop at nothing, this video is freaking people

out in Mexico showing how ruthless they are.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ubai-EX5I&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

4. Elliot you should be working for the Enquirer or the daily mail with those ridiculous headlines...

5. that shit is so wrong why are we fighting half way across the world against people who blow themselves up so killing them doesn't matter when we could fight a threat right next door...

6. Uh, easy there buddy. This ain't exactly a Hispanic male businessman walking around in a suit downtown Tucson questioned for "papers please".

This was a cop who ran into smugglers in the desert. Don't give me this "oppression" bullshit here. Regardless of how we feel about MJ laws, the cop was doing his job. The color behind the trigger shouldn't be a factor here. I'd feel the same way if it was a "white person" who shot him.

7. good point there haha and its true the officer was at the wrong place at the wrong time

8. how is this even close to the same thing? we have immigration laws in place by the federal government, there are legal ways of becoming a US citizen... youre a nutcase comparing this to the nazis

9. I seriously doubt these were immigrants, legal or not. Sounds like drug runners or smugglers to me.

10. Therefore all illegal immigrants and mexicans carry guns and must be searched as they're randomly walking down the street because white people need to feel safe.

11. dont you have to prove who you are when you are asked? like when you get pulled over, you cant just refuse to tell the cop who you are right?

why should people from mexico be treated any differently than anyone else?

12. Only if they have a reason to pull you over.

Now one of those reasons is driving while mexican, or having an orangy-brownish semi-latino skintone.

"Whyd you pull me over officer?"

"I have reasonable suspicion to believe you're an illegal immigrant."

It's also not just traffic stops; they can just walk up to someone and ask for their 'papers' because they look different. That's why it's stupid.

13. Perhaps we should all drop this whole neo-nazi "papers please" bullshit. If a cop walks up to anyone for any reason and asks for ID, that shouldn't be construed as violation of Rights. We have to produce ID all the damn time for all kinds of reasons. Nobody said this law was the best solution anyway, it's merely one solution. If you want to ensure your Rights aren't violated, then feel free to propose the multi-trillion dollar solution to put a REAL border around our entire country and eliminate illegal immigrants from entering the country completely. Of course, be prepared to pay for that solution with a shitload of higher taxes.

It doesn't matter what color you are, you should have ID on you.
    However that plays out from this law, it will likely be as simple as asking for ID. And as stupid and stereotypical as this next sentence sounds, it actually fits this particular situation. If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't have a problem producing a simple ID card. And 5th Amendment protection is really still up in the air with regards to illegal immigrants.

14. might want to check out your law definitions. reasonable suspicion is not enough to pull someone over, probable cause is. of course either could be generated on a lie ANYWAY, so it doesn't really matter.

being resonably suspicious is not illegal, but the police cannot pull you over or search you just with reasonable suspicion.

15. FUCKING BULLSHIT!! Just because the government wants to know everybody and where they are at all times, doesn't mean we have to have ID. When did this completely erroneous bullshit about having to have ID on you start? You don't! If there's no reason for you to have a Driver's license or passport or some other photo ID, you'd only need for certain "priveleges," like driving, flying, or some work badge, you don't legally need them! That's not that hard to understand. And when the government demands that all people be ID'd at all times, I don't see how we wouldn't be living in a nazi paradise!

16. Getting a bank account
    Writing a check
    Getting a job
    Driving a car
    Obtaining damn near any form of insurance (life, health, car, home, etc.)
    Flying anywhere
    Getting or using any form of credit for any reason (school/car loans, home mortgage, etc.)
    Buying damn near any form of tobacco or alcohol
    Going to college

Yeah, you're right. What the fuck was I thinking that you needed some form of ID these days...:rolleyes:

17. No, he's got a point. I didn't get my driver's license til I was 20 or so, don't fly, don't have a car (still), don't have any insurance, don't have any credit, and didn't get a bank account, but did go to college when I was 18. So I got my ID. But say I didnt go to college, or get my drivers license. Say I didnt drink or smoke. Etc. etc. wouldnt need an ID. Not that hard.

Imagine you're homeless living in a small rural area, make do on your own, etc. Been homeless since childhood. No ID, definitely happens.

Nowadays, if you haven't gone to college, you're still told by someone that you must have ID at age 18, it's the law. I remember my stepdad told me that, and I didnt believe him, but I ... did. Isn't it?

18. You also kind of left out the part there where you have a job(which usually requires ID)...Oh yeah, and food. Food is kind of important to a human. Where's your income to pay for food? Be realistic here, I'm talking about any adult individual who is trying to make it on their own two feet in society today. I'm guessing that with all the things you listed you don't have, you're not exactly flying solo through life, so someone was or is showing "ID" for you for many things.

Funny part about this story. Most people (including those willing to risk crossing the border illegally to be here) do not want to live that homeless life. Yeah, anyone can try and live "off the grid" completely, but it ain't a easy life. Never has been.

19. It's not so much (for me) the matter of carrying an ID (I keep my license in my car, I never have it on my person, fuck that shit), it's that it mandates racial and class profiling to in attempt to solve a problem that will NEVER go away. The most this will do is drive immigrants to leave Arizona and start populating other states, or force more of them to get fake licenses/SSNs/etc. It solves nothing and only creates fear, anger, and division.

It's a move straight out of the drug war textbook.

How is probable cause determined for pulling someone over for being an illegal immigrant?

But you're right, it doesn't matter because cops do what they want anyway. But allowing, by law, an already derisive group of people to arrest/harass people for looking different is just retarded.

20. Ok, so where are the laws requiring regular citizens to carry photo ID, then? You can't come up with one, because there isn't one. Many places have had laws requiring one to vote, but nothing requiring their possession. And let me ask, why is it ok for the government to mandate that you buy somthing? That seems to be something you're against.