Tea Party: Declaration of Independence

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Shade, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Sounds like the tea party movement finally became cognizant of GOP clowns like Palin associating themselves with it.

2. Don't think they will get my vote or respect. Evidently rational thinking is not part of their platform either ...

3. Care to qualify this?

4. What specifically do you find unpalatable in their declaration? Which line items and why?

5. Seriously? What's not rational about their thinking?

6. I love the idea of freedom, but tea parties are as corrupt as the GOP by now.

Paul 2010!
    Paul 2012!
    :hello:

7. as long as sarah Palin is involved in any way with this tea party cult i will have no respect for it. she is a joke and its scary that some people want her to lead a country. i wouldn't trust her to walk my dog, let alone be in a position of power ever again. do you really think the country is going to take the tea party seriously when it is made up of rich white racists? the republican party is redneck enough already, keep the hicks out of office.

8. You didn't read the OP... the GOP advocacy of the Tea Party Movement is a deliberate hijack designed to get you to associate the Neo-conservatism of the GOP with the completely different libertarianism of the Tea Party movement.

9. The Tea Party is forever doomed if it continues down the path of pandering to frothing, warmongering, "law-and-order" types.

Open the floodgates to a younger crowd that understands fully the principles of egalitarianism, social tolerance, and leaving-each-other-the-hell-alone, and they could do a lot of good. Until then, fuck 'em.

10. But if they were rich black racists, or rich mexican racists it would be ok...

11. This tea party is not a movement at all, well maybe it could be called a bowel movement, but nothing more. This thing is nothing more than a cult and we all know how dangerous cults can be.
    Any type of movement in the past has resulted in some sort of posiitive growth. I just don't see the TP (LOL) causing any type of growth at all. Well, growth as in "a growth of HPV warts"...otherwise, no.

Plus everytime I hear the words "tea baggers" well, you know, ball lickers.

12. Chances are you don't even know anything about the Tea Party Movement beyond what the mainstream media told you.

With what part of the platform do you disagree?

13. Could you be anymore juvenile?

14. Except for this document, of course.

15. beautiful

16. The entire group which is dependant on fear mongering, distributing false information, typo laden sign carriers who don't know the first thing about Politics....I could go on and on.

17. The Democratic party?

18. I am not being at all juvenile, rather I am assessing the group by the information I have learned about why they are attempting to exist.
    Beck is an avid believer in their attempts, Palin says she is a fierce defender of the group....need we any more information about what kind of fringe element they are comprised of?

19. Did you even read the OP? I mean, I only skimmed, because it's really laughable and gaudy to ape the original Declaration (I'm looking at you, Elizabeth Cady Stanton), but you should be at least passingly familiar with a subject before discussing it.

20. I have thoroughly read and understand it totally. If I did not I would not have been capable of forming my own opinions of the party. In this declaration of independence there are the imaginary problems listed and reiterated many times over yet there are no viable solutions offered.
    The whole page of uninformed drivel smacks of a first year Political Science major who had only recently been exposed to their unsubstantiated viewpoints. Just as other college students in the past have attempted to start a rebellious movement to oppose the elected Government and it's current Administration, it will only serve to cause undue troubles while offering no answers to the problems it lists.