I'm not a birther, but this is strange

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Oct 15, 2009.

1. #1 Dronetek, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    This is making its rounds on the internet today. I don't have an opinion either way about the birther conspiracy. I must say this is strange. Why would an AP article claim hes Kenyan born back in 2004?

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

[​IMG]

Apparently, this article was done during the Obama/Keys debates where Obama admits hes not a natural born citizen.

AP declares Obama “Kenyan-Born”! «

I honestly have no idea. I'll leave it up to you all to decide. My question is why an AP reporter would put that in the headline and nobody change it if its not true.

2. Reporters get facts wrong all. the. time.

He's produced a birth certificate. Beyond that, I have no idea what he could possibly do to prove that he was born in this country. There will always be people who won't believe it.

3. Like I said, I don't know enough about it to form an informed opinion. I just thought I'd throw it out there since its getting so much attention.

As far as the birth certificate, if he showed it then what is he paying lawyers to keep buried? I honestly have no idea.

4. are you sure he's paying a lawyer to "bury" something? maybe he's just paying a lawyer to deal with these accusations as they arise.

if i were in his position and if these allegations were flying around i'd pay a lawyer to deal with them as well.

5. What's the source there on that? I found what appears to be a transcript of the debate; there is no such "admission" on Obama's part. There's video of this October 2004 debate out there. Can you point me to a transcript or video of Obama saying he is not a natural-born citizen?

This appears to be pure internet fabrication. This is a blog; there's no actual journalistic credibility.

6. I agree, there are anomalies. For instance Obama's name is misspelled a few times. Like I said, it could be a complete hoax for all I know.

7. It is a hoax. I mean, there's videos of the debate all over youtube; there's a transcript of the debate. Surely someone would have found the bit where Obama says he's not a natural born citizen.

I mean, I could write on a blog right now that Obama said in 2004 during a debate with Alan Keyes that he sometimes likes to put on makeup and wear women's clothing around the house. Wouldn't make it true.

It's a strange error on the AP's as far as I can tell. But nothing more than that.

8. The birth certificate that was provided was a Hawaiian birth certificate that was missing important information. Hawaii is also unique in that because they have so many rural (rather than hospital) births, the mother only has to go down to the town hall and request a birth certificate to be given one. A Hawaiian birth certificate with missing information isn't proof of anything.

Just saying.

(not that it matters where puppets are born anyways)

9. Yea, it's strange, but this is a non-issue to me. I don't care where he was born unless it's something really exotic like another planet. :cool:

10. So THATS why he wanted to bomb the moon!

11. That, sir, is hilarious :laughing:

Forget Afghanistan, Obama is going interplanetary

12. #12 TheDankery, Oct 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2009
    So I commented on the story on this guy's blog. He needs a source for this claim regarding the Obama-Keyes debate. Also, he needs to run spell-check once in a while. It fucks up any sense of credibility that one might try to cultivate when you can't spell the word "about" correctly.

But, did you guys hear George Bush has a vagina? It's true. I read it on a blog somewhere. He mentioned his vagina once to a New York Times reporter when he was running for Governor. True story. Only his lawyers have covered it up now. But the truth remains.

13. wherever he was born isnt gonna change his puppet status

14. #14 TheDankery, Oct 16, 2009
    I LOL'd at the latest post... it's just a very bizarre piece of journalism.

This fucking idiot "journalist" cites a post on stormfront as "evidence"...

Wow, so he cites a post on a white supremacist website as "news of the exchange" and evidence in favor of "the internet rumor that turned out to be truth".

That's pathetic. Is this "John Carlton" creature serious?

15. It don't matter that this point. It don't matter a hill of beans.

I don't care if they find a photo of little baby Obama in a basket in Nairobi.

It don't matter if he comes out and admits that he lied and made it all up.

Obama is not leaving office for nothing.

They done gave the man a Peace Price; plus he's been nominated for an Oscar. :rolleyes:

He ain't going nowhere.

16. #16 TheDankery, Oct 16, 2009
    So his "evidence" is that someone told him they saw a debate on TV in which Obama said he was not a natural born citizen, and yet no one can find a video or transcript of this occurring. He has no sources for his claims. He cites a white supremacy forum as though it lends any sort of validity to his rumors. He must be no more than perhaps 14 or 15 years old.

vice president Biden has female sex organs and breasts. There, I said it. He mentioned it to Palin in 2008 at their final debate. But don't bother looking for that because it's been edited out of every transcript and video that exists. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Why won't Biden answer the rumors that he has lady parts?

17. A judge in California is taking the case.

18. #18 AK Infinity, Oct 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2009

QFT!

The amount of stupidity surrounding the "birth records" of this president is astonishing. I'm beginning think that there's no hope for the "birthers" except as door stops or mulch. I imagine grass would grow much better with that much shit on it. After a while it becomes pointless to debate irrational minds because no matter what's said or how cogent a fact, a warped brain sees only what it wishes and resists all attempts to be persuaded otherwise.

19. Well, look at the success of truthers. After 8 years of truthers, 60% of Democrats believed Bush had something to do with 9/11.

For fuck sake, just let the thread die. I regret making it.

20. I think the key difference would be the fact that our figureheads, our maher's, our stewarts, didn't give any credence to the truther bs.

I mean Bill Maher threw a group of truthers out of his studio for causing a ruckus himself.