Thomas Friedman's Hypocrisy on 'Far Right' Dangerously Delegitimizing Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Thomas Friedman is another one of these guys who likes to sway which ever way the wind blows and the media love him for it. They regularly trot him out as some kind of uber expert on anything involving national politics. The truth is, hes just another media tool.

In this latest example, he employs a common media tactic of re-writing history by simply forgetting the past. We all know that the media was quite vitriolic towards Bush from the beginning. Challenging his legitimacy as president for the entire 8 years. Yet certain people in the media have apparently developed amnesia and cease ever mentioning their behavior over the last 8 years. I assume they think the people watching will just forget?

Where Did ‘We’ Go?
    A few things I want to point out in this paragraph. First he accuses "right wing" of depicting Obama as a Nazi, but the most prominent of these has been the left wing LaRouchers. Even so, we all know that depicting Bush as Hitler was a staple from the very start and it was supported by the MSM

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WQbNaXJ8Pw"]YouTube - Susan Roesgen CNN: Bush Hitler OK Obama Hitler NO?!?![/ame]

Continuing...

Either Friedman took a blow to the head and has lost his lost term memory, or hes purposely being misleading. I'm going with the latter.

Victor David Hanson said it better then I could:

The Rise of the Uncouth
    I'd only argue with Hanson on his recollection of when the Bush hate fest began. I remember violent protests at his first inauguration....

2. What an idiot. Also, it's not surprising that the all-too immature leftists (Who remain unnamed, but it's quite obvious who I'm alluding to) are surprisingly quiet on this front.

3. eh 5 years, 6 tops

4. How can Obama be compared to Rabin? Wasn't Rabin for peace? Didn't he go against the Zionist establishment?

I don't think Obama has anything to worry about, so long as he keeps doing his job.

5. was he ever legitimate to begin with?

6. yeah thats all fine and dandy but also do you remember the response to critiscms of Bush? "why do you hate america" "love it or leave it" "your a traitor" all that shit.

We just have to accept that most politicians are not interested in rationally debating things, they just want to decieve the mass public to get them on their side, and they will use any means possible to do so.

7. Wow you posted two sentences, want a cookie?

8. You posted one. ;)

9. You can count.:)

10. Dickie why are you attacking me, unprovoked!?

11. This is the politics section dude. People walk around with flamethrows spewing napalm at anyone who opens their mouth, don't worry... it's quite common here to have your opinions engulfed in fire ;)

12. c'mon y'all..

i know we're all passionate about what we think is right.. but lets keep it somewhat civil please.
    all of you are good members in here, so let's not lose anyone over stupid bullshit.

13. #13 letsgetPOD, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    I knew it, Friedman has always been a puppet for the globalists, his book the world is flat spelled it out, he is for a new international order, God help the people that get fooled by these so called authors and 'experts'

14. #14 TheDankery, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2009
    Thomas Friedman sucks, basically. Half of the people on this board can write better than him. He sucks for this lame story, amongst many other things. A typical member of the liberal elite looking out for the other liberal elite.

Also, to echo the sentiment others have made; when was Obama legit? He's not half as legit as Hammer is now.

Edit: It's possible he was legit when he was in college doing coke & smoking reefer all those years ago, but currently his legitness is questionable without a doubt