Little brother wrote a blog on Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Believeinapathy, Jun 17, 2009.

1. #2 aaronman, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009
    Your brother should probably learn about Iran before blogging on it.

He obviously has no idea of the situation, short of watching US media...

But kudos to him for trying to do something good. :smoke:

edit: Apparently he wants Obama to invade Iran. Looks like the media blitz worked. :rolleyes:

Tell him to look into Diebold before he goes out trying to save foreign democratic nations.

2. Wow. I'm pretty sick of this Iran stuff already.

3. Iran's fucking exciting bro!!!
    j/k

4. What does your brother want Barack (Yes, I am on a first name basis) to do? there is no evidence right now except for some unexpected results. If Barack were to say ahmadinejad's re-election a fraud, and it wasnt', it would be worse than bush's mission accomplished speech.

5. The results aren't even that unexpected. Ahmidinejad is extraordinarily popular among lower-class, rural Iranians...

6. I know, I actually believe he legitimately won the election..

7. The votes weren't even monitored. The office of internal affairs even ended up calling Mousavi to tell him to prepare his acceptance speech and to not make it too harsh against Ahmadinejad.

Why Ahmadinejad Did Not Win – tehranbureau

Learn the truth. Im surprised how apathetic you blades are. I thought all that weed smoking would atleast provide some thoughts of hope and peace.

8. #9 Gooch_Goblin69, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2009

Dude they announced the results before the polls had closed and Mosavi lost in his home town (%30-%70) where he had massive support pre-election and he was leading among the young, the middle class, the rich, the college grads. how then did Ahmidinejah win in big cities where their are tons of rural iranians?? Now to be fair their are lots of poor their to but do you think in a big city they outnumber the rich, middle class, the young and college grads? Where the voting results shower a 2-1 vote infavor of Ahmidinejad?

I know you don't want a war with iran and neither do I but if i had to guess Ahminejad rigged the election. Just cause you don't want war doesn't mean you should support that tyranical bastard, he might have won he might not have but to me it seems something foul is afoot.

Does this mean we should invade, No. If he gets even more extreme and launched an attack on the Us or an ally should we invade. yes.

9. Democracy is overrated. Is Mousavi really that different than Ahmadinejad? I highly doubt it. Iran will be a repressive theocracy no matter who the President (who isn't even the top dog) is.

And when the religious minority groups that the U.S. is currently supporting turn out to be just as crazy as the current Iranian regime in 10 years, I'll be laughing.

Iran's election process has nothing to do with me, why should I be anything but apathetic? The only thing I care about is what my country is doing regarding the situation. And knowing them, it's probably no good.

10. Mousavi's policies and politics are very much different then Ahmadinejad. Its like saying it wouldnt make a difference whether Obama or McCain were in office. And about the apathy, well i guess we just have our priorities in a different order. You care about YOURSELF and i care about HUMANITY. Thats the only difference I see here.

11. I said that all along.

12. Says the person advocating their brothers support for the US to invade Iran?

What the fuck?

13. I'm pretty sure he specifically states that he doesn't want to invade Iran. How about you read the blog before you make judgements.

14. What exactly does your brother (under 18) propose that we do? Go over there and have a recount? Prop up a dictator that suites our temporary needs?

" If a corrupt leader runs a rigged election, in no way should this person be held to any type of high regard."

If you haven't noticed, we don't exactly hold Iran in high regard unless they are at war with one of our enemies. America meddling in this problem isn't going to fix anything

15. Honestly, its not meddling. Its supporting oppressed people from a tyrannic government. I think what me and my brother want is the president to take a definite side and make a statement along the lines of "America wants a recount"

16. That wont change anything

We don't have influence over the Iranian people, if anything they will just view us as they already do, arrogant meddlers.

17. I'm pretty sure the supporters would be more then happy if Obama voiced his opinion that the united states is not going to support the mockery of that election.

18. I'm pretty sure it doesn't say that, actually. If it does, could you show it to me?

Doesn't anyone here think that we have done enough "democracy promotion"? I'm pretty sure that wherever we "promote democracy" we kill thousands of innocent people, convince people all Americans are jackasses, and piss me off.

19. "I'm not saying we declare war or anything drastic, just let the reformists know that we support their push for freedom and democracy."

And since when is promoting democracy and freedom a bad thing? Isn't that exactly what were supposed to strive for? Freedom, democracy, equality, human rights, etc. Call me an idealist but I believe that everyone should have the same rights we here in America have.