Obama bows to saudi king; denies it.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Dronetek, Apr 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2009
    We have here Barack Obama bowing to a king, which has never happened in our history. Not only that, but a Muslim king. Obama did not bow to Queen Elizabeth. To make things worse, Obama is now denying that he bowed, when its very clear thats exactly what he did.

What the fuck is going on here? Sure, Bush held his hand, but you have to realize the significance of a US president bowing to royalty. Its not done, because we are not the subjects of any king. A peer does not bow to a king.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEUif1--r38]YouTube - Did Obama bow to Saudi King Abdullah, or was he cleaning the floor?[/ame]

Clearly, a deep bow. A subservient show of weakness. Now he denies it as if we're all a bunch of idiots.

[​IMG]

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0409/White_House_No_bow_to_Saudi.html

2. Didn't bow and should have bowed to the queen mother and for sure should not have bowed to Some haji warlord criminal fuck

3. why should he have bowed to the queen? the fact that there even is a queen in england still is pretty pathetic. nobody should inflate her ego anymore than it already is.

4. He shouldn't have bowed to the queen. No US president has ever bowed to royalty. we just don't do it....

5. shouldn't have bowed period. that is disappointing

-C

6. Is this really such a big deal (The bowing part), lying is just stupid, who is he trying to fool?

7. #7 safariari, Apr 9, 2009
    The same people he fooled into getting himself elected...

The bowing part, really not a big deal in my book (so what if this guy is a warlord, we don't have a perfect record, either). I'm not sure what the standard protocol is as to bowing to foreign heads of state, and, frankly, I couldn't care less. It was a gesture. Out of respect. BFD. We need to get off our fucking high horse here and show some courtesy, even if we are AMERICA.

The lying part, however, just further proves to me how spineless Obama is.

8. Obama was a little jumpy from the ceremonial gunfire in Turkey

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzbqdaeJ8Ok&feature=related]YouTube - Obama's Fear at Turkey visit[/ame]

9. #9 Dronetek, Apr 9, 2009
    The media is scrambling to his rescue.

Video:
    Eyeblast.tv
    :rolleyes:

"He bends at the waist, but was it a bow?"

10. if i was america's first non-white president, i'd be a little jumpy all the time too

11. Probably from all the coke he did in his youth...

Yet marijuana is a laughing matter to him...

12. They probably thought it was funny, beacuse in Islam you are forbidden to bow to anyone/thing but God.

13. #13 M O IK IK I IE, Apr 9, 2009

I do see where your coming from, but it seems more like he was just tring to be respectful, in turn he mistakingly called the sauid warlord... a god

14. Now imagine Bush had made the mistake. This would be yet more proof of his idiocy, right?

15. It doesn't really offend me, I'm more embarassed for Obama than America. What I don't get is how he wasn't familiarized with protocol...

16. Apparently a lot of Americans were confused on just how inexperienced he was too, thus, his election.
    lol

WERD

17. #17 poncho, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
    im surprised he lied about it. thats fucked up. but why the hell does it matter that he bowed?

if a leader of a nation is visiting another nation, on their ground, you show respect to them. thats how it is. everyone in the world has different customs, if thats how a leader of a country expects respect, thats how you give it to him. youre visiting HIS country. if he came here, he'd show respect to obama too..

fuckin duh

18. he grew up a muslim. this is out of respect to a muslim king. i am a muslim and i know this. i love how you all can freely talk shit about your presidents, go to saudi arabia and try that shit with the king.

19. Oh god, my president bows to muslim kings?
    HOWEVER WILL I WAKE UP IN THE MORNING KNOWING THIS?

20. Where do you live? I read that bowing to anybody but Allah is blasphemy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.