Obama Will End the Raids!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Justice Dept will end Medical Marijuana Raids, Holder says

:hello:

2. Yay. Now all I need is a disease. Does substance abuse count?

3. Theres a switch, actually doing something you said you were going to do.:D

4. Just say you have a headache, insomnia, or back pain. :)

5. this is good news, and a good step.
    maybe he'll legalize it instead of just turning a blind eye to what is still considered illegal according to federal law.

6. its about time!

7. I am glad that he followed through on his campaign promise.

Frankly, for the past few months I have been skeptical that he would do anything like that.

I guess this is the only thread in the politics section that'll bring together both sides of the spectrum...haha.

I say that now, but I'll come back in a day and the thread will have turned into a war on the effectiveness of xanax.

8. Lol, or Marinol. I bet he'll force us to use Marinol! :devious:

Yea, this is good stuff from Obama, shows he listens somewhat to his base...

still holding my breath though. :smoke:

9. I'm working on being positive. We've got four years of him... so let's see what else he's got up his sleeves.

He might just have a popular mandate enough to take on the Fed. No one can say for sure.

And like you or someone else said, he doesn't shut Ron Paul up... maybe he'll get the credit for the change, but Ron Paul will be the guy who really stood up for what he believed was right.

I hope so. :)

10. I don't necessarily agree with everything Ron Paul says, though I believe I would've voted for him.

Gotta say the man has balls. Granted he knew there was enough support out there for his ideas...but still, at his age, he pretty much put his career on the line and it ended up paying off IMO.

And Aaronman: I thought marional was exactly like weed? :confused:
    :smoke:

11. Its synthesized THC. The DEA loves it, its taxable and profitable for pharmaceuticals, and it is proven not as effective as the real thing.

It would be a sad day if we were forced to accept marinol as medicine over the plant.

12. i will kill the head of the DEA on that day.
    watch me. I'll be on the news.

13. #14 CREAM, Mar 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
    Oh I totally know, I was just kidding around.

But yea, the notion that marinol is the same thing is a joke.

"Marijuana turns its users into bloodthirsty animals!"

14. While I love this Obama is overstretching power bestowed upon him, jelly can't just tell the DEA to look the other way. He needs to sign legislation protecting medical marijuana or just decriminalize it federally. He has a limited time in office, 8 years at best, of he is serious he will do more than this.

15. Marinol is synthetic THC, and THC alone, whereas weed has like 60 known pharmacologically-active cannabinoids. THC is actually not the most interesting or useful substance in marijuana.