Best Obama quote ever

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxrule, Feb 18, 2009.

1. What's your favorite Obama quote?

Today he coughed up my favorite...

No shit Obama, no fucking shit. :rolleyes:

2. Lol, what happened, the truth slip out.

My personal fav...“Over the last 15 months, we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in 57 states?":D

3. Some classics

"You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

"I ceased to advertise my mother's race at the age of twelve or thirteen, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites."

"I found solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother's race."

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

"We need somebody who's got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it's like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it's like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old - and that's the criterion by which I'll be selecting my judges."

"That's just how white folks will do you."

Keep the change, I'll stick to my guns and religion thank you.

4. I know! last year, he claim there was 51 states!

HELLO PEOPLE, are you guys hearing this?
    oh right, you too busy jacking off front of obama.

5. :eek: president cuts!

Where obama nanny? she gonna smack him in the head

6. i heard that quote in the OP yesterday too

suddenly i had a feeling that the history channel will be using that quote in another 30 years to re-tell the story of america's end

7. what about the one where he visited the tornado destroyed town to give a speech, and said "10,000 people lost their lives here last week" the actual figure was closer to ten.
    this is nanci peloci, but a few weeks ago she said "two hundred and fifty million jobs will be lost every day we wait to sign the stimulous"
    i think liberals have that mentality if they tell themselves it enough, it will be true

8. it's just more fear mongering by this administration.. Bush used terrorists, and Obama will use dollars (and terrorists)

9. And maybe more?

we'll see.

10. I find it amusing that guys like you can't see the connection between legalized weapons and being one of the most violent countries in the world...

11. do you think that the people who use guns to commit crimes (rape, murder, robbery etc) actually get their firearms through legal channels?
    Like do they go into a gunshop and fill out the paperwork, and get fingerprinted right before they commit a crime?

12. Well, in Denmark firearms are illegal and every time a gunshot is fired from a person without a hunting certificat it hits the news and the whole country is shocked. Except for hunters and shooting ranges we only have like 5 gunshots a year (except the last couple of years because two illegal groups are fighting over who should sell drugs). Even our police officers don't use their guns (an officer did it once a year ago and got hell for it)..

13. Americas violence is unique to America. Other countries have gun licensing similar to ours but do not experience the same gun violence. We have more gangs and diversity than anywhere else. We also create laws that disproportionately affect minorities, such as drug laws, and this riddles their communities with crime. DC is the most violent, and has the highest proportion of minorities in the country.

There is mounds of evidence that support legalization and regulation of firearms as safer than prohibition. The kind of people that use weapons illegaly will have no problem finding them on the black market, and the kind of people that use their weapons lawfully will not. You would only be tipping the hand in favor of criminals if you prohibited weapons.

You being from Denmark and trying to compare yourself to the United States is like me being from Connecticut and comparing my state to the United States. Every state has different gun laws, and every state has different levels of violence.

14. cool man..

i'm just not convinced that if guns in the US were completely outlawed that criminals would just stop being criminals. A murderer is still going to murder whether he can get a gun or not.

that's just my opinion though..

15. I admit I might be wrong. Though please consider this scenario: an american wants to feel safe and subscribes for a gun license. He's put through several tests and declared too mentally unstable to own a gun. However he still wants to feel safe, so naturally he'll try to get hold of a gun illegaly. He gets his gun. He always carry his gun on him (let's just say he's from Utah). He has an argument with his friend and his mental condition triggers him to kill him.

In denmark that story would end quickly: a dane wants to feel safe.

16. The 2nd Amendment was put in there so the citizens have a weapon against the government.
    I've said this before but want to know why Japan didn't invade us or try to?

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
    There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
    - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    (Japanese Navy)

17. Well, that amendmend could have been misunderstood. "Everyone has the rights to bear arms" could mean rights to guns or rights to have a bear's arms hanging on your wall.

(joke)

18. Yeah but a School/Office Stabbing is a lot harder to do than a School/Office Shooting.

But eh, I'm a Canadian.