Obama's new energy secretary seen campaigning with McCain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by IGOTJOINTS4YA, Nov 8, 2008.

1. #1 IGOTJOINTS4YA, Nov 8, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2008
  2. Maybe he'll get those skinny arms and legs in shape! :eek::D

3. Great. Just what we need: an "energy secretary" who sees environmentalism as a way to boost the economy. Asshole.

4. Why is that a bad thing?

America is desperate for a new industry...

5. I heard a rumor that I loved, the government was going to work with the oil companies that had the patents on the batteries that could make eletric cars practical now, and might work out a deal to where only US auto makers could reap the reward of the patent. That would kill japanese market shares because American car companies would shoot ahead in tech advance, instantly catipolting the US car makers back on top agian.

I love that idea, it's totally legal and it is best for America.

6. I think it has something to do with the hope diamond...

7. I want hydrogen cars.

8. I agree. I think Obama's plan to turn green energy into a new industry for the United States is a brilliant idea on many levels.

9. I think Obama's plan is two-fold and subtle. 1. Take Arnold out of California so we can get some Democratic work done here, and 2. Get Arnold's national ambitions satisfied while having him do something serious abut energy for the whole country.

10. I hardly think limiting competition is whats best for america (go see the tucker torpedo for evidence of what i'm talking about) but I think deperate times call for desperate measures.

11. I'm sure Arnold will be a great energy sec.

he handled that whole Enron mess really well :rolleyes:

12. [​IMG]
    I think Cali electing a republican has more to do with the same reason why Canada elected a conservative for the Executive branch. It is what is best suited for the country, the outrageous spending over the years and the over-extended population growth has caused problems in the state. Really Arnold is just making it so you guys can afford what you got know, for example, the rising cost of prisons and the over population. Arny got rid of the weight benches and I heard sold them for scrap. You guys need a conservative to make it so all the shit you guys got now can be substained.

I wish I had the privelage to have a pro-marijuana republican as my governor...instead I get this.

You guys got mr. fucking olympian for christ sake, and he is actually good politician.

/end rant

The tucker torpedo was a totally different animal, the japanese did the same thing with there car companies that I was advocating.

The government there taxed them low and in doing so they invested almost all there profits into fuel economy research. That is why they are market leaders, I am just advocating that. The government always use eminet domain if the oil companies did not fess up the patent, holding monopolies over new ideas are not in the best interest of the American people and even though they are not doing anything illegal, they are still not working in the best interest of the American people and in doing so the property over the rights of batteries could be siezed.

13. Hey man, i'm with you! I just expressed some reservations.

Also, I think California picked Arnie because they're not afraid to elect a smart conservative. Plus, you guys are buttarded for some actors turned politicians.

14. I consider the way that a particular strategy is devised before I consider an actual strategy and it's purpose. I'm an idealist, and am highly emotional, so, for me, the fact a human obligation would be determined to be a high priority (and so long after it should have been), solely on the basis that it could generate capital and therefore stimulate a smoldering economy, frankly, saddens me.

I understand it is reality, and sure, I can appreciate the opportunity. I'm not an idiot. I just wish that we could tackle such issues without separate, less admirable goals (like keeping modern Capitalism and pseudo-democracy at the forefront of the way that our society perceives a system of government).

15. I want flying cars :p

I can´t take Arnold seriously as a politician, I just keep imagining him debating someone and when he sees he´s losing, just breaking the other person in half or something lol

16. If you would stop and realise it was capitalism that ushered in the industrial revolution and has payed for the trips to the moon you would realise how benificial it is in the long run. Capitalism is a holds ecosystem in which technological advances strive more than any other society.

Basically you are argueing semantics.

Atleast the giving of patents to american car companies would allow some car companies the chance. Technically it is the american car companies that invested into hydrogen research and they took big losses for that. They went from one of the largest companies in america to now needing to either merge with an equally shit-luck american car franchise or get a bailout. Giving them an advantage to get back on there feet might save americans billions and positively effect the way we use cars in america and around the world.

17. It was a recall (not general) election. Over 100 candidates on ballot, winner take all. No minimum percentile.

18. I agree with more free education, but also a more regulated market. The principle of the market is its autonomy, but its autonomy is threatened by cheaters.