Malala Yousafzai tells Obama drones are fueling terrorism

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Oct 14, 2013.

1. http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/10/11/205176/obama-and-first-lady-meet-with.html
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Drone strikes are the best thing, or maybe the only thing, Obama has done right.  If those "innocent" people didn't hang with the chicken shit terrorist they wouldn't have to worry about drones. The targeted ones don't give a shit if their family dies because of their actions.  The people targeted create far more terrorist than drones.  Build more drones.

3. I really hope you're not serious.

[​IMG]

5. #5 Cactus Ed, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Zach's a good comic.  Look, you can't talk a Jihadist out of his lifestyle, he must be killed. Exterminated. Purged from the world and helped along in his quest for paradise.  Do I sound serious?  If you think not, think again.  I'm as gentle a person as you can find except I have little sympathy for those who would shoot little girls in the head, and those that hang out with them.  If you do then you have no compassion.

6. The fact that you think that the 4700 (I believe that is the number) of innocent people who have been killed by American drones, are all "hanging" out with these terrorists, and cant possibly be innocent bystanders in anyway, is highly disturbing. And you have the fucking nerve to say that I have no compassion.

So I guess the 16 year old American who was killed was a terrorist, or just "hanging" out with them, right? All the children killed were just "hanging" out with the terrorists, right?

I am done, either you are a troll, or have mental health problems for advocating such violence against complete innocents.

7. #8 Carne Seca, Oct 15, 2013

Your death toll number is a tad inflated.  First, let me start off by saying even one innocent death is too many.  Pakistan has been saying for years that dozens of innocent civilians are dying every week from drone strikes.  A recently leaked internal Pakistan government document admitted that the numbers are lower than officially stated.  of the 742 deaths from drone strikes from 2006 to 2009  (this includes the Bush years) 142 of them were civilians.  According to the numbers more civilians died during the Bush administration than the Obama administration.  Plus the death toll is steadily declining.  

I despise the use of drone strikes and the misery they cause innocent people.  It violates the sovereignty of nations and (as far as I'm concerned) human rights.  That's the real issue.  Not this the-scary-black-man-who-is-going-to-take-all-your-stuff hate campaign.  

addendum:  just wanted to put some perspective into the thread.  During the Iraq war documented civilian deaths from violence were between 114,973 and 126,121.  A war that began because of a lie.  A war with American casualties at over 36,000.  No one says anything about that.  Not a thing has been done.  Yet people are screaming for Obama's blood over the drones.  The drone program that started under the Bush administration.  The same administration that took us into Iraq.  Pure hypocrisy. 

8. #9 goober0331, Oct 15, 2013
    Can you not show you're bias and put your anti-Repub pro Obama spin on everything? And I dont care about your registered Republican status. it doesnt mean anything.

It's well know that Obama has vastly increased the drone program and his use of drones, so please, please show me the evidence that A. more civilians died under Bush from drones and B. that the numbers are declining, and C what the "actual" numbers are.

People around here hate what Bush did, so again stop playing this weak biased anti-Repub card over and over again. He isnt the current president, but there is another blood hungry fool leading the party, so sorry for people aiming their sights at him.

I just realized I dont care, since arguing with someone over whether Obama or Bush killed more people is stupid. You dont have to dig that deep to see that anywhere between 2800-3500 people have been killed in Pakistan alone since 2004, and seeing how it can be nearly impossible to determine if someone is a militant or not, the civilian-to-terrorist ratio has to be off. So we're never going to know the exact numbers, but without question Obama has accelerated his use of drones thoughout the Middle East, something which Bush started.

Then go do it yourself instead of hiring someone and calling them government. Leave my money and my name out of it or you sound just as bad as the ones you pin the title "bad guy" to without ever knowing each individual being killed. Would you consider yourself too eligible to be exterminated? You sound just as nuts except you're too chicken to do it yourself. 

10. Your stats are a bit biased in the sense of yes in the last 2 years of the Bush admin they killed more ppl with Drones then in the first year of Obamas term. What if you look at the numbers of All of Obamas first term vs all of Bushes last. See who has killed more.

The real hypocrisy is that Obama the "Hope and Change" tried to extend our stay in Iraq after it was known that no WMDs are there. Or the fact that Obama protected the war criminals from the Bush admin and has accelerated almost all the shitty policies put in place by Bush and his stooges.

You hate Bush but love Obama, policy wise I don't see much difference.

11. Who the hell are you arguing with I haven't seen anyone here defend George Bush, forget NSA disinfo agent this guy sounds like he was just straight up hired by the democratic party to spread lies. George Bush and Barrack Obama should share the same cell. They are both mass murderers and evil twisted liars.

12. It seems I hit a nerve... or two.  

13. More like the nerve of confusion 

wut?  (kidding)

15. I don't remember bringing up your name and I'd bet you don't pay taxes so you have no money in it. I was a combat medic,1st Cav,Viet Nam. I could be wrong, I admit, but I'm certainly not chicken and that makes you and your opinion worthless as they are based on your imagination. War should be all or nothing. The whole "war on terror" was a stupid concept from the beginning and I cringed when I heard Bush announce it.  Westerners just don't have what it takes to finalize the issue.  I'm trying to be nice and say what I feel in a way considerate of your feelings so I've put a bit of a happy face on how I really feel.  I'll certainly read any replies you may have, but I'm back to staying out of the politics forums. Too frustrating.  And I do consider myself among the group that shouldn't be exterminated.  Don't you?

16. #17 lilro, Oct 15, 2013

Because terrorists buy their groceries at terrorist grocery stores and get their coffee from terrorist coffee shops. Nope, they are never around innocent people. Just other terrorists 24/7. If you find yourself in the vicinity of a terrorist, you must be a terrorist too. Over 3 thousand terrorists died on 9/11. If your biological father might be a terrorist, and your blood uncle might be a terrorist, and you're just a kid spending time with your family, you're probably a terrorist in training and need to die too.

/sarcasm

I do, so it looks like your assumptions are off to a bad start.

I could care less which tool you were in that war, you are still chicken if you favor the idea of droning people you don't know which is funded by the robbery of citizens living within these borders. You could be Rambo for all I care, its still chicken shit in my opinion.  

18. You are allowed to have an opinion.

19. I sent Obama/The White House an e-mail about what I think of their drone strikes.

I'm probably on a no-fly list. lol