New Xbox By Nsa Partner Microsoft Will Watch You 24/7

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jun 8, 2013.

1. I really am disappointed with microsoft, especially the online feature. Seriously? What if people don't have the internet, and want to play only single player games ? I just find that obnoxious. 

I am undecided what I want to do. Because I have always been more of an Xbox fan, but I also have a PS3, and it isn't all that bad. I jut prefer the 360, but the Xbox One is so far not all I wanted it to be. I expected the fact that they waited longer to make them better than the PS4, but that did not seem to be the case. 

Not entirely true. In a capitalist society, capital is power. Consumers may collectively have power but an individual consumer doesn't have the same amount of power as an individual capitalist (as in someone who uses his capital to accumulate more capital).

3. I have been an xbox fan since its creation. I have always thought Xbox was better then PlayStation. With the New gen coming out Xboxes own marketing and features are what is selling me on PS4. Fuck them watching me through Kenect, fuck them making me have an internet connection and most of all(thing that sealed the deal) fuck them trying to kill the used game market. Xbox has beat sony on every release, but I think this time Xbox dug thier own grave.

Although from the E3 footage I think Xbox One has an edge graphics wise.

How are they trying to kill the used game market? I wasn't planning on buying it (I'm a PS guy) but most of my games are borrowed. I own 2 games and have played plenty. Some borrowed from friends, some rented from the library (2 euros for 3 weeks, awesome deal and pretty new games).

5. #65 Turin, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    You have to register the game to you're console and when you do that, no one else can play that disc without paying the full price for the game.

Damn... I hope people boycott xbox.

7. I was aware of this when I preordered the xbox one today. 

Shit's futile.  Hoping they just send a drone strike to my house the day I get the xbox.  We live in a fucked up world, no need for time spent waiting for the inevitable.  We will all be in digital chains soon.  At least with a drone strike, I wont see it coming or feel it, for long at least.

Lol.

Ignorance IS bliss.  Everytime I get into this "conspiracy" type shit, I'm hating the world.  When Im just doing my thing, whatever it may be, that makes me happy, everything is good.  Idk where im going with this.  Time to leave work and chill with my friend.

Cheers!

8. Not entirely true. In a capitalist society, capital is power. Consumers may collectively have power but an individual consumer doesn't have the same amount of power as an individual capitalist (as in someone who uses his capital to accumulate more capital).
    </blockquote>
    A few things to take into account though.

As has always been the case money is power. And the more power, the bigger your empire, the more likely you are to fall.

The reason we have super elites, is because super elites are protected by the government, which is supported by the people.

Super elites couldn't exist in free market capitalism because they are reliant on workers and consumers.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I decided not to get an Xbox. Not because of the spying thing.

Because if the expensive live membership, the removal of offline play, the incessant reluctance to produce split screen games, the destruction of Tue used game market.

IM.done with xbox

Yeah that's why I said it's not entirely true instead of completely false. Workers and consumers can be bought with money though, through wages and advertising respectively. I see no reason why "super elites" (if I understand the term correctly, as just ridiculously rich people) couldn't exist in a free market society.

PS: Why do you often spell "Tue" instead of "the"? I've seen it a number of times. Not that I mind, just curious.

11. Yeah that's why I said it's not entirely true instead of completely false. Workers and consumers can be bought with money though, through wages and advertising respectively. I see no reason why "super elites" (if I understand the term correctly, as just ridiculously rich people) couldn't exist in a free market society.

PS: Why do you often spell "Tue" instead of "the"? I've seen it a number of times. Not that I mind, just curious.
    </blockquote>
    Tue is a auto correct on my phone. Idle what it mean. But if i accidentally type Tue it just capitalized the t instead of fixing it to the

I guess it's Tue for Tuesday.

13. I'm hardly the capitalist... but I do believe that a capitalist utilizes his capital in order to net a profit, which is only possible by satisfying the wants of the consumer. Which is a win-win, mutually beneficial transaction.

I don't believe it is entirely accurate to label a capitalist as someone who uses capital to accumulate more capital. There is such a thing as having too much capital. 

14. I know how you feel. I fell in love with the 360 controller when I flipped from the PS2 over to Microsoft. Now it's back full circle.

15. I guess it's Tue for Tuesday.
    </blockquote>o yea.

And on to the other point.

The reason super elites can't exist without the government, is because in order to become super elite, one must scam people. They need the government to squash competition for them.

If the government didn't have power, workers and consumer could simply unite and take down an evil corperation.

In America, wallmart workers can't simply quit. Wall mart treats their workers like shit. But there are few jobs availible and wallmart has secured a monopoly.

How did wallmart secure a monopoly? By lobying Congress to pass laws that make small buisnesses go bankrupt. Things like liscencing and minimum wage and regulations and subsidies, are all laws that interfer with the market and help Mega corps stay in power.

Farmers get tax breaks if they grow giant fields of corn. Companies who can't afford liscenses and taxes go out if buisness. That buisness goes to the already large super corps.

Thanks to regulations its cheaper for wallmart to build a toy across the planet, ship it across the ocean, and pay someone 9$ an hour to stock and sell it; then for a toymaker to just make it and sell it from his garage.

16. Member those guys who stand in line all night to buy the system only to smash it outside in front of the guys still waiting in line?

Love those guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anHkwBYH-bY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

17. If you have a web cam do you think they watch us on our lap/desktops too?

18. If the light is on, then the camera is active. If you don't have a program open that uses your camera but the light's on, you could be watched . I'd say there's a higher chance of it being a black hat hacker than the government though. 

19. Dude players play your console and stop complaining. Sounds like a bunch of pussies fuckin complaining about the nsa. Get the fuck over it. Big brother has always been watching..... he knows when we masturbate trust me =)

20. #80 Johnny Cash, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2013

Your whole premise is dependant on this sentence. "If the government didn't have power, workers and consumer could simply unite and take down an evil corperation." I think the word "simply" is out of place. If you have enough money, you can get away with lots of shit and manipulate lots of people with or without a government. Bigger businesses make more profit than smaller businesses and they have more power with or without a government. They have a more efficient infrastructure which means they can sell their goods cheaper. They can advertise on a huge scale. They can offer a wider variety of goods and a high degree of standardization. Consumers and workers don't simply unite against such corporations for these reasons, among others. People like their iPhones, they like Walmart and they like Microsoft.

I'm curious to see what happens with the Xbox One. This is a much more blatant and direct ethical violation. Big corporations killing off small businesses sort of happens in the background and we're used to it. All these possible privacy violations on the Xbox One could disturb enough people to make it into a failure in terms of sales. If I had to guess though, they make it do some fun and flashy things with the Kinect and other features and people will buy it anyway. I think most people are either unaware of the privacy issue or have a "I have nothing to hide" attitude. And (taking the Kinect out of account) it is sort of true if all you're doing is playing video games. I personally would have a problem with it. I like Playstation but if Sony was the one doing this I would have switched to Xbox or PC. But I doubt the majority of consumers would do the same.

EDIT:

Case in point.