Ron Paul's Homeschooling Curriculum

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Twistedd, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Here, students learn the basics of Western Civilization and Western liberty -- how it was won, how it is being lost, and how it will be restored. (Not can . . . will.)

Students also learn the basics of American history, the United States Constitution, and American geography.

They get two courses on free market economics. They get two courses on government, including a how-to course on reclaiming America, one county at a time.

Students get mathematics, either through calculus or statistics or both.

They get the basics of science: earth science, biology, chemistry, and physics.

I invite parents to take courses and participate on forums -- to get the education they never had. Parents do not pay for the individual courses that they purchase for their children.

When completed and online, the curriculum's first six years -- instructional videos and course materials -- will be free. Some parents will decide to join the site, in order to participate in the K-5 forums, but membership is not mandatory. It is supplemental. On the K-5 timetable, click here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIdYiUg7qtc]BREAKING: Announcing The Ron Paul Homeschool Curriculum! - YouTube[/ame]

RonPaulCurriculum.com

2. I wish this was my education in K-12. The only thing I see missing is a course on logic. I find it hard to believe Ron Paul would approve of a complete K-12 education not including logic, I certainly don't. Other than that it looks great though.

3. It's incomplete with middle and high school still unfinished and yet to be debuted. I'm sure that will come in later.

4. No books, no teachers, mandatory youtube, and christian studies....great ideas, Ron, you're always one step ahead of your detractors. :hello:

5. You're a caricature of yourself. It's you who is one step ahead of your detractors with this ridiculous misrepresentation of what the curriculum actually includes...

6. This sounds pretty sweet. I don't have children yet but I know this would be a hard sell to my wife when we eventually do. She currently works in the college counseling office of a private school and previously worked in the admissions department of a major state university. We were just discussing this and she agreed that it would probably be a better education than you would get out of a public school but worries about the non-accreditation part. She said that her previous university absolutely looks at the high school curriculum and if it has state accreditation. They apparently had a list of schools that they could not accept transcripts from.

7. This is true but by the time your hypothetical son grows up, a college degree will be practically worthless and they's.ll be charging a million dollars for tuition. You could start a savings account that he could eventually use to start a small business and he could use those ron paul skills to run that small business.

8. No disagreement there. But what about kids getting in to the program now and graduates in the next few years?

9. Oh... did you pay the $250 tuition fee to see what it's all about?

Isn't this the very definition of indoctrination?

Was this actually developed and endorsed by Ron Paul, or is this just someone using his name to make a quick dollar?

10. All social subjects can be considered indoctrination by that definition. You are being intellectually dishonest again, like always.

11. I do take issue with some of the stated goals of the curriculum, but garrison's characterization of the program is completely inaccurate... I'm all for taking an objective look at what the curriculum offers, but garrison failed to do that and instead opted to make ridiculous claims of "no books" and "no teachers". Why aren't you talking to garrison about paying the tuition fee to see what it's all about? I was merely contesting his claim(s).

12. [​IMG]

13. #13 Penelope420, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    So anyway.... :rolleyes:

Was this homeschooling curriculum developed by Ron Paul? Does he endorse it? From all appearances, it is someone trying to sell a product using Ron Paul's name.

But you guys are too smart too fall for something like that, so I must be wrong...

Basing an entire K-12 curriculum based on the political beliefs of one man (a career politician, no less), isn't "narrow" enough for you?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/indoctrinate

14. #14 Arteezy, Apr 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2013
    Are you incapable of using Google? This took about 30 seconds to find...

Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk

Surely, you can do your own research on this. There is probably more information on this subject if you're still not convinced.

Again with the intellectual dishonesty. :rolleyes: The curriculum isn't only based on the political beliefs of one man. Note that I am skeptical of the curriculum, but I don't need to rely on falsehoods to justify my skepticism..

15. Yeah, I found it, posted in the wrong thread. Someone kick me.

Skip to 4:00 (Or you could just watch the whole video that's under 5 minutes..)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZFi9psN7M]Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 4/8/13: Homeschooling: The Future of Liberty - YouTube[/ame]

16. If you have done any reading into this at all, you would see there are more people working on this besides Ron. Also, I'm pretty sure if people don't agree with the curriculum, they wouldn't buy it.. That's the point of homeschooling, because you don't like what is already offered.. He's not shoving anything down someone's throat. If you would've done a fraction of the work in searching for this stuff instead of posting all of this, you would have found out.

17. Lets see, should I indoctrinate my child into thinking that hitting is okay or should I indoctrinate my child into thinking its not? Hmmmm.

18. But guy, it's got the words "biblical" and "teaching" in there. You don't want that shit for you kids man. There's no point in looking into it further. I'm totally not judging this by the cover.

19. The apparent Christian bias is probably the main reason I wouldn't personally endorse this program. The rest of it seems good.

20. That's the one thing I don't like as well. That said, when we have children they will likely attend a private school (catholic) anyway. That's assuming my wife is still working there and we are getting the sizable discount that goes along with being an employee.