Olympic FireArms to New York State – Take Your Business Elsewhere

Discussion in 'Politics' started by katsung47, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Olympic FireArms to New YorkState – Take Your Business Elsewhere

February 12, 2013

Olympia, WA --(Ammoland.com)- Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in anddefender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attentionpaid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of ourDivinely given Rights.

One of those Rights is that to Keepand Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 andmany other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens ofNew York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines.

We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authoritygranted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates theConstitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District ofColumbia v. Heller – 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago – 561 U.S. 3025of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of1939.

Due the passing of this legislation, Olympic Arms would like to announcethat the State of New York, any Law Enforcement Departments, Law EnforcementOfficers, First Responders within the State of New York, or any New York Stategovernment entity or employee of such an entity – will no longer be served ascustomers.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/02/olympic-arms-to-new-york-state-take-your-business-elsewhere/#ixzz2KkFqTrWU

2. I am a man of principles and even though this could cost them profit, I applaud this decision on principle alone.

3. Good stuff. If only all the other manufacturers followed suit.

4. Yeah I'd love to see one of the big names do this; Sig, Glock, S&W, etc., but this is a good start.

5. Here is another one.

York Arms - NY deliveries

6. i second that

the people of new york voted their leaders into office and these are the kinds of leaders they want and they have.
    so, new yorkers, if you dont agree with what your leaders are putting you though, like no guns to protect yourself, no extra large sodas from mcds, stop and frisk, then VOTE YOUR LEADERS OUT!!!!!

7. Hopefully the first of many more.

8. Theyve done it, La Rue tactical has also done the same thing, and Magpul said they would pull out of Colorado if they passed any legislation that infringed on the 2nd Amendment.

9. would be great to see other gun/ammo stores/companies to follow suit on this

10. This thread made me happy.

Too bad new York.will just go to the next gun store

11. Cost them money? This is 100% a marketing strategy. They know who their target market is, and it's not the NY police department.

12. Oh man, if Glock did it, they would be very screwed.

Pretty sure the G19 is the standard sidearm and has been for quite a long time. Tens of thousands of them in use.

And I'm glad to hear LaRue is doing it too. Great company, they make some bad-ass gear, as does Magpul, they practically re-invented the AR mag.

13. Yeah that's why I don't see a company like Glock doing it, they have a lot to lose, but it would be great if they did. Glock, Sig, Beretta, and S&W are all big in law enforcement, but Glock is the king. Probably over 50% of LEO use some kind of Glock. They have the most to lose, but the ability to send the biggest message if they ever decide to.

14. Hellyeah! Take that..BITCHZZZZ!!

15. Hahaha fantastic

16. Well, I stand corrected :rolleyes:

17. I disagree with 99% of what you say.

But not this time.

Buisnessmen want to make.money. that's the point

18. The gun community in general is very aware of and committed to Constitutional freedoms, with the 2nd amendment obviously being the main focus. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of these companies lose money, and are willing to lose money, to stand on principle.

19. Some yea perhaps. But think about it objectively from a buisness stand point.

Who buys more total guns? The government or the people?

If they cater to the right crowd they might lose money from one crowd but they secure the other crowd.