Policy U-turn? Secretary of Defense nominee ups war rhetoric against Iran

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Policy U-turn? Secretary of Defense nominee ups war rhetoric against Iran

Somebody is in the process of selling their soul. :rolleyes:

2. When your economic policies fail then a good patriotic war will always make people forget.

3. he's just evolving man...

4. He will ensure that we can strike Iran? Lol

[​IMG]

I think we can probably attack Iran if we wanted to...

5. #5 TheDankery, Jan 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2013
    I don't Hagel is actually abandoning his principles; he's just trying to make it look like he is abandoning his principles. In the last few weeks he's had to get on his knees and pledge his undying allegiance for Israel repeatedly and swear a blood oath that he's ready to level Iran at any moment.

But really his positions don't represent the dramatic change we need in our foreign policy. His ideas fall mostly within the general, terrible consensus of US foreign policymakers.

I'm with Justin Raimondo on Hagel.

I've been watching his hearing in the Senate going on right now.

Goddamn John McCain is bitter.

Now he's getting hammered for wanting to reduce the US's nuclear weapons arsenal.

6. "International obligations" (NWO)

7. LOL @ Hagel getting interrogated over his comment on "Jewish Lobby" "intimidation" urging the US gov't to do "dumb things".

Watching him run from that comment confirms it's truthfulness.

8. Bob Woodward: Why Obama picked Hagel for defense secretary - The Washington Post

9. I know what you think you've just read, but it's a conspiracy theory and it doesn't exist. ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptcp07v_w-w]The Globalists' Agenda - New World Order Quotes from Politicians (1950 - 2009) Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]

10. This is the same argument many have raised about Rand Paul.

11. I don't like Hagel, but at least he's not a neocon. That's an improvement.

12. But thats the rub isn't it? Is he becoming a neocon in order to get a fancy new title and position? Some on this thread say no, they make good arguments. I say though only time will tell. If we go to war with another country especially with Iran and he does not resign over it, then yes he has become a neocon. If the rest of Obama's turn ends without another war and maybe with some military drawdowns then he stuck by his principles for the most part.

13. Still, as of now, he's definitely an improvement. No one knows the future.

14. Hagel has a record of being correct on things only to now have to repudiate it. Rand Paul mainly is repudiating that's he's Ron Paul's son. Why cozy up to Israel and the Religious Right so hard if not to distance himself from Ron's philosophy?

I only watched the hearing up until they took a recess. They made Hagel repeatedly say I LOVE ISRAEL over and over like it was some kind of mantra. Every 30 seconds he was like YOU GUYS KNOW I LOVE ISRAEL, RIGHT... RIGHT?

Someone should've kept track of how many times he said "Israel". Would've been way up there.