West Bank Activists Set Up New Protest Camp Al-Karamah

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trippers, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Keep it up! :hello:

West Bank activists set up new protest camp - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

2. Brutal occupier? Israel took over the West Bank in retaliation for an act of war on Jordan's behalf.

Also, why do you place apartheid in the tags?

3. Because Israel is an apartheid state

Jews are a minority in Israel, yet it's ruled by a single party that favors only the Jews. The police actively enforce segregation. You can't even talk or be seen with non-Jews. non-Jews cannot even attempt to serve in government or integrate in anyway, because prison will await them.

Well, no, what I just said was fucking stupid and wrong, but would accurately describe apartheid.

4. LOL, because I knew you would ask about it. Too funny. :wave:

5. Apartheid ?

Have a Look at Salma ... SALMA... In israeli channel 2, on "master chef" show prime time tv..

image-2910916106.jpg

lol, your Apartheid comment as the rest of the people comments on that subject... Worth shit.

6. You want to make another bet ? lol !!!

Go Benet !

7. My sarcasm apparently went way over your head man.

Read my post again

Shalom

8. lol !! Yea i see now, I'm used to everyone saying that israel is apartheid state... Well maybe its only Aries and the boys who know it all ...

9. No worries.

I do think, at this point, they are saying it just to troll. OP pretty much demonstrated that.

It's clear to everyone Israel isn't apartheid. I don't agree with everything they do, but at least I am based in reality.

10. Well we both in the same position... Non taken man ;)

11. I wouldn't say that.

Ex US president Jimmy Carter believes Israel is an apartheid state. He wrote a book about it. Not based on race he states, but on a desire to take over all the land in the area.

12. What do you think about Stephen Harper?

Apartheid is based solely on race, what do you guys think apartheid is?

If what you're saying is true then Israel is an expansionist state. South Africa under apartheid was not.

13. Jimmy Carter also supports Hezbollah....:p

14. Jimmy Carter was one of the worst presidents of recent history. It has nothing to do with his personal feelings on the middle east either. There's a reason he lost the 1980 election by one of the biggest landslides ever. But I don't even want to get into that. No one should look to him as a source for the conflict.

15. apartheid was a minority of a certain race ruling over a majority of another race.
    Israeli's make up the majority there im pretty sure, and there are muslims, christians, jews, of many different ethnic backgrounds. am i wrong?

israel = wrong place, wrong time.
    apartheid = wrong race, right time

16. Yep, saying Israel is apartheid is incorrect, yet when people keep repeating it over and over again, it's become synonymous with Israel.

17. Israeli is a nationality.

Non-Jews are the minority there, with the largest majority of the minority being Arabs -which it has been demonstrated several times they have more rights than any other middle eastern nation.

It sure as hell doesn't give the country the right to be above international law because the US is their back up bully, but yeah domestically it's the best in the region.

18. im glad im an american, and dont have to deal with other peoples bs.

oh wait...

19. I'm just happy I can play basketball with people of different backgrounds. Live in peace with different nationalities. 21st century stuff.