The Official Abortion/ Women's health Thread (includes poll)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Are you pro life or pro choice? Voice your opinions and vote in the poll. Was an abortion conversation started in a non related thread? Bring the convo here and discuss it to your hearts content.

Dedicated to Penelope.

2. Aren't you nice to give me my own thread where I'm allowed to speak! :rolleyes:

3. Im pro choice..

With that said i dont like the idea of killing babies, and id hope girls would weigh in the option of adoption

4. I personally am pro choice although I will vote for pro life candidates sometimes because there are other issues more important to me. Just like some will vote for a pro choice candidate even though they are a warmonger.

I do not believe abortion law should be up to the states because I do not believe the government should regulate or be involved in health care at all.

5. Sums up my thoughts nicely.

6. #6 Lenny., Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    I can't rep you yet, so enjoy a 'like'....

I am adamantly pro-choice.

It should not be left to the states, the reason being is that some states, particularly in the south, would make abortion illegal, or extremely restricted. I think that individuals should be protected by the state, not being protected from the state.

I don't really think abortion is in real danger.
    I am not going to judge a candidate on his abortion stance, but I definitely won't ignore it. Like Rick Santorum, that guy was an asshat.

7. Wow. no one was ever saying you couldn't do that, you were completely free to make this topic a long time ago.

8. I'm pro-choice and in my opinion there is no such thing as pro-life.

Abortion happened before it was legal and when it did women DIED from them. How can you be pro-life if life is still taken? You cant, you're either pro-choice or anti-choice, and that's the hard truth.

Now being pro-choice doesnt mean you're anti-life. But being "pro-life" means you're anti-choice. I hate the idea of abortion, I have a baby, but its not my place to tell someone what they cant do with their body. that is the same exact thing people tell us smokers, what we can and cant do with our own bodies.

Besides I notice a trend, most people who are pro-life are mostly pro-fetus. Once its born they don't give a shit if its beaten or in poverty or sick, no they care that its born after that it isn't their concern, when it shouldn't have been any of their concern to begin with.

Pro-choice all the way, claiming a fetus inside a woman's body is human gives outside people the power over a woman's body. Want to have a natural birth? Nope doctor took custody of the "person" inside you, don't want a c-section TOP BAD! Husbands do you want to make the final call on who lives and dies if the mother is unable? Too fucking bad for you that is now out of your hands. Personhood goes far beyond just outlawing abortion, and these arent just out there theories, they have actually happened.

9. [quote name='"lenny88"']

Wow. no one was ever saying you couldn't do that, you were completely free to make this topic a long time ago.[/quote]

she tried to speak in one of my threads about personhood bills and got ruthlessly attacked....

10. This to me is really important. Abortion law is not changing anytime soon, the courts are firmly behind Roe V. Wade and we had BUSH an evangelical christian AS PRESIDENT FOR 8 YEARS and he didn't do shit against abortion.

Abortion is a dead issue, each side just uses it to scare and rally their base. The political parties just use it, to make us think they stand for different beliefs.

11. according to the constitution I think it should be state legislation only.
    Me personally, let them do what they want it doesn't affect me if someone gets an abortion. I'm not some self-righteous motherfucker to push my morals onto somebody else

12. [quote name='"daltonmc"']according to the constitution I think it should be state legislation only.
    Me personally, let them do what they want it doesn't affect me if someone gets an abortion. I'm not some self-righteous motherfucker to push my morals onto somebody else[/quote]

A woman dying from pregnancy complications isn't different in Texas or Michigan... so why different laws for the same type of people?

13. Personhood bills are one thing,, topics that had nothing to do with abortion are another thing. Regardless, anyone is free to make their own topic at any time.

Yeah, I think it's used mostly to keep the evangelical Christian vote.

Unrelated: I am listing to stay fly by three 6 mafia.

14. Proof of the GOP War on Women

You're right. It's a dead issue. If we just ignore it, our politicians will protect our rights!

Like I said in another thread, if abortion were an extra large sugary soda and New York were trying to ban it, there would be a 15 page thread on how the government is stealing our rights.

But THIS ^^^^^ All of this above?? Meh, it's a dead issue.

15. will you shut up already?! :wave:

pro choice here.. it's ridiculous that this is even an issue.
    and more ridiculous that it's an issue to those who claim to be for personal freedoms and liberty etc..

i understand why religious wackos don't want abortions.. but that's about it.

16. People should be allowed to evict unwanted beings from their property, regardless of whether they are human or not. This general rule applies to women and to their uteruses (sp?) as their property.

17. :hello:
    Perhaps the idea behind this is to keep the fetus alive long enough so that it grows up to be an exploitable human being. At that stage you can pay him/her a barely livable wage to work suck-ass job.

18. Yeah, don't get an abortion cause that's evil!

But my god flooded the whole earth killing everyone but a select few?

thats perfectly ok!

19. I'm pro-life. Every action has consequences, if you have sex, u take the chance of getting pregnant. Were given the gift to create other intelligent human beings. We were given the privilege of living, who are we to take that away from others? Especially if they had a purpose, they could've been someone that changed the world.

That being said, there are special circumstances where abortion would be acceptable, and thats where the real issue comes up. Cause whose to say what a reasonable circumstance and whose gonna regulate where the line is. I think personally that abortions shouldn't be so easy to access(I was considering one at one point of my life and it was way easy to access, to not only cover it up from loved ones but seem like it never happened) if it's such an unshameful thing , then why do ppl cover it up from parents? Cause they know it's wrong and their parents might support or not. It goes against human nature, science is playing god. Abortions should be something u have to get permission from government or something with special permission to get one.

20. We aren't given the privilege of living, or 'given' the ability to create life.

Every organism on the face of this earth reproduces. That's how life survives. Humans are not some special anomaly. The 'person who could have changed the world' argument makes no sense. What if they grew up to change the world like Hitler changed the world? The argument has no bearing in reality.

I hide certain things from my parents too, even though I don't live with them and I'm an adult. It is not because I'm ashamed, it's because I don't want to risk ruining the relationship I have with my parents - because that relationship is the best relationship I have. You shouldn't have to disclose every part of your private life to your parents....

If you didn't want to have an abortion, you made the choice not to have it....but just because you find abortions wrong doesn't mean we should restrict it for everyone. Because not everyone shares your view on the issue... Simply put, if you don't want to have an abortion, don't have one.