UN's Richard Falk calls for a boycott of Israel made goods.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trippers, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Canada, Israel call for UN investigator's resignation - World - CBC News

I completely agree with Mr. Falk.

The company I work for used to purchase Israeli made abrasives, CGW (Camel Grinding Wheels) and deburring tools (Noga & Shaviv). This has recently been stopped and now we get these supplies elsewhere. Our company does not want to support a nation that commits acts of terrorism on a regular basis and is in violation of many international laws.

I really wish my country wouldn't support Israel like they are doing. Completely unacceptable.

2. You, Swills, And J-Dilla should just add each other on MSN messenger and talk about this.

There's too much of this pro/anti Israel jerking on this forum.

3. So the people and nations that are boycotting Iran are Anti-Iranian?

4. Dude this is the politics section. If you have a problem with certain issues or threads, do what I do, I just don't open and read them.

Peace.

5. I was being sarcastic, which apparently doesn't translate too well over the internet...

6. I don't see how boycotting civilian companies will help out in getting the misunderstood point across. Just like the protests of an Israeli dance troupe in Scotland lol.

As for the alleged violations, name me a single country in the world that does not have a company that violates the law...(not a justification in general, but a justification for the "why Israel)

7. :eek:

8. Ooops, sorry, no it doesn't lol

9. Lets boycott every invention the Israeli's have given us too right?

Apple, Microsoft, Intel, IBM, Google all use Israeli technology to name a few companies.

You hate Israel, well better ditch your ipads too lol.

10. #11 J-DILLA, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  11. I think this thread should be renamed the "Avoid these products if you are against Israel thread." :p

12. Peace.

It's not you as much as the other two,, they have been jerking it for a while.

13. As long as I am still able to buy that Fontaine Sante hummus dip, I will be content.

14. Lol, apparently an organization boycotting Israeli companies just shut down its website after finding out the PHP software it ran was Israeli.

15. Yeah boycotts don't always work. For example, we had goods come back to my company that were sent to Iran. This was shortly after the sanctions came into place. So now we just send the goods to India, and from there they get forwarded to Iran.

But that said, one still has to stick by their convictions. I am only one person, but if I feel the need to boycott something, I will still do it even if I know it won't have much of a result.

16. Oh god this planet would be 1000 times better without these corporate cretins.

Ad we would not be cavemen without israel 'technology'.

Wed live just fine, as humans have, for who knows how long.

17. And I know you all consider me a scumbag for saying this, but doctors and hospitals HURT humanity.

Helps the SICK, hurts the healthy. Why, we breed with 'healthy' appearing people not knowing what mental/physical disease your new family is now burdened with.

18. Everyone says that, yet they cant live a day without their cellphones and computers, which all use Israeli technology.