Protesters storm US Embassies in Libya and Egypt

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Phamas, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Anyone who believes in a magical bearded man in the clouds should be shot dead. Religion is a plague and this is one of its symptoms.

2. This is their patented way of thanking us for all the support, foreign aid and other things that we give them.

3. I just fail to understand how dislike for a film leads to setting buildings on fire.

What's up with the U.S. embassy speaking out against the film makers?

How do you hurt the strongly held opinions, aka beliefs, of people? And why should these opinions be respected?

4. We supported dictators in both countries . We also destroyed Libyas infrastructure during the Nato air strikes. Not to mention a few dozen kids.
    If China gave us billions but also killed some of our civilians we would go fucking nuts. JS

5. #7 Swills, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2012
    Do you guys wanna see the DUTCH movie that has these Muslims acting like lunactics?

This movie is so bad I can't believe anyone is raging over it. This is quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen, topping even The Garbage Pail Kids Movie.

Prepare yourselves for fail

I can't believe morons are rioting over this.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sQPRtS2h7k]The Coptic abroad insulting the prophet in doing Movie Trailer.avi - YouTube[/ame]

Not that I take any religion serious, but Islam is now the silliest religion as of today. Tomorrow the Catholic Church will probably retake claim to that title.

6. Religion must be taken seriously, very seriously - because it's the most dangerous form of widespread mental disease that has ever existed.

7. It was dubbed in arabic, so the bad acting and corny lines would be hidden in translation.

It's not like the film was popular in America though.

8. Statism is worse.

9. They're very similar. Just replace god with government and religion becomes statism.

10. The powerful, intrusive governments are like a religion, with a similar mindset - but theists are more irrational, and the adherents tend to be less intelligent, than those who live under tyrannical governments. Governments run according to the Bible or the Koran, would be worse than those based on Marxism or Fascism.

11. ^ Argument about whether statism or religion is worse/more irrational...this could go on forever.

The more I read about the 'protests' the more it seems like people were just waiting for the opportunity to attack the embassies, and the gathering over the film provided it.

12. You could say that any argument is “irrational”, or could go on forever.

13. So is the killing of a US ambassador an act of war?

14. Before I saw this thread, I woke up to this FB post today by RP

"Libyans just killed the US Ambassador. Some people are calling it an act of war. Let's be reminded that the first act of war was when our government started bombing their country."

I was like wtffff went down while I was asleep

15. What was the video that offended them